Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target-Rich Environment (IC)

tumblr_nl86nlhkWX1rsagu3o1_1280.jpg

OOC: Another one of those on-going threads. Feel free to break off into your own conversation, but just to help set up characters in the LAA. Blind Jump is the bar on campus, and the social and downtown hub of activity.

Sure, the uniform was… terrible but well, it united the whole Academy, didn’t it? Even here, in the Blind Jump, Token Waters wore her jacket of her uniform, but left it open and covering her black dress. She preferred to dress down, and while Blind Jump wasn’t a Corellian or Coruscanti club, it was just how Token chose to dress typically. Though the girl wasn’t in heels, she’d probably break more than two ankles if she was in heels. She stepped away from the bar with a drink and looked through the crowd. Some people wore uniforms from other nations in the galaxy, others were in a nearly corporate uniform.

The nice thing was everyone was dancing, chatting and drinking together, and no fights had broken out yet. It’d been a few weeks since she’d shown up, and really, she was excited that this place existed. It was fun to listen to the way everyone else saw space, and learning the best ways to go about things. Plus there were the missions! She had gotten to work with some interesting classmates, one that stood out was [member="Alec Rekali"], the woman who could spend years aboard a starship.

Years!

And of course so many other people. Walking up to a free pool table and sitting her drink on the edge, she grabbed one of the cues and idly wondered just why it was called pool. She knew there were sharks, and while part of her training for her position with Bright Star Entertainment was how to play most bar games, she really wasn’t a shark, but she enjoyed playing. And she knew that the men enjoyed women who played. Really, she was playing because her writer was sick of writing Coren, and Darts was less of a social game.

Luckily, Blind Jump wasn’t as smoke filled as most establishments. Moving to set up the balls, she looked around the bar. Being part of the Levantine Astro Academy was really something, wasn’t it?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Token Waters"]

Alec could spend years in this mug of lum.

Years!

"I'm absolutely failing Intro to Diplomacy."

The barkeep nodded sympathetically, washing a glass.

"Tale as old as time, I know," said Alec, resting her forehead on her palm. "It can't be the easiest course to do well in, but me, I'm failing hard."

Sympathetic nod.

"Like, I can talk to people, y'know? And I can get the job done when the job is ship's resupply or recruitin' new crew or getting the local bosses to let me use a refit yard. Even screwed my way into ownership of a crime lord's cruiser once -- for a real good cause, now. Had two hundred fifty souls and no ship to get'em home. But all this academical diplomancy -- I can't wrap my head around it."

OOC: Just gonna slide on in here...

[member="Alec Rekali"] [member="Token Waters"]

Sam was one of the newer Cadets in the Academy, having shown up one day in lightly armored earth tone clothing that bespoke less of the academic lifestyle and more of the school of hard knocks. His pair of pistols added a more pointed touch to that thought. Now he was dressed in the Academy Uniform, which seemed to fit him well, if a bit awkwardly for the normally comfortably dressed Sam Turain. His pair of pistols, hanging in holsters from a belt that complemented the uniform, were present on his hips still. A throw back to his old style

Alec Rekali said:
"Like, I can talk to people, y'know? And I can get the job done when the job is ship's resupply or recruitin' new crew or getting the local bosses to let me use a refit yard. Even screwed my way into ownership of a crime lord's cruiser once -- for a real good cause, now. Had two hundred fifty souls and no ship to get'em home. But all this academical diplomancy -- I can't wrap my head around it."

Sam raised his drink to his lips as he listened. He glanced at the bar and mimed an order for another bottle before turning back to Alec.

"It just seems to me that you're trying to hard." He replied. "When you resupplied your ship, recruited crew or owned that crime lord, were you trying to force it to happen or did you act like you and let the cards fall where they may? Study the material for the tests, but in the practicals do it your way...that's my opinion." Sam took the final swig off his old bottle, then switched it out for the one the bartender placed next to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom