Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea and Conversation

[SIZE=12pt]Arla was taking a little R&R from the world of war. She wore none of the trappings that would identify her as a Mandalorian. She looked like any other woman sitting having a cup of tea and some sickening sweet pastry.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A message had come across asking if she would meet with a Republic soldier. She had been meeting with a few lately what was one more. She answered that if they didn’t mind tea to join her at, The Conniving Coffer and they could talk about whatever it is was needed to be discussed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She took another sip of her tea lightly touched the edge of the cup, one thing about being away from home it did give you time to think on life, and what was needed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Where had she gone wrong in all of this? She didn’t know, and worse she wasn’t sure that she wanted to dwell too long on it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Kal'n Drasco"][/SIZE]

It had taken some time but Kal'n was finally able to get someone to agree to meet him. Someone that wasn't a Jedi that is, and who reportedly had extensive knowledge of combat. This meeting was only the first step, he was hoping it would evolve into something more. Something that he could use in the years to come and would help him become less one dimensional as a Jedi, as a combatant and ultimately as a person. Still, meeting at a The Conniving Coffer was not what he had in mind.

Kal'n decided to show up to the meeting dressed as regular person, that is to say that he put away the classic browns and whites of the Jedi and picked up some rather casual clothing, though it was complete with a black vest where he could hide the two lightsabers he owned in the small of the back. It wouldn't be comfortable if he he came crashing down on them, but they would be decently hidden from a visual inspection.

With his hands in his pockets h walked the majority of the way to Th Conniving Coffer, he knew that the women he was supposed to meet was a rather tall human red head. He spotted [member="Arla Balor"] without too much trouble and approached where she was sitting, nursing her tea. "Hey, I'm Kal'n. You're Arla right?" He would ask with a smile, extending a hand as he introduced himself.

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[SIZE=12pt]Arla looked up, “I’m Arla Su’cuy Kal’n please sit.” She reached out and took his hand, it was a firm shake. Good. She shifted her chair slightly to give him the room needed to pull the chair and be comfortable. “Do you care for something?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She was being polite and considerate. She knew that some of the Republic soldiers were seeking her out for a bit of training. She did not mind. She found it flattering that they thought her so accomplished to share such knowledge.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There was something about him a bit different, “Are you one of the soldiers?” her accent hit almost made the l and d sound like one letter. She was trying to get better at speaking basic with them.[/SIZE]

[member="Arla Balor"]

Kal'n didn't need to be told twice. He slid into the chair across from Arla and waved off her question with an upraised hand. "No. I ate already and I'm no thirsty." Making himself comfortable he made a mental note of Arla, the women was definitely a warrior of some time or another.

"No. I'm not." He said as he made himself comfortable. He wasn't sure exactly what she had and hadn't been told, but he was of the mind-set that honesty was generally the best policy. So, he reached behind him and pulled out one of his two lightsabers, and set it on the table in front of him. That action alone would likely speak louder than any words could. He continued like nothing happened. "Name Drasco; Kal'n Drasco."

"I hear that you are among the best warriors out there, that you are the one to talk to when it comes to learning some Soldiering skills." He crossed his arms across his back and gave her a smile, he was training to be a Jedi Sentinel and he needed to do better at blending in, he needed to unlearn some of what had been groomed into him. Perhaps some of this training, if he received it, would help.

[SIZE=12pt]Arla nodded and took a long sip of her tea, she wasn’t one of the best she had been lucky and survived. Though she had her share of skill.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]He had not taken the offer of food or drink not uncommon since as he explained he had just eaten. She nodded and set the cup onto the table before them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“the kind of fighting that I do is not, fair fighting Kal’n . It’s about taking out your enemy with whatever is on hand. Is that the type of skill you want to learn?” She tried not to laugh he was smiling. He seemed quite proud of himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If that was the kind of fighting he wanted she’d teach him. She did not know he was Jetii if she did she would be surprised.[/SIZE]

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[member="Arla Balor"]

Kal'n would place his lightsaber back in its holster behind him.

"That's exactly the type of fighting I need to learn." He clarified. "Hand to hand, blasters... whatever." He said cutting the air with his hand as if making a point. "The lightsaber is just one of many tools that I want to have at my disposal. I know some hand to hand, but I'd like to learn more. I know which end of a blaster to fire, but I don't know much else."

"If you are willing to teach; I am willing to learn."

He wondered what exactly she would teach him, and he wondered how he could modify it with the Force. If he could make it better, more efficient? He was't sure, but he was eager to get started.

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[SIZE=12pt]She now saw the lightsaber how had it escaped her sight. She drew a breath long and deep, so the Jetii wanted to learn how to fight dirty.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“There is a ring within the military training camp, I will show you there” She figured it wasn’t a secret she would show him in the open where others could see.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You don’t have any problem hitting a woman do you?” She knew some did and hesitated, others realized they needed to and followed through, so where did Kal’n stand on that.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom