Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teachings from the Beyond... (Jedi/Lightsiders)

[member="Alcuin"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Alys Raxis"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Kiber Thaxton"]

Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Anakin Skywalker. Legendary Jedi whom had visited the living at some point in time through the force. Walking back from the great beyond to teach, and mentor. though she'd fallen Vassara's spirit had slumbered for time among the cool soothing currents. Until she awoke, now omnipotent. She was one with the force, all seeing and all knowing. And she still had work to do in the galaxy.

Unfortunately a force ghost could not do much from the beyond, except communicate. To those that knew the secret, how to clear their minds and ascend into the meditative state of projection, they would be able to see her, commune with her, feel her.

At present she had seeded the minds of two old friends, sending the thought deep into their core from the beyond. If they were attuned and their minds still as a pond with not a stone nor wind gust to disturb it, they would feel the call. Feel where she was going to appear next.

A world she had once trained upon for a brief time, in an old enclave now crumbling and overrun with ruins. It was there she waited, in the tall grass, in the air, in the earth all about the place. The enclave of Dantooine...

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Who ya gonna call.

Alas. I suppose being dead wasn't all that funny. Danootine was in the heart of Primeval space and no short jog out from Voss. Leaving Karen the annoying habit of having to equip her new X-wing T-70/r with a masked transceiver and new plates. So whatever this apparition had to say? It had been be good. A thousand credits, good.

Roberts parked her vehicle underwater in the shallows, a good distance away, and made the journey to dry land on foot. Leaving her droid to tend to the ship and play with the fishes as intended. Karen was in no specific hurry to talk to this clamoring spirit. The restless form of what she could only perceive be to a very bold, (and very dead,) [member="Vassara Raxis"] . Which? Was a new thing for her. I mean, Blue sorta liked it when dead people stayed dead. Rest in Peace. Like it said on the headstone. Not, Rest and then disturb my Peace. No. That was not RIP. That was RATDMP. Very different.

And yes. Usually when you get an invitation to Prime space in the form of a dead person's handwriting? It's obviously a trap. So Karen did not arrive to the Danootine Enclave in a very happy mood. Rather, she dressed in her magnificent Kylo Ren outfit and came expecting an ambush. Wet boots and all.

"Hello hello. ...Wakey wakey spirits, eggs and bacon."

She mused at the cold stone walls with a dry hrumph. Entering the Great Hall of the enclave without so much as a smile. Her groaning face already well hidden behind her silver mask.

"Oh spirit. Dear spirit. Knock knock knock. Is anybody home?"

Now. Just where would this ambush start from, hmm.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

As Karen approached she would feel the force thick with energy. It was indeed her long gone student surrounding her and making her presence known. As she penetrated the masters heart and mind reading her deepest thoughts, Karen would be able to perceive her. A suddenly ghostly blue form of energy fading into view just the slightest. She'd she her cocked head, and wry grin. The same fire flashing behind those old eyes.

"Master Roberts, come to fight the air I suppose?" She chuckled sending ripples through the force.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Well. Bugger me.

Her silver mask cocked sideways in both surprise and excitement. It really was the old gal herself. [member="Vassara Raxis"] . In the flesh. ...So to speak. Mm. Well. Perhaps this wasn't a Prime ambush after all?

"Adept Raxis. Good heavens. You're certainly a sight for sore eyes. ...But why on earth are you stalking about this place?"

She let her eyes give the hall another once over and finally placed her hidden lightsaber back on her belt. Relenting that perhaps there was to be no fighting here after all.

"Good grief little sister. Did you find the afterlife to be so uncomfortable in it's heavenly arrangements that you must return to our galaxy to haunt an old school house? ...My. Rather a disappointing vacation, if I might be so bold."

Half humor. Half truth. Just what was the spirit form of such an adventurous youth doing here? Karen could only frown and speculate wildly. Not one for ghost stories herself. Naturally. So rather than wait, Karen removed her exotic helm and placed it under her arm. She would look upon this spirit with her own two eyes. Awaiting answers and perhaps, the uncommon story of her death, as well. Eager to learn once and for all.

Just what was going on?

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Vassara smirked, ignoring her thoughts about how she had died. That would come later, for now she had other things to set in motion. Great things.

"I am a part of the Force, and I came back specifically to teach, much like Masters Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan once did. I have seen them as well. Most of us old Masters all agree,"

She waved her ghostly arms about the place.

"This Enclave is a central powerful location. Steeped in light and tradition, but allowed to fall into darkness and desecrated by the Witches and agents of evil. This is a location that's easier for me to manifest myself. If you can repair it, we can teach here."

Yes here. the force was very strong but dulled by curses and hexes and all manner of darkness. The duality was off the balance corrupted.

What was it with the dreams recently? First the dreams and pulls to Tatooine with the Sun Temple, now Dantooine. It actually hadn't been too difficult to locate, what with the hints of a Jedi center along with the fields and plains. Two moons - rather than two suns - and early stone-age natives. There were a great many Jedi centers seeded among the stars, but those that were known were simple enough to cross-reference with the features he'd seen.

Despite the decline of the Primeval, the trip had strong potential for danger. Audren spent much of the time traveling watching the scopes and peering forward through the Force. Even in hyperspace, his gift with Precognition could be useful. Even if it was a split second's warning, it was a warning, and he could react that much quicker. His fighter was heavily armed and armored, though he was still learning how to utilize those features to his benefit.

The Knight would have preferred to land in the hills, preferably finding a cave or protected hollow where it would be difficult to find the fighter. That wasn't to be however, as the Enclave - where he felt he needed to be - was on one of the other continents. Instead he'd chosen to ease the fighter into a grouping of trees maybe an hour's travel from the ruins. A difficult landing to perform without giving away the telltale signs, but he'd managed. Barely. Leaving fast would be very blatant, and leaving subtly would be very slow. Might be worthwhile though.

Given the territory, the Sephi had chosen to wear the ExCon suit set to match the general fields around him. Despite the dangerous space around, he didn't think it was a trap. Just his normal weapons were carried: lightsaber, vibroblade, and handgun. As he closed with the place, he heard a voice echoing around, one he thought he recognized. Despite that he closed slowly. His lightsaber hilt was clutched unlit in his right hand, while the vibroblade was held in a reverse grip by his left. Once within eyesight however, he relaxed. The voice was one he recognized, that of Master Karen Roberts. Limited dealings but memorable enough. It seemed she was just talking though, he couldn't hear any responses or see anyone else in the area. Then again, he wasn't really focused on the Force at the moment either.

"Come all this way to talk to yourself, Master Roberts?"

[member="Vassara Raxis"] | [member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Well I..."

Oh. Karen turned her unmasked face to note the arrival of another. [member="Audren Sykes"] . A Silver, if she remembered that face correctly. Interesting. Karen could already tell it was going to be a busy day.

"Ah welcome Master Jedi. You'll pardon my introductions but it does appear we have company."

She motioned to [member="Vassara Raxis"] in the hopes that Audren would make the connection.

"...Well. If by company we can assume that Lady Raxis has no more surprises for us, yes?"

Roberts returned her attention to the spirit. Figuring that Audren would catch up easily enough. Or, believe that she was just talking to herself again. Which ever.

"And just does what do you mean by 'teach here' Vassara? ...Surely you're not considering sticking around this mortal plane for very much longer? Are there really no parties on the other side of the Force worth visiting? No Gods in heaven who pulls you towards their kingdom's walls? Must you linger like a sickness. Restless in my dreams. It's so... unsettling. Ugh."

Spirit or no. For good or for evil. Roberts was unconvinced of Vassara's newest ambition. To linger like a Sith Spirit in an old Jedi Tomb was unhealthy. Even for the dead. No. Especially for the dead.

"And who in mynock's seventh hell is old masters Qui-gon and Obi-wan?"

Oh right. And, Karen didn't read much history from before 400 ABY either. Which made this whole matter all the more unsettling to her.

[member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Karen Roberts"]

Now she rolled her eyes. Hopefully Audren Could see her. It wasn't hard as her presence was almost blasting in the force. The Enclave was such a cleansing place, a light place.

"Exactly What I said Karren, Teach! Yes! Even from the beyond my work is not done. Balance must be brought to the force. And Masters Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan? good grief girl, did you even read the Datacron you gave me? It appears the student has become the master!"

Ever humorous she burst into laughter, her ghostly form nearly collapsing as she ridiculed her former Master. The ghostly tears came next and at long last she gained control of herself, and stood up straight hands on her hips, wry grin on her face.

"There is no heaven girl, just the force. You of all people should know this!"

And then she sat, crossing both legs and propping her head upon a fist.

"To cleanse this place I suspect a good meditation session should help. I cannot directly interfere, only guide you."

"Ah welcome Master Jedi. You'll pardon my introductions but it does appear we have company."

Audren was confused at that and showed it with a raised eyebrow. However, he obligingly gave a look in the direction Roberts had indicated. Shockingly, there was something there. He blinked and shook his head slightly, focusing and accessing the Force. Abruptly the image swam into focus: Vassara Raxis. A version of her at least. Fully present in the Force, though a ghostly apparition in person. He'd heard a little about this phenomenon, the Force Ghost. Though it was typically relegated to those who were dead...oh. He hadn't heard that Vassara had died. That was unfortunate.

Of course, in the meantime Karen kept on talking to the ghost. Something about teaching. Much to the Sephi's surprise, Vassara responded. He could kind of hear her, kind of 'sense' her speech. It definitely had an element of the Force in it. And that was definitely Vassara, both the laugh and the way she spoke. Most of what she said seemed to carry the elements of an inside joke, lost on him. The last part, however, was plain enough. Meditate to cleanse the location. Apparently that needed to be done so that the apparition could teach? The spacer-Jedi had always carried a surprise up her sleeve - sometimes both - so the younger Knight would be more than willing to learn from her. Even if it was her ghost.

Without another word, Audren shifted to a flat spot devoid of any rubble to sit. Sharp rocks on the backside tended to distract after all. He watched the women even as he reached out to the Force further. He'd attempted to cleanse his lightsaber's focusing crystal with only minor success, but he'd also never learned any specific techniques designed around cleansing. If there was something specific, he would alter his typical meditation practices to follow suit, otherwise he was ready to begin whenever instructed.

[member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Audren Sykes"]

Vassara chuckled again as Audren entered and began his meditation. Her eyes cast a sidelong look to Karren and she levitated several feet above the floor. she crossed her legs, sitting in an absurd position in the air. The young Knights Meditations were proving refreshing for her. She felt the lightside pulse ever stronger, expanding against the occult energies and profane desecration of the Enclave.

"See, Knight Sykes get's it."

Her voice would be clearer to Audren as he connected more potent and virile with the force than Karren was at the moment.

"Clear your mind, expand your senses. You should be able to feel the pall of ancient magic’s and nasty filth on this place. If you can envision it there is a current that runs through the force. The Light side, made of silver and blue and everything nice!"

Vassara chuckled maniacally again, much crazier in her ghost form.

"An ancient technique of the Jal'shey and the basis of Imbuing was to seize the currents and weave their energy into dense patterns. I think if you two were to weave the energy into a singular entity and push out from here....."

She paused letting the micro lesson set in.

"This place could return to the light."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen was about to reply when she noted [member="Audren Sykes"] had just sat down to meditate. Oh, good heavens. He wasn't even questioning it. Good manners be damned. This was no child's toy. This was a haunting, blast it all. Then [member="Vassara Raxis"] simply skipped her turn and dived right in. Ahh. The nerve of this spirit. No shame at all.

"Blast it all. Vassara dear, I'm sorry, but the answer is unquestionably no. ...No."

She pursed her lips and shook her head. She would have no part in this heresy. The place for the dead was in the afterlife. Not, roaming about in Padawan's minds or teaching the methods of a simple Force Push to Apprentices. The dead have a duty in the next life as well. Or did this... this... Obi-wan forget that too. Ugh. This was getting ridiculous. No foundation at all.

"...I've been to the afterlife Raxis. I lit the candles along the valley of sorrows and saw Teferi Effret manifest with the Light against the Shadows of a new God. I watched The Dagger shatter in the reflection of the Well and have ministered with dead Master's beyond shadows alike. Indeed. I brought my husband back from that plane of existence and have sent more than one Sith Spirit packing back there too. Which... Must be more than this Obi-wan character ever did. ...So, no. I'll not have any part of a dead spirit's lost ambitions. Ambivalent or otherwise. I know my place. And it is very very far from the minds of mere trespassers, such as yourself."

Karen gathered up her silver helm curtly and waved the spirit away. Raxis was just lucky Robert's didn't care to banish her like some lingering Sith Lord. A simple severance spell was all it would take to purge Vassara from ever manifesting amongst these stones again.

Yet.

For all Karen's bluster she could not deny that Raxis might indeed still have a duty among the living. Just because the teachings of Tython's Grandmaster Teferi Effert did not approve of her presence did not mean that Karen should destroy all hope. No. ...She would let Vassara have her way. Stay. Teach. Maybe then she would find her peace and pass on. Maybe that could be an end to all things.

"Hmph. I've spoken enough across this thin veil. And I'll not respond to another invitation. Do as you will."

Roberts mounted her helm and turned to [member="Audren Sykes"] ,

"She's all yours."

And then she showed herself out.

The description that Vassara gave was fairly accurate. He didn't perceive the Force in the same way, with shadows and a colored current, but it was close enough. The stains were definitely there, left behind by cables of unwholesome Force power. In all honesty, the ghost's laughing was distracting; he'd never heard her come close to laughing like she did now

"An ancient technique of the Jal'shey and the basis of Imbuing was to seize the currents and weave their energy into dense patterns. I think if you two were to weave the energy into a singular entity and push out from here....."

Knowledge, something useful. And couched in terms he could understand, to a degree. Only instead of currents for him it was cables or threads. He couldn't see the harm in combining that with Roberts' efforts, not when embedded firmly in the Light side of the Force. It would be better if Vassara joined as well as the rumor stated that it was exponential growth rather than simple multiples, but if she couldn't interfere then they'd have to make do.

"Blast it all. Vassara dear, I'm sorry, but the answer is unquestionably no. ...No."

That was a surprise. Thoughts of meditation forgotten, the Sephi watched in some confusion as Roberts began talking. The words she said were ones he understood, but not the combinations used, or the nuances they contained. Candles in the Valley of Sorrows, Teferi Effret, a Dagger shattering in the reflection of a Well, and people coming back from the plane of existence. Emotion ran hot in the blue-haired female, and yet there was a reluctance there as well. She gathered a silver helmet and made her way out, a passing comment of "she's all yours" directed at him as she did. He could only assume the "she" referred to was Vassara.

Once Roberts was gone, his gaze returned to the ghost.

"What was that all about?"

[member="Audren Sykes"]

Vassara stretched and stood, coming to sit before Audren and shrugging.

"Oh I suspect it has something to do with the Netherworld event. Where people were sucked away. I was sucked away, to the Blood Wastes, terrible place really. Anyhow."

She motioned to Audren.

"I can feel it lifting somewhat. Focus Audren, let's return these halls to the fold of the Jedi. I've come from the beyond to teach young Jedi, and I cannot teach with the force nexus here choked by darkness."

"Oh I suspect it has something to do with the Netherworld event. Where people were sucked away. I was sucked away, to the Blood Wastes, terrible place really. Anyhow."

It was simultaneously an answer and not. Clearly he was expected to know about the situation by name, which he didn't really. Oh, he'd heard the name before, but if it had happened when he was alive he'd not heard the details. However, he also suspected that whatever the event had been, whatever had happened, it had very little to do with the here and now. Such was one of the benefits of the past being the past - he could go back and examine it later.

"I can feel it lifting somewhat. Focus Audren, let's return these halls to the fold of the Jedi. I've come from the beyond to teach young Jedi, and I cannot teach with the force nexus here choked by darkness."

He almost wanted to ask how she manifested here if she couldn't teach as it was. The only thing he could think of was that she'd be able to demonstrate what she was talking about, but if she could demonstrate why could she not clear the area? The logic didn't carry over for him. Then again, she was a ghost, and ghosts had their own rules. Haunt what you know, rattle some chains, break some dishes. Probably some others too. He could ask later, if he remembered. In any case, purging the remnants of the darkness from the area could only be a good thing, unless it attracted undue attention.

Dropping back into meditation, the younger Knight once again pictured the area through the Force. The cables that made up his connection to the Force spread throughout the room under his control. Some of the dark side was thin and weak, cobwebs to be burned out at the lightest touch. Others were made up of dense weaves that strove to push back the light. These he kept tabs on, clearing the cobwebs before focusing on the heavier fabrics. One of the weaves was something he'd never faced before; rather than repulse the Light, it started to...well, the best he could describe it was eat it. Cutting off one thread and coming in from a different angle had no effect, but attacking from multiple angles while the curse was distracted seemed to work. Spears of Light-side energy pierced the curse's weave then separated, literally tearing it apart.

This was just one room though. The Enclave wasn't enormous, not even as large as a Massassi temple, but it would take time to clear each room individually.

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom