Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Syn's Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
red+codpiece+syn.png
The codpiece shown with associated armored pants
Image Source: Las Vegas Magazine (cropped by me)

Intent: Fulfill a request from [member="Syn"] for a custom codpiece to go with his armored pants.

Development Thread: If required.

Manufacturer: Howlingfjord

Model: N/A

Affiliation: [member="Syn"]

Modularity: No.

Production: Unique

Material: Force-imbued natural leather, Elastex, Duraplast (cup), Kinetic Weave (armorweave underlay), Ferrocarbon (metal rings)

Classification: Multipurpose

Weight: 1 kg

Quality: 5 (cup, metal rings) / 2 (straps)

Special Features:
Light armor protection when you need it, where you need it most.

Strengths:
Kinetic weave provides equitable distribution of ballistic force across the area of impact, to help mitigate concussive or blunt force tissue damage.

Weaknesses:
Extremely limited area of protection.
No protection against lightsabers.
No protection against Force Telekinesis or other Force based attacks that may circumvent armor by assaulting the anatomy directly.

Description: Syn's Secret is a custom fitted and designed codpiece to accompany or be worn over armored clothing. As Syn is a Jedi known for going into battle without a shirt on, adequate pants protection is vital. To ensure the adequate level of protection that Syn needs, Syn's Secret uses Midvinter leather that has been cured and dyed using timeless Beorni leatherworking techniques predating the Valkyri civilization. Duraplast molding, carefully crafted to exacting specifications taken from Syn's own body, supply the form for the protective cup. A layer of kinetic weave provides both comfort and added security, by spreading the force of any impact in an even distribution across the area of the body protected by the garment. While designed for security and comfort, there are many limitations to this garment, such as no protection against lightsaber strikes, and no protection against Force-based abilities which may circumvent armor. Syn's Secret is designed to be worn either underneath or layered with additional garments, but in whatever manner it may be worn, Syn's Secret provides its protection over an extremely limited area of the body.

Primary Source: Syn's Armor Clothing

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Kiriko"]

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, there's nothing really wrong with the sub. On the other hand, your customer recently got a Factory ban for - among other things - subbing a force-powered thong. This sub's approval would send a message and set a precedent. And I can't help but see this as your customer using you to get stuff that he wouldn't be able to get approved.

Plenty of subs have been approved that include cup protection. If you're willing to expand the scope and coverage here, we can work with that. It's just that, whether the subs are made directly or through intermediaries, we're no longer willing to approve Syn's thongs.

Jorus Merrill said:
[member="Kiriko"]

If you're willing to expand the scope and coverage here, we can work with that.
First, thank you for your time in reviewing this.

Second, could you clarify what scope you're referring to here? Do you mean expand it beyond being unique, so that it is not restricted to just Syn's use? Or do you mean that it should be incorporated into a more inclusive armor, such as pants?

If it helps, this is the sub for a component. My understanding is that Syn will wear this piece with a pair of armor quality pants that have already been approved. I believe the idea was to achieve a look reminiscent of Cameo from 1986's "Word Up" music video.

[member="Kiriko"]

'Such as pants' is pretty much exactly what I was going for, yeah. If you could link to the pants in this sub, and toss in a picture of the overall look so it's not just a jockstrap slapping the reader in the face (evocative, no?) then I think we'll have pulled back from the brink to the collective satisfaction of the Factory.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I stand corrected, I just checked with my client and the pants are pending submission.

May I propose this as a possible way ahead?

1) Archive this submission.

2) When the pants are submitted, contingent upon their approval, I'll request this be un-archived and we'll proceed as you propose above. At that time as well, I can update the submission image with a screen shot of Cameo.

3) I turn down the next request for a tailor-made jock strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom