Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taurek S-A-S Fighter Carrier WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helicarrier-AvengersBTS.png

Image Source: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Affiliation: Galactic Republic Military
Manufacturer: Republic Defense Force, Project Taurek
Model: Taurek S-A-S Fighter Carrier Mk I
Modularity: Various Fighter compliments are easy mods, engines and weapons are more difficult, but possible.
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Alusteel, Glasteel
Classification: Frigate (Fighter Transport)

Length: 400 m
Width: 275 m
Height: 160 m

Armament:
-Defensive: 10
-Offensive: 0

Hangar: 4 Squadrons of Aerial Superiority/Ground Support Fighters and 2 Large Dropships or 2 Squadrons of Space Superiority/Fleet Support Fighters

Special Features:
-Ray Shielding
-Particle Shielding
-4x Vertical Lift Atmospheric Oscilators
-2x Multi-directional Ionic Thrusters
-GTALS (Gravitic Take-off and Landing System)
-10x Anti-missile Octet
-10 internal reloads each
-10x Anti-fighter Laser Quad-Cannon

Maneuverability Rating:
-Space: 13
-Air: 16
-Sea: 16
Speed Rating:
-Space: 7
-Air: 11
-Sea: 11
Hyperdrive Class: 3

Strengths:
-Strong Defense: The S-A-S Fighter Carrier has a strong missile and fighter defense
-Multiplicity: The S-A-S Fighter Carrier is designed to be easily shifted between types of fighters it supports

Weaknesses:
-No Inherent Offense: The S-A-S Fighter Carrier has no inherent offensive weaponry
-Either/Or: The S-A-S Fighter Carrier can either carry Aerial/Ground support fighter or Space/Fleet support fighters, no mix between the two is possible.

Description: The scope of Project Taurek is to support ground operations by devising and producing materiel designed specifically for operations within a planets atmosphere, as opposed to the majority of galactic militaries specialization on Naval Warfare. The Taurek S-A-S Fighter Carrier marks the only venture of Project Taurek that is designed to be a space worthy vessel.

The S-A-S Fighter Carrier was initially conceived as a purely aerial and sea based fighter platform with capability to deliver a minor force to the ground as well. The issue then arose of how to ferry such a large vehicle between planetary systems. As was, there were no ships designed to carry a frigate sized vessel, let alone multiple of them. It was then decided that making the S-A-S Fighter Carrier be able to transition between Sea Air and Space, equipping it with its own hyper engines and allowing it to maneuver as part of a space going fleet was the best course of action. This allowed for the removal of the maneuvering jets that had been planned to allow for safe docking with space going vessels, which was then utilized in the application of hyper engine and nav computer.

When configured for Aerial Superiority and Ground Support, the S-A-S Fighter Carrier carries 4 squadrons of 18 atmospheric fighters and 2 large dropships designed to ferry either two fully loaded Taurek IFV Mk Is or a full line company of infantry. When configured for Space Superiority and Fleet Operations, the vessels carry only 2 squadrons of 12 modern space fighters. The reason for the massive disproportion between Aerial and Space superiority is the way the forces are projected. When the vessel is in atmosphere, the atmospheric fighters are elevated to one of two top decks to take off from. The elevators can handle a squadron each, allowing for either two full squadrons to take off simultaneously or for one squadron to take off on the lower deck and one of the dropships to take off from the top deck. The dropships can only take off from the top deck or through the recovery ports. When the vessel is configured for space combat, the top decks cannot be used, relegating both take off and recovery to take place using the recovery ports.

Development Thread: As needed
Intent: To create a platform for direct ground support operations
Who Can Use This: Galactic Republic Military, at the discretion of the Supreme Commander
Primary Source:
-Size/Aerial/Ground Support Squadron Count
-Missile Defense
-Fighter Defense

This looks like a solid submission. I can really see it being used as a location setting for dominions and other threads as well, besides being an effective carrier.

For atmospheric fighters, I'm assuming something like airspeeders?

That's something we don't actually have a lot of, though. I might suggest coming up with an airspeeder/atmospheric fighter design and submitting it before you submit this carrier. Then, when you submit this carrier, you can reference that design in this submission in order to make sure there aren't any ambiguities that the judges will worried be abused.

I think the judges might ask for a reduction in space speed, but I'm not a hundred percent sure on that.

[member="Samuel Quentin"]

[member="Gir Quee"]

I am thinking up the aerial fighters, I plan to submit them first, as you said.

The speed I am willing to change, those were all eyeball guesses.

I'm thinking of basing the aerial fighters off of modern day ones, with a star wars feel to them. One of their weaknesses will be that they are not space worthy, as they are meant to provide a niche role rather than be an omni-fighter.

I just haven't gotten to putting together that sub yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom