Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Synthbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Intent: To create a new type of organo-synthetic material for use in future projects and for individual sale.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Tenloss
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Tenloss, controlled market sales.
Modularity: The size, shape, and weight of the material can be altered to suit the requirements needed.
Production: Mass
Material: Synthetic materials
Strengths:
  • Round Hole, Round Peg - Synthbone is designed to be molded, formed, and shaped into whatever size, shape, or weight is needed. Because of this, Synthbone is available in a multitude of variations, from the smallest, hollow-boned avians to the largest of creatures.
  • Weight of the World - Designed to be equivalent in strength as durasteel and about 5x stronger than normal bone, Synthbone is extremely strong and durable and is capable of the same stresses equivalent materials are placed under.
Weaknesses:
  • Ultimately Nothing Special - despite its strength and versatility when it comes to form, Synthbone is essentially just a stronger and artificially created version of biological bone material and functions in the same way.
Description:

Tenloss Synthbone is the newest of a long line of quality products designed by Tenloss researchers.

Synthbone, named such as it is a synthetic and artificial analogue of living bone tissue, is designed to fit any role that a bone can fulfill. The material can be molded, formed, and shaped to whatever size or dimensions needed, even meeting weight requirements through density adjustment. In addition, Synthbone was designed for strength and durability equivalent to durasteel, making it very strong and very tough for an artificial bone analog material. Outside of these parameters, Synthbone operates much as a normal bone would, which is in itself a downfall of the material.

Ultimately, Synthbone is simple, man-made bone material at the end of the day, despite its increased material strength and its ability to be crafted in nearly any shape or size.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Jorus Merrill"]
If I remember right, real bone is stronger than steel, though more prone to fracturing and fragmenting from sudden shock/impact. I've always seen durasteel as 5x stronger than regular steel, so if bone is roughly equivalent to steel and durasteel is 5x stronger than steel, then synthbone would be 5x stronger than bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom