Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teachings of the Saber, and the Force (Open)

OOC: The thread it open to anyone who may want to join. Master, or apprentice, or friend.

IC:
Many times I have been told by my father that the lightsaber is not just a tool. It is a symbol of the Jedi, and the way of life the user chooses. The lightsaber was a weapon used in a more civilized age where wars did not determine who lived or died. I was given special permission by my father to travel to the planet of Yavin. Particularly the fourth moon of Yavin where a temple stood.

One that was build upon the doctrine of a Jedi, Luke Skywalker, long ago. War has raged here since then, however now, it was peace. The lush forests to get lost in. The clear blue water of the lakes, could mesmerize you. The trees in an astounding height. Towering over all that walked, crawled, or slithered beneath its arms. Voss was filled with hills, ruins, and plains. Trees were abundant, but not overpowering. Yet, the place was still beautiful. I could lose myself within the confinements of my mind. Staring at the expansive forest.

However, that is not what I was here for. I was here to learn of the lightsaber. What made it function. Why was the tool so effective. And how to properly use the weapon, and when not to. I also looked forward to reading up and studding about the force group known as the Jal Shey. A group of force users whose religion upon the force was not about any spiritual aspect, but a scientific viewpoint.

It was interesting. The way they could influence every day items such as clothing, tools, and weapons to produce greater effects within the force. My mind buzzed with how much information may have been stored here. And as such, I moved towards the libraries.

Looking over the many tomes, scrolls, datapads, available holocrons, and the holoimages of lightsabers. I would only begin to scratch the surface of what a lightsaber was. I was sad that I had to do it alone at this current time. I had wished for my father to be with me. So that he too, could reap the knowledge that I sought after. However, I wouldn't mind if someone else were to join me, or even teach more to me about these tools.

Looking through the many files that were presented to me, I could see a multitude of lightsaber types. Dual phase, shoto, even clubs. They all ranged with different types of styles and levels of skill that were required to use them. Each one was useful in their own way, as well as being different in function. Clubs were mostly for larger species to use a lightsaber that suited their needs. Shotos for an off hand lightsaber, or for a smaller species, and a dual phase used to have two different size settings that could be used to disrupt the enemy at a moment's notice.

However, I looked at the other lightsabers that were much different. Double bladed, Pikes or lances, Guard-shotos, and a cross guard lightsaber. All of these required more fineness and skill than a normal ligthsaber. Just the idea of having a double bladed lightsaber that could cut my hand off with the wrong move kept me away from it. Guard shoto? never seen them before, and they looked awful. Cut your waist in half if you swung it wrong. Pike? ewww. Just so much room that you couldn't maneuver if you were in a hallway, or let alone the size of carrying that around.

However, I liked the look of the cross guard lightsaber. There were multiple forms. One very long ago about it having two blades. Where the second, but much smaller blade was the guard. Allowing you to protect your hands from the sabers should someone slide their lightsaber down the main blade. But a more recent entry showed a use of a three bladed form. One that looked very much like old swords that were once used by the Jed'aii. However, it required a different form of lightsaber combat. Very likely a form of Niman, where it took moves from multiple forms, and then adapted them to suit the lightsaber, and the users needs.

The usage of this lightsaber would seem stupid almost. Considering that moving in the wrong way would cut your hand off. But after looking at some holovids of its usage, as well as how the lightsaber had wide sweeping arcs to avoid such a thing, it could also be used much like a normal lightsaber. I was perplexed by this. Looking the weapon over and over in my head. I kind of wanted to make one just so then I could test it out. So I could train with it. And considering I don't see alot of people use such a weapon, it might take a few people off guard with the concept.

I sat there for a good hour. Going over the motions of such a weapon. Seeing how the Sith moved. As much as his form was aggressive, yet balanced. I could see how a Jedi, or a Sith could wield such a weapon. I smiled as I would read on about this weapon. Trying to figure out how to use, and make such a beast.

As I strode through the archives, putting a holocron back, I noticed a young man looking over multiple sources on lightsabers. My interest was piqued, and I approached.

"Which sort do you have in mind?"

This one was clearly going about making their first lightsaber. And here was a lady who both collected the weapons and had a good amount of experience with them.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom