Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Arcadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
Intent: Flagship

Hero Unit: Yes

Manufacturer: Kaloth Designs

Model: Kaloth Class Battlecruiser

Affiliation: Pirate/Privateer
Modularity: Weapons ports are highly modular. The hull and design not so much.
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel double plated outer hull, augmented in a few critical spots with salvaged beskar plating.
Description: The Arcadia is a unique beast. The hull was made by stripping down a cannibalized Kaloth class battleship and then modifying it till it became virtually unrecognizable. The length was increased slightly while the interiors were redesigned completely. A lot of the systems were slaved ontop of each other to minimize crew. The ship is designed for one purpose only. To chase down and board target vehicles. As such it is ill suited for capital ship style combat. At four hundred meters long she is not the most intimidating of capital ships. But something about the skull and crossbones emblazoned on its front seem to the strike fear in the hearts of those who see it. Equipped with heavy shields and many harpoons The Arcadia has taken down many a prey in its heyday. However they owe their success mostly to the element of surprise, for The Arcadia is lightly armed for a ship of its size. No one knows how Ironwolf came into possession of this ship. Some say he squandered his entire Lordship and inheritance to get this ship built. Others say the ship came to him. He found it floating in the unknown regions of the Galaxy, a gift from the dark alien deity to whom he had sold his soul.
Classification: Capital ship
Role: Flagship
Height: 160m
Width: 290m
Length: 400m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Kuat Drives Galaxy 15 Ion drive
Hyperdrive Rating: 2(Backup class 18)
Minimum Crew: 45
Optimal Crew: 150
Armaments: 2 x forward mounted firelinked cannons acting as the main gun.
It is a computer linked dual cannon. It fires a linked shot of massive plasma and ion energy by powering through the ship's systems leaving her drained and dead in space for three minutes after. The plans for the dual cannon were stolen off a holocron. They allegedly belong to the late Tyber Zann and his ship The Merciless. Aside from the main gun the Arcadia's armament is pretty weak compared to most capital ships.

2 x turbolaser cannon: One each side.
4x rear mounted defensive laser cannons.
4 x Anchor Tubes. Tubes with hooked and barbed durasteel ends to allow for boarding. In place of missile ports.
8 x harpoons launchers, with durasteel lines. Front and side mounted.

Hanger: Space enough for five starfighters.

Non-Combative Attachments:
Full line wide range sensor arrays
Biosensor array
Targetting computer
Navigation systems

Passenger Capacity: Can carry 40 passengers with room for additional 100 prisoners.

Cargo Capacity: 3000 metric tonnes.
Consumables: Eight months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 6 - 7

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
As a chase ship, class 6 is reasonable. My only question, and it's the question that has to be asked, is equivalency for the big guns. If you were to use turbolasers as a unit of measurement, how powerful would the linked big guns be?

Also, direct copies of other franchises (image, name, armament, etc) are not accepted at this forum. Alter as necessary, please.

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
The main dual cannon will be powerful. I would guess slightly more powerful than a turbolaser battery. Im basing it off
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aggressor-class_Star_Destroyer
And there are no details on the cannon's specs so Im just gonna use common sense with it. I would say with a massive ion shot coupled with a plasma shot the dual cannon should inflict significant damage on its target. Maybe obliterate vessels smaller than itself and cripple targets larger than itself.
Apart from that I made a mistake in the armament. Instead of two turbolaser cannons, one each side there will two turbolaser cannon batteries. One each side. I think that makes more sense from a ship building point of view.
Also, Ive removed the images but I really wish to keep the name. "The Arcadia" is what Ironwolf has always named his flagship. And it goes with my whole "et in arcadia ego" motto and all.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
  • The big gun. You've given it checks and balances. I guarantee, however, that you'll get complaints, or people lowballing the strength of the big gun.
  • If the big gun is as strong as a turbolaser battery, and its use knocks out the ship, what do the other two new turbolaser batteries do? Also, there's sadly some confusion about the number of guns in a battery. Some sources say five, a few say as low as two, a few say as high as twelve. For a ship this size, gun count is everything, so it might be better if you stated exactly how many barrels are involved.
  • Yes, you can keep the name. :D

Ironwolf

Et in Arcadia Ego
Having gone through the weapon emplacement section on wookiepedia Im cool with just two Turbolaser cannons. One each side. Like I said she isnt really built for ship to ship combat.

As for the main gun, well I imagine it should do about as much damage as a quad turbolaser cannon. The ion shot rips apart the shields and the plasma does the rest. I understand why some would think it overpowered but its pretty logical when you think about it. And three minutes dead in space is as good as dead. Doesnt make pirating sense to use it unless I am alone with my target. In which case it doesnt make pirating sense to destroy my target when I can board it and enslave the crew and sell the ship.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I'm still curious as to how closely the loadout (the achor tubes and grapnels and such) corresponds to the 'original' Arcadia. Then again, there are relatively few Star Wars solutions/options for the problems of piracy.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom