Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Teno Alloy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Alloy_copy.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit an alloy Meridian uses in its ships.
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Teno Alloy
  • Manufacturer: Meridian Dynamics.
  • Homeworld: /
  • Production: Mass-Produced.
  • Affiliation: Meridian Dynamics
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Naturally occurring ores on Zygerria.
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Alloy
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
  • Kinetic: High
  • Ion/EMP: High
  • Sonic: Low
  • Acid: Low
  • Lightsabers: Low

[*]Color: Meridian usually treats it with proprietary methods that gives the hull a rust-like finish.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • N/A
Strengths:
  • Durable: The material is very durable against a plethora of damage comparable to Alusteel.
  • Versatile: Is mostly used in the construction of Meridian's ships, but can be utilized in other projects as well.
Weaknesses:
  • Heavy: The alloy in its final form is heavier than an average alloy and heavier than Alusteel in particular. This makes it a challenge to use in construction and requires changes to the design process to level out efficiency.
  • Exploits: It performs sub-par against handling sonic attacks. A large scale sonic attack has the potential of weakening key structures made with this metal. Acid eats through it relatively easily and a lightsaber cuts through it like a sharp axe through wood.
  • Acid: Distinct weakness against acid-based weaponry, these have a high chance of eating through the hull during prolonged contact.
DESCRIPTION
The Teno Alloy is a proprietary alloy created by Meridian Dynamics to be used in its ships and other construction efforts. It is forged and created through the processing of naturally occurring ores on Zygerria. The specific process is a tightly-kept secret only known to a handful individuals within Meridian Dynamics. Its quality allows the corporation to create very durable bulky ships.

Almost every Meridian-made ship is known for its jagged edges, rust-colored finish and ability to get through some of the most sticky situations. (Even if the people on-board meet a less amazing fate while doing the driving). From heavy energy blasts to kinetic impacts and ion attacks, Teno Alloy is very competent at handling them. On the flip-side the Teno Alloy isn't capable of tanking everything.

Meridian wished it was.

From structural damage through intense tremors, vibrations to acid that can eat through the metal if contact persists to lightsabers that can cut straight through it... there are a number of cases that make the alloy less effective than the company would have hoped for.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Jin Shao"]

This seems mostly fine and actually balanced, but I have an issue.

The intent of the sub seems to be for a material used mainly in starships, and as such I don't find the weaknesses adequate.

Sonic weapons don't work in space and Weight doesn't really mean all that much either. I'd like you to add something that actually subbtracts from the overt good points of this material for its intended purpose.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I am definitely planning on using this for vehicles and other stuff as well, but I can see where your concern comes from.

Do you have any suggestions that would ease the concern?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Jin Shao"]

Though they are rare, there are acid based space weapons. I'd be perfectly fine with you simple adding an "acid" weakness. I know it seems silly since you already have resistance listed as low, but I feel this balances it more and points it out for people better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom