Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tenloss FBT-N Multipurpose Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Intent: To provide interested parties a multipurpose Anti-Personnel/Anti-Tank mine that can both deter assaults and destroy/disable attacking enemy vehicles and/or infantry.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Tenloss Corporation
Model: FBT-N AP/AT Mine
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Available in Anti-Personnel or Anti-Armor only. No other modularity available.
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Cardboard, tape, high explosive, trigger, fuse.
Description: Seeing the rise in armored warfare and the need for strong deterrents and defenses on the battlefield, Tenloss rose to the challenge full force. Aiming to create the most powerful mine on the market, but keeping in mind the need for cost effectiveness and versatility, they produced the FBT-N Multipurpose Mine. Available in two variants, the FBT-N can effectively disable most tracked vehicles, destroy lighter wheel based vehicles, and maim or wound enemy personnel with ease.

The device is simple to manufacture and cheap to produce. Made of two cardboard "pots" taped together to form a small cylinder and then coated in a waterproof coating, a fuse is placed inside to ignite the explosive. With the Anti-Tank mine, a pressure gauge trigger sits atop the fuse and ignites the mine when the weight reads over 160kg. With the Anti-Personnel mine, a glass trigger rests on top of the fuse and triggers the mine when anything steps on the trigger and shatters the glass.

The AT mine variant is loaded with a shaped charge backed with high explosive while the AP mine is loaded with ball bearings designed to shred through all but the heaviest of armor. The lack of metal in the design renders the mine undetectable to metal detectors or other mine finding devices. However, despite this strength, the mines are rather fragile due to the cardboard casing and are also susceptible to water damage, though this only occurs after long periods of time in the ground, high water levels, or heavy rains over long periods.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Popo"]

I'm just screwing with you. That said, 'cardboard' is only mentioned peripherally in one Wook article, and given the context it could easily be conjecture, so *shrug* Do as you will.

As for the mine itself, thanks for providing me with the real-world equivalent. However, I'm deeply uncomfortable with the recent trend towards numerical ratings for anti-armor weapons, because I've already seen it get used as 'my weapon always breaks all armor class 8 and below,' and we both know that's a ) not realistic and b ) very tempting for powergamers. When taken in concert with 'destroy vehicles with ease,' I think we're in need of some more nuanced wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom