Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tatooine Sand

Akodya Mune

A
Sand, sand, and more sand.

Akodya's cringe was hidden by the shadow her hood cast over her face, the head covering protecting the young Jedi's face from the two sun's cruel rays. The heat pelted down on her back as she strode through the endless lines of stalls that offered barely munitioning items a ridiculous prices. Sand blew in the air and stuck to her bare hands and a little bit on her face, irritating her skin. The noise of the crowds going about their own business was over powering, it was hard to place a face to one individual voice. Her hazel eyes flickered discreetly over the signs of the buildings in search of one place in particular; Gov's cantina.

The padawan had been sent to this outer rim planet to investigate a small time gang armoring up with very military exclusive weapons. Although that was her primary goal, she had hoped to receive a bit of information on the bounty hunters that had kidnapped Senator Ruu, a good friend of hers. With her lightsaber shrouded with her white sand clothing, Akodya disliked the disguise she was urged to wear. In attempt to 'blend in' she had been forced into the typical female moister farmers robes. Even if it was common dress, she felt she stuck out like a sore thumb.

Politely refusing some sort of food a stall owner had thrust into her face, the girl offered a polite smile before spotting the building she was to investigate. She had been told it was a bar the gang had frequently visited. Also, where a better place to listen for bounties in a cantina?

Upon entering the structure and escaping the hot temperatures, a strong smell of alcohol hit her like a wave.

Well, at least there was less sand in here.

Eeli looked over her shoulder from the bar as a young woman came in, her contact had arrived. A few days ago Eeli received word from the temple to go and meet fellow padawan @[member="Akodya Mune"] and deliver some information, and, if needed, assistance. As the padawan walked in it became clear why Eeli was dispatched personally, rather than delivering the information in holoform. 'A nice disguise' Eeli thought to herself. The moisture farmer came and sat at the bar, with her ears perked and ready to eavesdrop. Wearing a sleeveless top, Eeli enjoyed the mix of warmth and cold breeze thanks to the air conditioning and shear heat of Tatooine. Her red hair gently lifting and falling in the passing air. She flashed a smile at the moisture farmer, finished her drink, and walked straight past the fellow padawan, touching her shoulder as she did. With this minor touch Eeli attempted to send an image of the temple to the fellow padawan, in the hopes of surreptitiously letting her know she was friendly.

Eeli stepped out of the cantina and crossed the street to an out-door refreshment area. From there she would watch the cantina's exit patiently, waiting for when an appropriate amount of time had passed for her contact to leave.

Akodya Mune

A
As soon as the woman brushed past images of the temple, of home, flooded into the girl's mind. It seems she had found her contact. Akodya didn't turn her head to look at the fellow padawan, but instead strode further into the cantina and sat herself next to a heavily armored man at the bar table and ordered herself a drink of water. She was careful to make it look like she was here for a genuine purpose. It would be suspicious if she just walked straight back out of the building upon entering. As the cool liquid slipped down her throat Akodya had to resist the urge to sigh with relief. The young woman had never handled heat well. Taking another slow sip, she decided to linger in the cantina for a bit before hunting down the Jedi. She needed to make her visit look as natural as possible.

Taking advantage of the building's air conditioning, Akodya pulled off her hood at let her long dark hair free for a moment. Craning her head discreetly she tried to focus her attention on a conversation taking place near the back of the building. You never know what kind of info you may stumble upon in the Outer Rim.

@[member="Eeli Surik"] @[member="Regor Laxvan"]

Soliael stood within the sands of Tatooine, his beige cloak fluttering in the wind as tiny granules of sand stuck themselves between the plates of his armor and clothes. He frowned slightly, reached up to his face and scratching the stubble on his face. He had been within the deserts for almost three weeks now, traveling and searching for Krayt Dragons. It had been difficult, and unfortunately he had come up completely empty. Apparently Krayt Dragons had become rather rare over the last two centuries, and finding one had proven more difficult than he had expected.

Now he stood on the outskirts of what could be considered a small town, he watched it closely weary of interacting with the tribesmen of this backwater world. He frowned suddenly, feeling his bag weight against his back. He was almost out of food and water, he had no choice but to enter the town. Slowly Soliael wandered through the remaining desert, finally stepping on somewhat solid ground as he walked into the city.

Quickly the Sith wandered into the center of town, the markets here were nothing but tables with a few scattered items on them. Soliael looked at the vendors, most of their faces were dirty and worn, just what one would expect on Tatooine.

Slowly he let out a sigh, and turned towards one of the larger buildings within the town. He guessed from the traffic going in and out of the door that the building was a bar. Exactly what Soliael needed. Most bar's in the outer rim sold both food and water, both things the Sith lord needed. With self assured confident footsteps Soliael walked through the entrance of the bar, a scowl on his face.

Akodya Mune

A
Akodya was bringing to grow impatient with the lack of useful information in the cantina. She could hear nothing over a group of twi'leks laughing away in huttese; a language Akodya only knew a few words of. She had not heard the name of the gang or anything on the where a outs of the senator leave the lips of anyone in the run down building. Finishing her glass of water she ordered a second as well as a bite to eat. She had been so focused on her mission she can't remember the last time she ate anything substantial. As she waited for her grub thoughts of home penetrated her mind once more. She drifted off to the training rooms and library, as well as her own room, something she hadn't seen in a while.

Her day dreams were soon broken by heavy footsteps entering the bar. A harsh shiver rushed down the padawan's spine, forcing her to be painfully aware of the figure that had arrived. Flicking a strand of her sleek hair Akodya peered over her shoulder, her hazel gaze locking on the young mans eyes. She sensed an aura of darkness around him, one hat steamed from rage and hate. She had only felt that kind of power once before...when she encountered a Sith. The scowl on his face and the way he held himself demanded attention from nearly everyone in the room. Akodya felt her own hands instinctively inch towards her hidden saber.

Things just got interesting.

Regor, looked at the figer who just entered, and than back at the woman sitting next to him* Do you know him? *he asked well Laing one hand on his blaster incase anything went wrong*
@[member="Akodya Mune"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Eeli Surik"]

'This has taken a turn for the worse' thought Eeli as she picked up on @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] 's presence. Eeli's passive Force Sense abilities almost gave her second-sight as she mentally tracked the Sith enter the cantina. 'And it just got worse...' cursed Eeli mentally, sensing @[member="Regor Laxvan"] tensing himself for a fight. 'It'll only be a matter of time before her cover is blown, and pulling out Lightsabers in such a public area would practically destroy the reason for being here... Think Eeli, how do we get her out of there without... without...' Eeli's train of thought broke as she saw two Gammoreans pushing and shoving one another on the way to the cantina, no doubt having left - or having been forced to leave - another establishment. Eeli quickly stood up, resolute in how to make a scene with as little intervention as possible. As the two large, rounded, beings ducked to enter the cantina and go down the steps she glided behind them, lifted her leg, and delivered a swift kick into the rear of the Gammorean in front of her. The pig-like being squealed and fell into his even larger companion. The tangle of slime and limbs crashed into the cantina and into several nearby tables, causing a ruckus. In a flash the cantina was filled with a maelstrom of emotion and upset minds. This gave @[member="Akodya Mune"] the perfect chance to slip out in the middle of the commotion.

Eeli waited outside the cantina ready to grab Padawan Mune, as the situation had developed to the point that direct intervention was required. Thankfully a stream of other patrons had already decided to leave the cantina immediately, so with any luck it won't look too suspicious if she waited a few moments for her fellow Jedi to appear.

Regor expecting a fight to break out any moment, grabbed his DC-17 and kept his finger on the trigger well moving out of the cantina, keeping a eye on @[member="Akodya Mune"]*
Once outside, he relaxed slightly, until he noticed @[member="Eeli Surik"]*

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

By the time the two pig-men entered the bar in their fighting moods Soliael already stood at the bar. There was a cup of water in front of him and a small piece of bread. Quietly the Sith Lord enjoyed his food, eating the meal in silence and without so much as a gaze towards the other patrons within the cantina. As the brawl broke out within the bar Soliael just kept on enjoying his meal. People seemed to avoid him, taking in his armor and realizing he was no one to be messed with.

Slowly the Sith Lord picked up his cup of water, bringing it to his lips. At the exact moment a man from the brawl was thrown halfway across the room. Within the blink of an eye Soliael seemed to move down the bar, moving so fast he almost seemed to have teleported. The man who had been sent flying crashed into where Soliael had been standing, breaking the bar in several places and smashing a few cups and plates.

The Sith Lord drank his water slowly, ignoring the commotion around him. This was why he hated these worlds, the smallest spark set off the rabble.

Suddenly a man rushed towards Soliael brandishing a chair leg as a weapon. Before he could even swing the make-shift club, Soliael moved again, grabbing the back of the mans head and smashing it against the solid rock counter top of the bar. A loud crunch was heard as the mans skull shattered into a dozen pieces. The Sith Lord frowned slightly, pulling away the now dead man from the bar. Then he picked up his glass, and continued to drink.

The bar was very interesting now. I had just started my job here bartending for the scum that came in here. I wore the simple uniform that was required here. Even so, I always carried my vibrosword with me. Here in this small town, it was allowed. There would be a few fights here and there, though most of them were started by two farmers that wanted land. I only shook my head as I watched the men fight, each for their bosses or friends. From the back I could see a man clearly dressed in armor enter the bar as though it were nothing, Ordering a drink I had given it to him and moved to finish cleaning the few cups or glasses that we had. I knew the man was a Force User when he walked in. Just the Aura around him suggested it.

Not a few seconds later it was proven by how fast he moved and what he did to the smucks face. As the man drank I grabbed a pitcher of water and walked over, As the man sat the glass down I filled it up for him again. "This happens all the time, Might as well give ya a drink on the house." Really I was paying for it. it came out of my earning, but only if I told my boss if I did so. Looking to the fat man he was clearly occupied with a skinny man that seemed to be winning that fight. Setting the pitcher down I looked back at the man with a glass of water, and not a care in the world, "Anything else you need, sir?"

Right now, I hated my job. I had to serve the scum of the galaxy that happened to pass by here, well I guess you get jobs like this when you are a IIB junior agent. Apparently there was a gang that needed to be taken down, and well, not all of it was oh so great.

Akodya Mune

A
"No." Akodya answered the man she was sitting next to. Stang, this was going to ruin everything. Why on earth was a Sith going here? maybe he was involved with the suddenly well armed thugs? She needed to get out, NOW. She just needed a distraction some kind in order to-

CRASH

Akodya's prayers had been answered. It seemed a pair of rowdy Gammorians had made there way into the cantina, roughing slamming into each other and them colliding with a table. The ruckus resulted in an uproar, people yelling at the pair for their disturbance. This was far to convenient. Discreetly turning to survey the door in which the 'trouble makers' had entered. Akodya caught sight of a flicker of red hair disappearing from sight. Inwardly smirking, Akodya rose from her seat while the bar had it's attention on the two pig like creatures who were now engaged in a all out brawl. Slipping her hood back over her ebony hair she weaved through the crowd of people towards the exit, the hot breeze growing more noticeable as she got closer to the opening.

The Sith's presence still played on the young padawan's mind, leaving a awful taste in her mouth. As the enraged yells and the sound of furniture hitting flesh grew louder and louder, She wondered how long it would before the young sith killed someone in there. It seemed like something someone of this rank would do. Sighing, Akodya looked around for the redheaded Jedi. She can't have gone far, maybe lingering around the front door of the establishment...

@[member="Regor Laxvan"] @[member="Eeli Surik"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Soliael looked at the bartender for a few seconds, not doing anything. The Cantina was likely getting destroyed, the owner of this establishment would likely be in quite a bit of trouble. He frowned slightly as he thought about what he could do. He was a Sith yes, and he enjoyed killing, but Soliael was not heartless. He realized that on these backwater worlds every day counted, and every credit even more so. The owner of this cantina would likely go under if this brawl continued any longer.

Slowly the Sith Lord let out a sigh, and then placed his water back onto the table in front of him. For a split second he closed his eyes, concentrating and letting the force flow through him. Then his left eye snapped open.

Blood spilled from the bottom of his eyes, and a line traced its way down his face. A net of the darkside immediately cast itself around the bar, any force user would be able to sense it. Every weak willed man and woman within the bar immediately fell under some sort of spell. The fighting stopped and the patrons simply seemed to stop in their tracks, as if they had been completely dumbfounded.

“Sit.” Soliael said in a simple one word command. Every single one of the patrons sat down where they stood, either in chairs or on the floor. Soliael reached for his cup of water and took another sip. “Thank you.”

He simply said and then turned away from the bar. With deliberate footsteps Soliael maneuvered through the crowd of sitting patrons, taking careful measure not to step on any of them. He left them there, simply sitting like idiots. The spell would wear off in a few hours, but until then they would remain there, frozen in place like statues.

The Padawan-come-moisture-farmer appeared hastily at the exit of the Cantina as Eeli began walking away, allowing her signature red hair to act a beacon to follow. Padawan Mune picked up on the trail and followed a quiet distance behind until Eeli turned into an alley and gave a few taps on the door entrance key, leaving the door open as she did. Shortly after @[member="Akodya Mune"] walked in promptly, the door closing automatically behind her.

"A rather unique greeting, but a greeting nonetheless" said Eeli smiling. "I'm Padawan Eeli Surik, it's nice to meet you". Akodya introduced herself suggesting that Eeli already knew the bare essentials from her file back at the temple. A moment later the room temperature adjusted, accommodating the two people in the room; both of which seemed relieved. "Please, let's sit down, I have a few messages for you", said Eeli as both Padawans came down from the initial burst of adrenaline. "I'll start with the gang then move onto Senator Ruu -" Eeli paused as Akodya tensed up "-don't worry, the two have much in common, but it'll end up making more sense if I start with the cause of all this". Eeli reached forward and took a sip from a cold glass she poured herself whilst waiting for Akodya to arrive. Sounding refreshed, Eeli began:

"First of all, this 'small gang' is regrettably a ruse. New information suggests it's a cartel that has been forming small splinter gangs to act as fronts, so that they can purchase these high-grade weapons without generating a focused amount of attention. The problem with this is that it requires a significant amount of planning, intelligence, and, as always, credits. We only managed to get this much information thanks to a failure on their end. A few agents from the special operations service infiltrated the group and gathered this information, unfortunately the cost of that was that they were nearly immediately exposed. So our data is limited, but at least it's a start" voiced Eeli. "The worst element to all of this is that whilst there was personelle failure on their end, it was still a splinter group. So we have no real idea on who is pulling the strings, but, there is some good news on that front..." Eeli tailed off slightly, a little uneasy about sharing the next piece of information. She took a deep breath:

"As hard as it is to believe, the main reason our agents were discovered was because they were caught by their imperial counter-parts. In discovering each other our respective agents created a bit of mayhem in meeting one another, blowing their cover". Eeli takes another breath, "the good news is - this means that the Sith aren't our enemies in this. Whatever is going on has them uneasy as well, and, if you ask me, I reckon they've got some serious stakes in the matter, to which I'll elborate now. The kidnapping of your friend, Senator Ruu, is due to the Senator's stance on weapons trading. It's likely that in the Senators campaigning Ruu developed some enemies. For all we know the senator even had sensitive information on them, and was waiting for the right time to expose them. Either way, this cartel decided Ruu was a big enough threat and hired bounty hunters to collect him. If we trace the bounty hunters, we'll have a lead on the cartel, and, in turn, a path to Ruu. Now, for the final twist in the story: that Sith that entered the cantina, he's about to receive a message that one of the Imperial senators has also been kidnapped, and that he is to track him down. He'll also receive information about who the bounty hunters were and where they are. The problem is, shortly after cracking that information our communications were severed. Leaving us with one option left..." said Eeli, trailing off. What Eeli was suggesting was definitely unique, but it did provide the most direct path to solving this issue and finding Senator Ruu whilst exposing the cartel.

"If we go back to the bar and find that Sith, we can make a proposition. I suggest we form a temporary alliance and solve the dispute together. Our objectives align perfectly and he has information we need, and we know what information he is about to receive - just not the exact details that are needed to fill in the blanks. I suggest we approach him and let him think that we know the content of the message. If he decides to talk to his higher-ups it'll be a done deal. For diplomatic relations both of our respective governments will sanction this somewhat fatal alliance. It'll foster co-operation and solve everyone's problems in one fell swoop". Eeli sat back and let the stream of information sink in.

Apparently the man was good. Too damn good. Even with his force powers he commanded all the people fighting to sit down. I tried so hard to fight against the man's wish and only could barely keep myself up by pressing my hands on the counter to keep me up. Veins popped in my arms as I tried so hard to stand. The man simply said thank you and began to leave. Now this was something different about him. I just couldn't get the memory of his left eye tearing up with blood, out of my mind. I grabbed my book bag and hurled it over my shoulders and started to walk out as well.

"What the hell? How did you do that?" As I was following him I looked around to see my boss staring at the chair that was on its side infront of him. As much as his body stayed still, his eyes were still full of anger? maybe? I could care less, I was fired now, and had to do something else to try and get to even see this gang. Apparently this man could be my key into there. Maybe if I asked please he could just tell them to stop and let me handcuff the leader and waltz out like nothing? But I kind of doubted it.

Regor waited outside the cantina, hearing the fighting sudden stop he assumed he knew who put an end to it, he decided to wait seeing watt would come of it*.
@[member="Akodya Mune"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Eeli Surik"]

Soliael looked back at the boy that followed him, clearly uninterested in his words or actions. Following Soliael for too long would lead to death, either by his hand or the deserts. It wouldn't be too long before Soliael walked back into the sands of Tatooine. Krayt Dragons were rare and illusive, but he would find one eventually. They tended to hang around Darkside nexus' so perhaps if he created one it would appear. The thought rolled through his mind as he stepped out of the bar and back into the sunny day.

He kept on ignoring the young man, hoping that he would leave. His eyes scanned the crowd of vendors again, not noticing the two Jedi who stood in place within the town. He was looking for a vendor to sell him food, he would need it in the coming days.

Soliael of course was completely unaware of the Jedi's Mission. He was also unaware that apparently an Imperial Contact was about to deliver a mission report to another Sith, one that he had just killed inside the bar. Soliael of course was not in anyway affiliated with the Sith Empire, though due to his appearance and his general attitude it was easy to see him as a Sith, though that didn't necessarily mean he associated with the Empire.

So when a man dressed in drab brown clothing stepped up to him and handed him a satchel without another word a slight look of confusion crossed Soliaels face. He said nothing for a few moments, instead looking at the small messenger bag with puzzlement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom