Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technical & Software Q&A

I'm Daella Apparine. I've been an Administrator for the site for most of its lifetime. During that time, I've managed to learn a lot of the systems involved in Invision Power Boards, the software this site uses, as well as its interaction with the server. I know how most of our site's software interacts with the users of the site - from Administrator to General Member.

For a site with as extensive of software as Star Wars RP.net uses, there are bound to be a few bugs or things that just outright confuse members. Staff understands that and we are always willing to try to fix what problems we can find.

If you have a burning question related to the technical aspects of the site, fire away. I will not answer anything related to Roleplay or Writing or Star Wars. Though if it has something to do with the mechanics of posting or the post editor then feel free to post your question.

Jak Sandrow said:
I have a question. Why must the search bar require three or more characters of the item you're searching for?
Invision Power Boards has a default setting for the minimum number of characters in a search query - which is four at the moment. It can be increased or decreased by Administrators - yet we have not found a need to do that. This only counts for the search feature provided by IPB - the Google search works just as a regular Google search does.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Ahh... Okay. Thanks!

Oh, one more thing: Why does the format of the search box look a lot more like HTML than anything else on the site? Is that because of lack of coding in the program itself, or is that its default setting? Or... you just haven't gotten around to making it as... 'smooth' as everything else on the site?

Jak Sandrow said:
Why does the format of the search box look a lot more like HTML than anything else on the site? Is that because of lack of coding in the program itself, or is that its default setting? Or... you just haven't gotten around to making it as... 'smooth' as everything else on the site?
It was formatted that way by the person that designed the skins for SWRP. Does the look of the field of the search box make things hard to read?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom