Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Art of the Saber (Group Lightsaber Training)

Veino stood with his hands clasped behind his back, studying he training ground. He had his lightsaber on one side of his belt, and a trains saber on the other side.

He would be teaching students lightsaber combat today. Most already had their sabers it seemed. That was good. He would be showing them how to use them now, and ensure they could use it well. The ones who didn't, he would make sure they knew the basics before helping them build one.

He stopped and turned to face the entrance, awaiting the students.

Minna strolled into the training ground slowly, taking her usual small steps. With her she had brought two lightsabers, her usual White Lightsaber and her old Orange Lightsaber, both of which were holstered on each side of her waist. Her grey hooded robe hid her face, yet it was obvious who it was, as she was the only person in the academy like herself. She stopped beside Veino, turning around to face the entrance, while giving him a greeting nod. "Here to observe, I am. Interesting, it should be." The Yodaling smiled, pulling down her hood to reveal her small, green face.

Hakora began his day normally, with a run through the woods. He ran at a speed that would suggest he was doing sprints or running away from something. He used freerunning techniques like vaults, kongs, and cat hangs to make it over dead trees or over gaps. He began making his way back to the camp, but decided to try something knew and used the force to leap up to the tree branches and began to run from branch to branch. this was more difficult than running on ground and Hakora could not keep up his speed ground, but it was great practice. Once he came to the tree line he leapt off the last branch and got some distance using the force. As he hit the ground, he bent his knees and tucked his body into a roll to spread out the impact. He got to his feet and put both hands behind his head and fought for a while to catch his breath. He then noticed he wasn't alone. In fact he was in the presence of his temp master filling in til his sister or ella returned. He slightly bowed and saw the Yodaling and smiled. "Oh, what are you guys doing? Am i interrupting or in time for a training?

Veino greeted [member="Minna"] with a warm smile. It was good to see her again. He had been so busy lately that he almost felt disconnected from the order. The thought troubled him, but he set it aside to think about later, as well as ways to form a tighter community within the Order.

"It will be, undoubtedly, assuming they come." He gave a small laugh. Perhaps it would be good to tighten the community. "How are you progressing with your Ataru? You are mostly beyond what I can teach there."

He turned and nodded as [member="Hakora Shin"] entered. "Not at all. I am hosting a group lightsaber training session here soon. I'm just waiting for others to arrive."

"Going well, my Ataru training is." The Yodaling nodded, before turning to look up at [member="Hakora Shin"] with a smile. A feeling of disconnection with the order had been a problem with her aswell. No doubt everyone in the Temple felt it, as things had been going rather slow lately. However, Minna was certain Veino could keep things going strong, atleast until Alexandra returned to her normal duties. "Hmm, know your name, I do not." She said to Hakora. "Minna, my name is. A pleasure to meet you properly."

"Oh, I am still pretty new, I am Hakora, Hakora Shin." He bowed in return to her and smiled. It was true, it wasn't that long ago when Alexandra revealed she was his older sister, but then she disappeared before he could even process it, so he wasn't sure he believed it yet. There wasn't much about his past he believed since he could not remember it. According to Alexandra, his parents were murdered and before they could kill Hakora he used a powerful force repulse and destroyed the house with the murderera. He was 8 at the time, but he can only remember waking up the next day to an old Jedi master. He sometimes longed to know what his parents were like, but he more longed for peace and so he needed to train and become stronger, but he walked a fine line. In Hakora was the ability to destroy or rebuild, which would he choose?

Veino nodded, pleased with her progress, and the sense of agreement he seemed to get from her. Perhaps he was not the only one to sense the disconnect. He barely knew any of the other members.

He glanced around with a slight frown. It did not appear others would appear. So be it. That was their loss. He could teach these two. Or Hakora, anyways. Minna was beyond his capabilities to teach.

He would likely have them pair up so Hakora could gain an understanding of Ataru, unless Minna disagreed.

[member="Hakora Shin"] [member="Minna"]

"This is it, hmm?" Minna glanced around, letting off a little sigh afterwards. "Much work to be done, to boost our numbers..." She looked up to Veino, nodding to him. "Begin the lesson, you might aswell."

[member="Hakora Shin"]

Veino nodded slowly, "Indeed. I'm just not sure how to manage that." Start the lesson then. That was a good plan. He rubbed his temples, thinking.

"Would you two be willing to pair up to start as a warm-up? Run through the basics of your chosen forms?"

[member="Minna"] [member="Hakora Shin"]

Hakora spun his lightsaber, he always enjoyed a good spar and fighting someone two feet tall would be interesting to say the least. "Just a heads up, my form is natural and I don't know official basic moves, but I will do my best to not be killed." His unstable lightsaber was purring and as he swooshed it, it could be compared to the sound of a lion's roar in comparison to the normal lightsaber sound.

Minna smirked, dropping her grey robes to reveal her usual black combat tunic. From her side she brought out her lightsaber, igniting it's white blade and bringing into position, entering the starting Ataru form. "Ataru, my form is. Find it hard to hit me, you might. Go easy on you, I shall." She smirked again, before returning her face to a serious look, awaiting her sparring partners first move.

[member="Hakora Shin"]

Hakora smiled, he truly enjoyed a good spar. He centered his mind to where only this fight existed. He spun his saber staff like a windmill making a sort of figure eight as his speed began to make him appear to have more than one lightsaber. He rushed his opponent and used a flurry of attacks to create a dome attack formation to make attacks come from all angles, but then sent a sweeping Echani style kick that fluently mixed with his moves to make it as simple as dancing.

Veino frowned slightly at the comment. Was that sarcasm? Or overconfidence? He would have to speak to her about that soon. Overconfidence got people killed. He didn't want that to be her fate.

He raised an eyebrow at Hakora's opening move. That was a style unknown to him. Where had the boy learned it? The kick was familiar though. Echani. Interesting. His newest student had some surprises in him, that was for sure.

[member="Hakora Shin"]. [member="Minna"]

Minna rushed into the windmill, sending out her own matching strikes, meeting the flurry and blocking on both sides. Her short arms allowed her to bring her lightsaber to each side quicker than most could. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a kick coming, and so she utilised the main point of Ataru. Keep moving. Using the force, Minna leaped up and over the boy, sending her own flurry of strikes along the way, mainly to keep his saberstaff pre-occupied. When she landed on the other side, she would start circling him slowly, her lightsaber held lowly infront of her. "Fast, chaotic, your strikes are. Effective sometimes, but more precision, you will need."
[member="Hakora Shin"]
@Veino Garn

Hakora smirked as she was able to keep up, but she was very wrong. His form was Vaapad, not Juyo. Juyo was chaotic and powerful, while Vaapad was that with precision. As she lept over him, he did the same. He performed a back flip in al most perfect unison and as if in slow motion he saw an opening. Usually when flipping people dropped their guard slightly and Hakora saw that opening and with one hand sent a powerful open palm strike to her back where the tips of his fingers would drive into her back to strike a pressure point and cause parilisation in her left arm. It was simple, but hand to hand combat was his speciality, yet he was deadly all around when it came to combat.

She had underestimated the boy, and that was a great mistake. A few moments after landing, she realised her left arm was paralysed. Her face hardened as she channeled the force through her, using what Alexandra had told her about Force Speed but in a different way. Instead of flowing the force through her muscles to increase her speed, she instead used it to correct her muscles and nerves, allowing her arm's movement to slowly come back to her.
After she had regained control, she used the force to bring her out another lightsaber from the inside of her tunic. Jar'Kai; the form of dual lightsaber combat, was only her back-up style as she wasn't as experienced in it as she was Ataru. However, this was a lesson afterall, so she might aswell practice a newer form for herself. Although, a wave of emotion came over her temporarily, as she realised the one thing about her second lightsaber. It was the lightsaber her mother had given her, on her death bed, and she hadn't used it since she was training to be a Jedi of the Republic...
Casting the emotion aside, she ignited it's golden blade and put it up horizontally, while her other blade pointed the opposite way below it, putting her into her Jar'Kai stance. After a few moments of channeling the force through her, she leaped forward and brought both of her blades to her shoulders, before bringing them both diagonally down in an X shape on [member="Hakora Shin"] aiming for his chest.
@Veino Garn

Hakora landed in a crouched position. He watched for a moment and his eyes widened a bit as she ral her muscles and was glad she was ultimately on her side. She then pulled out another lightsaber and Hakora felt emotion rush from her which was the last part of the equation. Vaapad was perfect against the dark side as it used someone's dark side as a weapon; emotions was a great subsitute. Hakora then did something most would view as foolish. He unhooked his lightsabers and put one away so he had one lightsaber to her two. He smirked and repeated a phrase from the founder of Vaapad, "how many arms do you see?" With that, Hakora used her emotions and fully tapped into the extent of his level of Vaapad and unleashed a 6 attack counter. He used four strikes to quickly double counter both lightsabers and knock them away. With the fifth strike he sent as a false strike to her chest which was merely a cover for the sixth strike which was a spinning strike. He used the natural speed off Vaapad and his free hand to do a force push that acted more as a crude repulse attack which would knock her away.

Sure enough, his choice to use only one lightsaber surprised her, yet still she expected her attacks to be prevented. Then for the fifth strike, she brought her left lightsaber vertically to her centre, intending to block the apparent chest strike. However, it turned out to be false, and the spinning strike came to her fast. Fortunately, the force was strong with her today, and her fast reactions allowed her other lightsaber to snap to her defense. Minna was about to send her now spare lightsaber towards [member="Hakora Shin"] when a force push hit her square on, sending her back stumbling. Taking only a moment to recover, she brought both lightsabers to her right side, lunging forward again to slice horizontally to the left side of Hakora's body. Although both lightsabers were swinging straight for his side, she quickly changed her plan, spinning her left lightsaber to a downward position, spinning herself around the boy and attempting to bring her left lightsaber slicing along his back. It was a rather complex move for Minna, and she hoped it worked.

Veino's frown deepened. Vaapad. Complex Vaapad at that. He wasn't entirely sure Hakora was truly ready for that yet. There was a maturity needed in that. A solidness in the Force. An emotional and mental maturity as well. He knew that he hadn't had the maturity when he was that age. Or even now for that matter. Then again, he was fairly certain he didn't have the ability to use it properly. Empathy put a dampened on dark techniques. It was hard to be angry at someone when you could read their own emotions to literally stand in their shoes, emotion wise. The there was the fact that ancient battlemasters had said it would take a master of several forms to utilize it effectively.

Minna was doing very well, especially given the fact that Ataru was at a significant disadvantage against such an aggressive style. Jar'kai would require more practice to truly be effective though. Unfortunately, at was again something he could not teach. He would have to travel far again to learn more to reach more.

He paced along the edge of the area, watching hem carefully. This duel could easily become one where he would need to step in.

Hakora smirked as his move worked, but did not lose focus; he lived for combat because Heroes were bred in combat. He spun he body to give him more power as he went to counter the two lightsabers coming at his side and stopped one, but the other caught him off gaurd and strike his lightsaber sending it out of his hands and into a tree. He then backflipped once out of her range and took a new stance without a lightsaber. He stood with his side toward her and one hand in front and slightly down at an angle open like holding a trey and the other at an upward angle also held open like holding a trey. His Echani style resembled the combat version of Tai Chi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom