Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tears in the Snow (Natasi)

Lieutenant Maximilian Jens' formal Navy attire would be somber enough for this event, not least because of its brooding grey tone characteristic of all Imperial uniforms. He would have worn it to any funeral, but it was especially appropriate now, given the fact that the deceased had been killed in action as a member of the Imperial Navy.

Maximilian had only known the heir to House Herevan in name only; he hadn't actually had the pleasure of meeting him personally, although he was sure that they had been in the same room at least once, if not in the Naval Academy then surely at some noble function on Galidraan. Still, his distant relationship had caused him to be bereft of emotion for the departed, aside from the sullen feeling that came when any member of the Empire fell in the line of duty. Rather, he found a strange sense of excitement churning within him as his speeder approached the front entrance to the Herevan Estate on Galidraan that day, which Maximilian knew was wholly inappropriate.

As far as he'd known, the Fortans had only been distant relatives. The deceased and his sister were only third cousins, and he had much closer relatives in the Imperial hierarchy, thus he never expected to inherit anything from these people, much less be any more than a fragmentary part of their lives. He was shocked when he'd received the holocommunication from the Fortan's lawyer. Had he known that this man's death would effectively make him the heir-presumptive of House Herevan, Maximilian would have at least tried to stay in touch with a Life Day card here and there.

His speeder stopped at the looming entranceway to the estate, and Maximilian climbed out. He was alone, much like he preferred it. After stepping out, he pushed his grey officer's cap over his head, keeping the lightly falling snow out of his hair. Diligently, he walked towards the door, where a footman was already waiting.

"More condolences from the Navy, I presume? Thank you, right this way, please," The footman beat him to the punch.

"Actually, I've been summoned by Lord Fortan. My name is Maximilian Jens. Would you tell him I've arrived?"

"Oh," The footman paused. "Yes, yes, of course. Please, step inside. They've not yet returned, I'm afraid. I'll show you to the drawing room."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom