Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Tenloss Security Troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Name: Tenloss Security Troops
Intent: To create a regular unit of infantry used for Tenloss' security purposes.
Dev Thread:
  • Here
  • Here
  • Here they were first mentioned, but the thread never really got much further.
  • Here is another thread where they interact more thoroughly and in detail, though it, too, didn't go far. I had just shown up to the board and posting was slow on my end.
  • Here is a completed thread where Tenloss Security attended a contract agreement while protecting Tenloss assets and Popo himself.
I can go find the others if you really want me to.

Affiliation: Tenloss Corporation, Popo.
Availability: Uncommon
Type: Heavy Infantry
Strength: ~100 soldiers + command and support staff
Description:

Founded shortly after Popo took control of the company, the men and women of Tenloss Security are there to secure and protect the assets and interests of Tenloss.

Hand picked from the most experienced and qualified applicants, Tenloss Security are placed through rigorous training routines and conditioned to fight solely for Tenloss. Only the strongest, toughest, and smartest soldiers are chosen during the trial process to become Tenloss Security troopers.

The troops are armed with everything Tenloss can provide them and are often supported by other Tenloss units in the field. They can be used for offensive and defensive actions in the growing turmoil of the galaxy, but are often relegated to defensive and reactionary roles due to the nature of Corporate Warfare. Security troops are also issued light vehicles and combat engineering equipment/weapons to act as a general purpose unit in a pinch. The units number from two to three hundred men and women and the support and command staff necessary to run the units.

Links:

First thing first, I really enjoy your entries in the factory and how they read. They come off as brochures almost... :).

So, my first and biggest issue with your current entry:

I realize these guys are hand selected and what not, but I'm not too big on the idea of the current description being enough for 200-300 NPC's running around with armor that weighs 110 - 154 lbs. Now, these are heavy commandos and that is a valid counter. However, I would point to the Katarn-Class Commando Armor as a on objective and decent example of what a commando should be dealing with, weight wise. For reference, the 'patented' armor is closer to the weight of old school diving suits than useable armor. But this is also star wars and differing species have different capacities for strength. And this isn't the Factory...So here's what I'm going to need:
  1. More in depth description. I wanna know what the selection process is like for these guys. We talking the biggest men and women selected, from strong breeding? How often do they have to train in order to actually be able to carry that stuff around? Maybe you were thinking of species that were specific for this, flesh that out for me. You said only the most qualified applicants, this will go towards giving that a bit more detail.
  2. I would like to see some development threads. I'm not married to the idea of you posting all 6-12 of them, but this is a big group of NPC's so maybe a morsel (whichever threads you think would best show off their prowess).
  3. This is more of a question: are they carrying around all the equipment you listed or just preselected combinations based on task? Either one is fine, but I would like to know which it is. I'm gonna assume it's the latter.
Thanks.

[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Reverance"]
The listed weapons and armor and such are just the weapons and equipment they have access to. They're kind of like a PMC group where troopers select weapons they prefer from the armory. Also, edited in around 5 or 6 dev threads and clarified the description.

Thank you for the edits [member="Popo"] . I appreciate you taking it down to 100. Your development threads prove to me that you have put the security forces to use already and are just looking to give them their appropriate name.

Approved Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom