Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taming My Wild Side - Anija's Force Training [Ember Rekali]

[member="Ember Rekali"]
She followed quietly behind him, dropping heavily into the seat next to his with a sigh. "That.. .could have ended a lot worse." She chuckled a bit. "At least it's not too far off from home though. Which... is both good and.. interesting. Makes me wonder why it's stashed there, of all places..." She pulled the datapad from her belt pouch and flipped it end for end in her hand a few times. "So... since we didn't exactly win these credits fairly... what do you suggest I do with them? I wouldn't feel right keeping them..."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Anija Ordo"]

"There's been more than a few times in my career when I've found myself with a cash influx I couldn't keep for reasons of conscience," said Ember. "Generally I ended up giving the money to charity. And not the Larraq For Mand'alor campaign, either. War orphans on Junction or Toprawa." He shrugged. "I've got the transfer line still, if you want to use it to drop the credits out of my account and just give me the cash. No need to carry all that around."

They decelerated from hyperspace and found themselves in deep space, not far from Manda'yaim. A single sensor contact popped up, and the shuttle zeroed in on a light-frigate-sized star yacht shaped like a vertical blade. "Derelict," he said quietly. "Sitting here for nine hundred years. They say the Katana fleet was basically inoperable after thirty years of sitting around. There's no power or functionality in this beautiful old wreck. Sensors say there's a few battle droids in there, but nothing we can't handle. Oh, and he's done us the favor of pressurizing the ship and wiring a battery into the airlock controls."

The vessels docked, and he fastened his helmet seals. Lightsabre in hand, h headed for the airlock.

"Shall we?"

[member="Ember Rekali"]
Anija was silent for a long moment as she considered his words. Then she nodded, chuckling slightly as a thought occurred to her. "And some people think Mandos have no conscience.." She sighed softly. "War Orphans on Junction sounds like an excellent place to put this money. I just don't feel right keeping it when it was earned through dishonesty." She passed him the pile of cred ships as well as the datapad before sitting back and just staring out at the mottled sky and becoming lost in it for a while.

She was jolted back to the present a while later as the reversion alarm sounded, and the stars snapped back into existence. When Ember spoke, her gaze tracked to where he was pointing and she swore softly. "That ship.... it's... our legacy. I only hope we can do it justice..." she replied softly as she hefted her helmet. The gentle bump told her the shuttle had docked. Slipping her helmet back on, she checked her rippers and headed to the airlock. "Let's give those droids a welcome of our own... I could use some target practice anyways..."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Anija Ordo"]

The airlock hissed open, and the next few minutes condensed down to block, reflect, block, reflect. His sky-blue blade kept blasterfire at bay, mostly; a bolt here or there slammed into his armor, but the beskar held. Firm step by firm step, one every ten seconds or so, he pressed ahead to clear the airlock corridor and gain some ground. Casualties mounted one tin can at a time. The droids, apparently controlled by something smarter, withdrew to regroup out of sight, and that gave Ember and Anija a little room to work.

"Now it gets all urban-warfare on us," he said. "Unless they're gathering for a last stand or ambush." Clipping his lightsabre to his belt, he brought up his twin double-barrelled Brotherguard blaster pistols. "Shall we?"

[member="Ember Rekali"]
She nodded and behind her visor, she was grinning. Her own armor was marked here and there with new dents and carbon scoring, but she felt it was well worth it. This ship. It was part of Mandalorian history, their heritage. And she would do everything she could to see that it got back into the proper hands. She checked the clip in her rippers. two rounds each. She had spares in her belt pouch. "Let's clear this place of the rest of those clankers. And slag whatever else is controlling them.." With that, she moved forward down the corridor, using the scattered crates and other objects as cover as they advanced towards their goal.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Anija Ordo"]
OOC/ Sorry, I totally forgot you replied, lol.
IC/ This was where the differences came into play, between a born-and-bred Mando and a Witch who'd only adopted Mandotude a handful of years ago. Anija definitely had the edge on cover, on gunplay, on small-squad dynamics. Ember was a solo sort of man, but he did his best to keep up with her level of competence as they swept the derelict, deck by deck. The ship had a lot of decks, tall and thin as it was. Only when the last of the blastersmoke cleared and the last droid fell did Ember allow himself to pause. "I'm getting too old for this," he said at last, pondering the bridge of the Coronet. He flopped into the ancient chair at the center of the thing, holstering his Brotherguard heavy blasters. "But this here's a ship we might find useful. If the refit goes well, I aim to train all my students aboard her, as well as on Yavin Four. Thank the Force I've got the working capital. I aim to make this ship something special.

"Thanks for all your help, Anija. I mean it. I'll make sure you get your fair share of whatever comes our way, and if you stick around I'm positive we can get you where you need to go."

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Anija smiled at that, and leaned against a nearby console as she released the seals on her helmet with a hiss of air, lifting it off a second later. "Definitely beats anything I could be doing at home right now..." she replied with a chuckle. "I have to say, I never would have pictured myself helping to recover such a ship. It was efinitely an experience..." She ran a hand through her touseled dark hair. "As to where I need to go... besides my shuttle being on Dathomir... I didn't really have a destination in mind when I came to find you. I'd made up my mind to find you, and stay as long as it took to learn what I needed... and what you felt I needed to know.." She shrugged, never very good at such explanations. "The Coronet would make an excellent training ground. There ay not be an abundace of open space to train, but it will be excellent for training in piloting, close quarters combat... and for teaching control when using weapons.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom