Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'The Atom Arranger'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cyborg

Inactive Character
us__none__ibm100__cult_innovation__scanning_tunneling_microscope_2__620x350.jpg

Image Source: ibm.com
Intent: When I first used this character, about two years ago, he was an expert on nanoscience with a range of various types of nanobots, for various purposes. In order for any of that to be legitimate, I understand I have to make them from scratch here. I plan to use this to slowly, over several development threads, create a single nanobot, which will eventually create more- so that The Cyborg can once more have nanobots at his disposal. Obviously, any nanobots that are created will be submitted as seperate technology submissions. (Note: I've done alot of research, and most of this lays in real-life technology, so with the level of technology the Chaos galaxy boasts, this should be easy.)
Development Thread: Will gladly create a thread of repairing the machine that was created ages ago, as icly this was created during his first 'life', hundreds of years ago. More likely then not, though, it would have been safe in his underwater labratory. But if a dev thread is needed, i'll do one of repairing the machine.
Manufacturer: The Cyborg
Model: 'The Atom Arranger'
Affiliation: The Cyborg
Modularity: ...I suppose very minor things, like repair of parts, upkeep, maybe a paint job.
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, wiring, tungsten needle tip, various machine parts.
Description: In the most basic terms availble, the machine is a fairly large controlled enviroment for moving individual atoms in any pattern the user deems fit. It accomplishes this by utilizing an array of tiny tungsten-tipped needles tapered to a point that consists of only one individual atom, which use tiny magnetic pulses to 'guide' individual atoms in to place. As this requires the 'work surface' to be absaloutely clear of any obstructions, particles in the air, or vibrations, work is done inside a metal chamber. The blueprints for whatever item needs to be constructed is entered in to the machine's computer, giving orders to a droid brain, which controls the aray of tiny needles in order to build whatever atomic-size device needs to be built. There is a catch, however... it takes a long time. A very long time. In order for the machine to be precise enough to construct whateveer needs to be constructed out of atoms as building blocks, the needles have to be moved and directed extremely slow. Building one nanobot- which is the purpose of this machine- would take around a month. And that's if it's a simple nanobot. Therefore, as nanoscientists have already established, this machine is practically obselete to create nanobots- as the most efficient way to build them.. is with nanobots. But in order to build nanobots with nanobots, you need nanobots to start with... hence the machine. Also, the machine must be allowed to remain completely undamaged- though the 'work space' of the interior of teh machine is stabilized so that minimal vibrations, like footsteps, will not harm the work, the slightest shove on the machine will completely destroy whatever it's creating at the time. Meaning it's extremely easy to disrupt it's work- just by poking it.

(OOC: I'm willing to do whatever work I have to to make this machine acceptable. I very look forward to using nanoscience with this character, as I did years ago when I rped him last. )

[member="The Cyborg"]

This is going to take a substantial development thread in order to complete, at minimum, 50 post thread.

And that is before we get into the actual functionality.

The Cyborg

Inactive Character
[member="Artemisia Vy Kar"] - Alright, i'll get on that. Just like to point out though- this is all real life technology, just automated with a droid brain. Will @ you when I finish the dev thread.

The Cyborg

Inactive Character
Ah, sorry. I put this on the back burner, going to pursue other projects for now. Archives this, if ya' would. Ty in advance.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom