Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tainted New Blood

As commanded, Maerae rose. She did not understand why Strosius took offense to her kneeling, but knew better than to question it. A Sith's command was law, even if it was contradictory to what she had learned from other masters. But, as always, Maerae began to understand as the Sith Knight explained his reasoning. He was no Lord, not yet, and had no use for prostrations.

What he needed was service. Action, not empty promises. Maerae was better suited to such things anyhow: words were often empty. She preferred to prove herself without needing any.

"I would not presume to call myself your Apprentice," she knew far better than that, "but I know I can serve the Order far better under your command than I can from the academies."

But even so, she still coveted it. All Acolytes did. But hoping and wishing for such things was pointless, and it was a waste of Maerae's time. Darth Strosius was generous enough to grant her the chance anyhow, and he had made it clear that he desired proof of competence, not blind subservience. Competence came naturally to her, though few outside of Strosius had noticed. In time, Strosius would see her worth.

The title of "Apprentice" would be hers. But she had to be patient.

"I know of Korriban, yes," Maerae answered, "though I have never set foot on it, not with it being on the opposite end of the galaxy from Sith space. It was my understanding that the world was... occupied by those unworthy of it."

Something about Jedi Crusaders? Maerae couldn't recall any specifics, and only knew that the Sith currently weren't in possession of it. A terrible thing, really.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"That you can." Alisteri didn't bother mincing words or pretending as if the academies viewed their Acolytes as anything more than fodder for the upper echelons of the Sith. The vast majority of the academy-trained Sith would die on the frontlines without ever having the chance to prove themselves worthy of more than an Acolyte, he had almost shared in that fate many times. But that was why he did these training missions at all, to uplift simple Acolytes into the eyes of Lords and Knights so that they may be more useful than warm bodies.

Having an Acolyte swear her service to him was unexpected but he wouldn't deny that it did fascinate and fill him with plenty of ideas. Ideas that would improve the order overall and see it dragged into a glorious future. Whether the ruling Sith wanted it or not.

He couldn't help but scoff at her response on Korriban, at least she knew of the sacred world at all. "Unworthy is an understatement. The Jedi of the Ashlan Crusade have occupied the ancient worlds of the Sith since the fall of the Sith Empire. Now though they have fractured and fallen themselves, leaving the path open for reclamation."

He would have preferred the reclamation efforts to be led by true Sith rather than the Kainites and their 'Dark Lord' but it was of no matter. With any luck the Kainites wouldn't have their claws on the holy worlds for long. "As we speak a fleet gathers to liberate Korriban and return it to Sith rule once more. I am departing now to gather some forces of my own to assist in that effort." He paused in his stride just long enough to look back at the Acolyte.

"If you wish to prove yourself worthy of the title Apprentice, then there is no task more fitting than aiding in the reclamation of Korriban. Follow me if you truly crave to see the Sith brought a step closer to glory Acolyte Verdan. We have history to make." His shuttle flew over the buildings of the city and came to land a short distance before him, the loading ramp extended and waiting for its master to arrive.

Maerae Verdan Maerae Verdan

Ah, she'd been right with her vague guess of "Jedi Crusaders." It occurred to her that their occupation of the planet was probably seen less as "unworthy" and more as "downright heretical." Truth be told, the philosophy and religious differences between the two groups held little of her interest. She had never been much of a zealot; she believed far more in what the Order could do for a lawless galaxy than she did their secular beliefs.

Even so, the idea of the Jedi violating their most holy world... it angered even her. The idea of practitioners of the Light desecrating a world dedicated to the Dark Side was violating.

Darth Strosius stepped past her, as he offered her a chance to prove her worth: by helping him reclaim Korriban from the Ashlan Crusaders. Even if she hadn't been clamoring for recognition, the idea of being part of an invasion that would go down in the history books was too great a chance to pass up. How many other Acolyes or even Apprentices would be able to say that they reclaimed Korriban from a foreign, Jedi threat?

"Already you give me a challenge, and an incredible chance to aid our Order. No true Sith would turn down such an offer."

Really, Strosius could send her on a garbage assignment back to Nar Shaddaa, and she'd still accept it without complaint. But Korriban? That was as close to a gift as the Sith would ever offer her.

It was an easy choice, then, to follow on the Sith Knight's heel toward his waiting shuttle.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri hadn't doubted that she would reject his offer, no Acolyte that had gotten this far would throw away a chance at earning their place by a master's side after all. "Indeed, they would not." He wasted no more time in boarding the shuttle with the Acolyte on his heels, idly knocking on the wall of the shuttle as they finished ascending the ramp to signal for the pilot to take off once more.

The masked man sat in one of the many available seats that lined the interior of the shuttle as the ramp pulled back into the vessel before it lifted off from the ground. It was just the pair of them for now, the pilot and cockpit separated from the seating compartment by a narrow door. "Get comfortable, we'll reconvene with my forces in the Faldos system before moving to Korriban. The Kainites will arrive there first but I've no qualms about letting them dull the occupiers before we make our landings. Better them than us."

Then it occurred to him that the Acolyte may not even fully know what he was speaking of, the more...delicate matters of factionalism within the Sith Order still a rather touchy subject even with the relatively recent peace between said factions. Did they even teach such things in the academies these days? He doubted it, they were likely all full of Eternalist propaganda.

That would be one of the first things he'd have to force his apprentice to relearn, be they Maerae or someone else. Scrubbing away the teachings of the Eternalists wouldn't be easy but he had faith in his ability to do so. One way or another. "We have much to discuss on our way to Korriban young one." He felt the familiar sensation of the shuttle beginning to enter hyperspace, idly sitting back in his seat with a sigh.

"Much to discuss indeed."

Maerae Verdan Maerae Verdan

Maerae took a seat across from the Sith Knight, and waited patiently as he ordered for their shuttle to take off. She still couldn't believe this was happening. A few days ago she was toiling away under the watch of some failed Sith Instructor, and now she had just finished an assignment, sworn her allegiance to a Darth, and was on her way to reclaim the holy world.

Later, she would have to decompress and process all that. For now, she listened as Strosius explained his intentions for them. But her brows furrowed as he named some other group that she wasn't familiar with.

""Kainites?" I... feel as though I've heard the term before," she explained, "but I cannot place it."

But it seemed she would get an explanation. They had a long trip ahead of them, and that meant ample time for Darth Strosius to begin to fill the gaps in her knowledge. Finally, she might learn something more than barbarism and cruelty. She had plenty of practice at the former—it was all she was good for really—and she didn't care much for the latter, as it was often counterproductive to accomplishing anything meaningful. Better to be swift and effective, than to waste time with sadism.

Apparently, Strosius had many things he wanted to discuss. Good, that meant she really would be getting what she wanted. There was only one thing left to do; one thing left to say as they started down a path new to the both of them:

"Then where do we begin?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom