Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Flight

Another rookie mistake. She knew she'd hear from Strask on that once they were safe. At least while they were working he wouldn't bother her about it. She dashed through the streets, clutching the dataspike tightly in her fist. She had to get out of here, back to base. Another two streets would get her to the spaceport. After that, she just needed to get to the ship...

No. They'll be watching that.

The AI's warning jarred her away from the turn, and she ducked the other way. She'd need some other way off world, then. Some way to get back home without being tracked. They couldn't know who she worked for. They couldn't know who needed the plans. She'd need some sort of ship, maybe a pilot. "Send this message to control: Delayed. Finding other passage. Will report in when on safe ground." The AI chirped.

Done. Turn left!

She followed, turning face-first into what looked like the worst dive on Shaddaa. She slowed down as she approached, passing under the sign reading The Winking Womp-Rat as she entered. There weren't too many people here, and most weren't the type she needed. She wouldn't have much time. They'd be here for her soon, and she didn't want that fight if she could avoid it. Slowly, as if to not appear rushed, she sat at the bar. "Corellian whiskey on the rocks." As she waited, she hazarded another glance around. Another mistake. She looked nervous, skittish. That drew attention. Tucking the dataspike away into her coat, she leaned down onto the bar. Where could she find a pilot...

[member="Andorreth Vikar"]

Of all the backwater worlds now to be on I'd landed to take the Rogue's Slavation out of galactic attention for a bit. I'd been hanging out in a pub called The Winking Womprat by the bar as a young woman had rushed in. She appeared to be out of breath and after ordering a Corellian whiskey on the rocks I looked her over for a brief moment. She was also looking around like her head was on a swivel...someone after her most likely. Looking at the bartender I said "I'll have a dirty red-headed slut." Sliding payment to the bartender I looked towards the young woman and decided to speak with her while I waited for my drink. " 'scuse me Miss but it seems you're looking like you're in a spot of trouble. Don't suppose you can calm down for a few seconds so you're not so darned conspicuous and tell me what the problem is. Could be I can help you out...."

Just then the bartender brought my drink back. "One dirty red-headed slut." Taking a sip I looked towards the young woman and said "How bout we start out with names. Mine is Andorreth Vikar, Captain of The Rogue's Salvation. And what should I call you Miss?"

[member="Natasha Darkstar"]

As the man approached, Nat put her head down, staring at the bar. The optical implant scanned for any sort of imperfection on the counter. A habit. Her shoulders tensed as the man spoke. She could feel the reprimand before the AI voiced it. For a moment, she was a teenager again, and nowhere was safe as she tried to run. Shaking her head, she turned to the man. "You're awfully friendly with someone you've never met." Her voice was tense. She'd messed up, and it was getting to her. Black locks tossed back and forth as she shook her head. "I guess I don't have many options." The bartender brought her the drink as she looked at him, cybernetic eyes scanning his face.

"My name's Mara. I'm a runaway slave who's trying to get away from my master." She sighed. It sounded like she believed her own words, rehearsed as they may have been. "I've got a friend, my older brother. He's waiting for me on Sanctuary." Turning back to the bar, she took a sip. Maybe it would calm her nerves when it finished burning down her throat. There was a sigh, her tired eyes looking into the glass. "He can pay you when we get there. I can't wait long."

Smiling I said "What can I say? I'm a friendly kinda guy, in any case I'm not a fan of slavery in any form even if it is legal so take a few minutes to enjoy your drink and we'll head back to my ship. In any case if you were being chased so closely then odds are they'll be popping in here momentarily at which point yours truly will cut the muscles and tendons then we stroll right out." I had to say though I was curious about what Mara had stashed in her jacket. I'd learned years ago how to spot someone stashing things and pickpocketing too. Kinda one of the skills that I'd practiced on Triple Zero.

"What EXACTLY are they chasing you for? I mean the whole slave thing makes sense but I saw you stash something in your coat. I make it a point to know EXACTLY what I'm taking on with aiding others. If the people chasing you want you dead versus just returned as a slave then best to tell me now and be honest than to try and mislead me. I'll provide aid equal to whatever or whoever comes against you in exchange for utter honesty."

"I..." She began, a look of genuine worry flashing across her face. You can't blow cover. The AI's words rang out in her head. Part of her wondered if she'd end up Schizophrenic from it in the end. She stared down at her drink. So he'd seen that. Well, that was a problem. She started to glance over her shoulder. "My brother works for some group. I don't know who. Said they could only help me if I got them something." the woman shook her head. "I just wish that I didn't have to do it." She gave out a sigh. "But it's not like anyone can do thing just because it's the right thing to do."

Are you okay, Nat? That was surprisingly genuine. The AI asked, his voice seeming, for once, to express genuine concern. She ignored it. Easier to do her half of the work this way.

Playing the victim. Easy to do when you've been one most of your life.

As she went to take another drink, there was a commotion at the door. The bouncer, a Nikto who seemed to have taken blaster bolts to the face in the past based on the burns and scars he bore, took a fist to the center of his face as he tried to remove the blaster pistol from the lead thug's hand. Three men, one Twi'lek and two humans, started walking through the place, one of them aiming their blaster at the back of Nat's head. "Now, little Mara, the Boss says it's time for you to go." The woman, visibly shaking, looked quickly to the man next to her, before turning around, hands raised.

Taking in what this girl Mara had told me I looked over as the thugs came into the bar. Upon seeing Mara they came over and decided to start speaking to Mara in a threatening manner. Sighing I waited as they closed the distance and finally seeing Mara start shaking and giving me a look that said help me I mouthed the words get down to her. As she hit the deck I began moving, drawing Serenity from my left hip in a flashing blue slash across two of their bellies. Then I drew a scattergun from the underneath the right side of my duster and blasted him, the force of the short range stun pellets hit him full force and threw him across the room.

Downing the rest of my drink in one swig I re-sheathed my blade on my left hip, looked at Mara and said "Time to go now I think, I suggest we get to the docking bays as soon as possible though..." And with that we were off, still cradling my scattergun in both arms as we ran...

There was something strange as [member="Andorreth Vikar"] turned to fire. In a motion that had to be practiced, she ducked the blaster barrel, the Twi'lek's attention focused on the man next to her. Part of her hoped they weren't paying too much attention to her. But she didn't have a choice. Glancing up from her hurried crouch on the floor, she saw the sword flash twice, saw their leader turn towards him, pistol raised, saw his companions clutch their guts in pain and shock, trying to hold themselves together as they collapsed. The last man gave a gruesome smile as he aimed, only to see the scattergun aimed at his chest. His eyes went wide, fear filling his face before the man pulled the trigger.

The noise of the shotgun blast filled the room, thundering in her ears, and leaving them ringing. She could feel bile rising in her throat. Death was new to her, even after how long she'd worked as His assistant. It took her a moment to regain her composure. She could barely hear over the ringing in her ears. She stared into the face of the dying man. He didn't seem to see her, his eyes glazed over. He was whispering for someone. A lover? A child?

NAT! MOVE! The words reverberated in her skull, and she staggered forward, trying to get back on her feet as her savior moved forward. He had killed so easily. So simple, to take a life...

She would follow him to the starport, or wherever he chose to lead. Her mind was reeling. She needed to focus.

I saw the shock across Mara's face as she saw what I'd done. Sighing I felt slightly better that the guy that'd been blasted across the room would live albeit with a massive headache the next morning. Grabbing Mara's hand I dragged her through the bar door out into the darkened streets. "For what it's worth Mara the two guys who met my blade they weren't planning on taking you alive. The mods on their weaposn were designed to reduced you to a pile of meat. Even if that wasn't the case their blades were coated in a poison meant to knock you out with no memory. They could've done a lot worse had they been able to cut you even with a scratch, whoever wants you didn't mind you being killed or letting his men have fun with you."

Glancing down a darkened alley that was dimly lit I motioned for her to follow me closely as I re-locked the scattegun against my leg right outer thigh plate. Drawing my modified DC-15s blaster pistol I switched it to stun mode and turned a corner only to see another unidentified man drawing on me. Pushing Mara back against the wall flat with my right arm I rounded the corner and shot him with a stun bolt. Looking at Mara I said "He's stunned and from here on out I'll be using stun bolts. My ship isn't far but we should stick to cover on the way to the spaceport." Whoever had sent the men after Mara wanted whatever she had on her and they wanted it bad enough to kill for. What was it about me and my savior complex having to save damsels in distress?

They're enemies. Don't worry about them. She shook her head, as if she was trying to shake the AI out. They don't matter focus on the mission. The image of the dying man lept unbidden to her mind. As she struggled to force it down, to forget his lea for some loved one he would never see again, another voice split through her mind. The smuggler's words scattered the image, and she was glad for it. He was explaining what she knew, what she should have remembered. They were out for blood. If the secret she hid in her coat fell into the wrong hands, it could be a massive problem for some criminals in a far-off sector. Which, of course, was exactly why she needed it.

"Right. Sorry." she staggered forward, glancing down the alley. A figure, male, armed. She was about to react when an arm came out, forcing her into the wall. She gave a startled shriek, the high-pitched note dying in her throat as soon as it came out. Another rookie mistake. She should be better than this. She glanced at the man, now in an unconscious heap. Funny, how similar a stunned man could look to a dead one.

Focus. Have to get to the spaceport. Have to get this to control.

"How much farther top the spaceport? I don't know how much more I can take."

Looking at Mara I responded to her question. "Not much further love, we'll get you aboard and have a nice glass of whatever you want to drink and a hot meal to boot. Don't you worry none Mara, we're nearly there. Do me a favor though and stay behind me hmmm? You may be excellent at whatever you do, however I'm the the one with armor that can stand up to lightsabers." With that I grabbed her hand and placed it on my belt. Then I began moving, holstering my pistol and drawing my highly modified blaster rifle I flicked it to stun settings and began moving quickly through the streets towards the hangar. Hopefully we wouldn't need to fight through a mob to get aboard....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom