Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sword of Light (Lady Kay)

The Sekallien Runner plummeted down through the atmosphere of Commenor once again, a world of which Veiere had traveled frequently since [member="Lady Kay"]'s induction as Madame President of the trade world. Over the passing weeks, so much had happened for the two and so much had changed, and lead Veiere's perspective of things to mishape and change with the tide of galactic affairs. No longer strictly dedicated to the Jedi Order as he had been, he had moved to try to help re-establish some semblance of order and reform within the Galactic Republic and only been met with ignorance and excuses; thus like so many others, he had lost faith in the old Order that he had spent the entirety of his life living to serve, and now sought only to continue what he had been taught, and what he had taught to others, living through his own life and being of service to his good friend, Kay Larr.

The nature of this visit however differed from others, it came with a driven purpose in that now he had relinquished his former attitude towards training others outside of the Jedi Order, much to the aid of Theodred and his Silver Watch, now determined to help the Lady President in not only continuing to remain off the radar so to speak where her abilities were concerned, but also to empower them for when the inevitable time would come that Commenor was struck by invading forces. Certain that there would be others seeking to gain the leverage that Commenor held over the trade routes, and only encouraged by Kay's recent acquisition of her old lightsaber crystal, Veiere had decided that it was the right time to help her in creating a new lightsaber and too, learning how to use it appropriately, if not already skilled. Naturally he was coming prepared. Commenor had a wide range of alloys that moved in and out of the system and with the large number of parts that they would need to acquire her preferred materials for, and construct; Veiere's stay with no doubt this time be prolonged and a comfortable retreat from the foreground of his recent concerns.

"Cillian..." Veiere's voice came from across the vessels intercom systems, speaking to the pilot who had yet to meet the Lady that he had mentioned several times in their recent ventures, "Open a public channel through to the presidential estate and send it through to me once they've put it through to Kay". The younger male seated and strapped securely into the pilots seat, glanced up to the roof with a brief look of acknowledgement, albeit unnecessary, and soon followed the request to the letter. "Commenor Station Control, this is the 'Vegabond' requesting...", The lads voice faded out as Veiere shut off the link and moved through his personal quarters to take a seat at the communications hub on the port side. Reaching to key in his activation of his personal terminal, he opened the secure line and soon reached out to speak to Kay Larr, as soon as he was given the green light and knew that he would be being received by her personal comm-frequency.

"Kay, this is Veiere. Excuse the vessels identification tags, she's still awaiting official authorization on public record..." The name Vegabond had been one that he'd chosen, much suited to the lifestyle he seemed to have taken on. "We're about five clicks out, I'll set her down beside the Free Lady, if you don't mind".

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
She knew [member="Veiere Arenais"] would be coming back. He always came back. And although Kay would rather have her bodyguard with her at all times, she was never one to keep anyone away from what they needed to do. Veiere had been away from the events within the Galaxy for so long that he had lost his purpose within it. She knew that feeling rather well, having gone through it not once, but twice. So she knew that he needed time away to discover his path. It was unfortunate though, that things didn't go the way he had wanted.

Kay heard his voice on her commlink as she was going over some permits in her office. She picked it up and sent him a reply, "Vegabond, is it? How subtle. I'll inform security of your arrival. You'll have your clearance shortly. See you soon, Veiere."

Her eyes were drawn back to her datapad, looking to the permit for the construction of the Raxian Empire embassy just blocks away from the Presidential Palace. It could be the first of many. She signed her approval for it and sent it off to her staff to take care of. Surely there'll be a ceremony involved later for it's grand opening. But that wouldn't be for a couple of months.

Kay got up from her desk and headed out of her office. She planned on meeting Veiere outside as soon as he landed. Two of her guards followed a few paces behind. By now she was used to them, though she wasn't sure if they were used to her. As she stepped outside to the landing platform, she could see the Vegabond coming in to land and smiled.

Veiere chuckled softly across the open channel, "I'm not good at all with these sort of things...-Much less creative than you are, I'm afraid. See you soon" He grinned though she'd not see it as he then moved to close the frequency and move for the entrance to his quarters, his attire grayed in it's ware yet still very much the former semblance of his Jedi past. 'The Vegabond' was a rather long ship, more the look of a personal yacht than a freighter alike the Free Lady and the large rail-gun stationed upon the roof above him was really her only offensive aspect where as the rest of the vessel had been honed in it's speed, maneuverability and homeliness of it's occupants. The focus being on comfort rather than conflict, as was just the way he preferred things to be.

Cillian seemed to hear him approach the cockpit before the Jedi had even entered the front of the ship, the young human lad seeming to have grown accustomed to Veiere's presence far quicker than expected and thus raised some notice from the older of the two; in their experiences together, they had come to know each other well enough while still holding a sense of professionalism about them, Cillian knowing when to question things about Veiere's life and decisions, and when to keep quiet and leave him to his path.

"Good timing, we're going to be flying overhead of the Estate now..." Cillian spoke with an almost eager tone, never having seen the sights of Commenor himself, leaving Veiere to smile from behind the seat, remaining standing and placing a hand to the lads shoulder, "You'll like it I think" he said shortly, soon moving to take a seat in the co-pilots chair before their landing preparations would begin. Immediately after having left Alzoc III with so many years spent in isolation, flying had been horrid yet these days, while he still disliked it, it was becoming a much more frequent necessity much to his distaste. He was however slowly getting used to it.

While his young pilot was seemingly entrenched in awe over the look over the lavish grounds, the palace or mansion or whatever it was presumed to be, Veiere lowered his eyes to his hands sat merely in his lap, his thoughts distant so to avoid any possible nausea in the sudden drop through the turbulence that so often came with landing. It was a rather uneventful landing, gracious and well maintained; something that always meant well for Cillian. "Good job, kid..." Veiere nodded with a faint smile before standing from the co-pilots seat and moving to leave the cockpit, intent on disembarking and once more finding solid ground beneath his feet.

It was here that he found [member="Lady Kay"] walking out to meet him, generous as always in her welcome of his visits, he dipped his head in a half nod, almost formal in that he greeted her though the warmth in his tone betraying the would be stoic Jedi persona. "It's good to see you again, M'lady...-I trust you've been keeping out of trouble in my absence" he offered something of an almost teasing and cheeky grin, moving to stand at her side and turn to spare a glance back at his ship, more or less inviting her to comment, curious as to what she might make of the new asset of his.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled when [member="Veiere Arenais"] disembarked from his newly acquired vessel. She bowed her head to him in return and then smiled a little at his comment. "Good to see you too, my friend. And for the most part I have been keeping out of trouble. I've been bogged down with paperwork and permits. I swear that you all put me up to this just for that reason." She grinned. Maybe she was joking, maybe she wasn't. Or it could be both.

Regardless she switched the subject a bit. "That's a lovely ship that you have there. Did you pilot it yourself?" Of course she knew that he didn't. Veiere was uncomfortable with flying, so it came at a bit of a surprise that he would have gotten a ship of his own.

Kay led him inside of the Palace. "What about you? Have you been keeping out of trouble?"

He responded with something of a condescending smirk, speaking in lightly amused fashion and in jest of her blaming him in part for her new found pressures; "Now now, M'lady...-I did tell you my position around politics, it's a game made most difficult for those of pure intentions, sadly. You knew what you were getting yourself into" he chuckled softly, glancing passed her to look over the rather large estate at her back. "At least you can be thankful that you're not responsible for dozens of worlds, but only one whose alignment can change based upon what's good for the people. I've heard of others who did not have that sort of room to move with" he was suggesting those senators within the Galactic Alliance or the Galactic Republic, who's allegiances found them in more conflicts than was often good for their own represented systems. Commenor had the privilege of being out of the spotlight and therefore, internally focused, from his perspective.

"Mm..." He hummed in agreement, turning to look back towards 'The Vegabond' of which his pilot was assisting the maintainence crew in their study and preservation of the craft, refueling and the like. "That one over there, the young lad..." Veiere pointed to the human boy, he must've been just shy of twenty years old, Veiere hadn't actually asked as he'd been qualified and his attitude had been a rather like-able one. "Cillian Braedon...-Met him a little while after the Deneba incident" He of course was talking about the war, "He's cocky as hell but there's a soft spot there beneath it all; strikes me as a good kid so it seemed like the right play. He's been piloting me around since", Veiere bobbed his head to the right in slight resignation, "He gets paid and he gets to see the sights, it's worked out well for us both".

"As far as what I've been doing with myself..." His expression seemed to drop a little, becoming more serious and thoughtful as he turned back in to meet her gaze, "For a time, Master Grayson and myself were out looking to recover artifacts for the Jedi Order...-Yet with the Conclave in such decline; he felt that it would all inevitably be for naught and turned away. It was some time before I came to the same decision and now find myself in something of a dilemma...-My life has never been without the backing of the Jedi Order yet with it in such a state, choosing to follow would only lead to disgrace. I've had to walk away...".

He soon gestured towards the estate as if to suggest that they move in doors and away from the eyes and ears of others, walking and lowering his voice some as he explained his return, "There are some concerns of mine around your position here. I worry for your safety...-And I am no longer bound by the Orders decree. I would like to help you some more in enabling yourself to defend your life and those in need around you...".

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="Veiere Arenais"] spoke of the political game, if one could call it that. She knew of how he felt about such things. It takes a certain sort of person to get involved and not get eaten alive. She was surprised to have survived this long within it. But perhaps it was where she was intended to be.

As he showed her his pilot, Kay saw picked him out from the crew. Veiere was a good judge of character, from what she knew. So it came at no surprise that he would find himself a good pilot. She wondered what Terrac would think of the lad.

Kay met his gaze when he started talking seriously about the Jedi Order and the Conclave. She was there for the start of it and gave her support before taking her leave. Afterall, her place was not within the Order, so it was not in her or their best interest for her to help them with making decisions. But given how things fell apart, she half wondered if maybe she should have stayed.

And then Veiere seemed to want to go inside, so she walked with him to the Palace, making her way that would eventually take them to her office. "We both knew before I ran in the race, that doing so would paint a larger target on my back. Which is why I din't quite go anywhere off these grounds by myself." She smiled a little and bowed her head as he let her know that he would teach her more skills. It meant that he was going to stick around for a while and she always felt better in his company. It was an odd thing as she was usually so guarded around people. But she didn't feel the need to be that way around him. "Thank you. I know that I'm not the greatest when it comes to fighting. I was always kept safely away from the battlefield. Your help would be very much appreciated."

Veiere smiled and dipped his head in acknowledgement of her thanks as they walked the halls of the estate, others passing them by and most offering some sort of greeting to the [member="Lady Kay"], some even recognizing the former Jedi though not nearly as much. There wasn't often a time, he imagined, that Kay managed to get a moments peace to herself though as they rounded the corner and came into one of the living area's on the first floor, more or less a lobby for people awaiting an audience with someone of importance such as herself, Veiere reached into his robe and pulled a rather worn and well used Datapad, handing the device over to her once having set it to active and then speaking on the content of what would be shown on screen. "A list of parts, things that you will require to reconstruct another lightsaber. Something that you should keep on you at all times, even as one outside of the Jedi Order. The Force has a dismal sense of humor and often likes to put people like us out in situations that require these weapons the most..." He smiled, clearly speaking lightly of the situation in the end of his remark yet still offering her what was basically the layout and plans for the basic construction of a lightsabers interior design. "I can help you to learn many of the forms of combat taught by the Jedi Order as well as a great deal of the theory behind the Order, much of this will require time and space away from the public light however; assuming you plan to maintain that you're not a Force Sensitive".

"I was however, also going to ask something of a favor" He added after a moment, turning his eyes to glance about their surroundings not exactly admiring the elaborate make of the place they inhabited but rather sort something far more quaint and comfortable, more than that, humble and plain. "I do not think my journeys will be taking me very far anymore, my disdain with the remains of the Jedi Order has put me in a position of Exile once again and I have nothing to call my own outside of 'The Vegabond'. As you can imagine, the idea of living on a starship doesn't quite cut it for me...-Some place quiet and out of the way here on Commenor would be best..." He turned to glance back to her, observing her reaction thoughtfully and wondering how it would sit with Kay Larr, the idea of him living nearby. He didn't expect she would have issue with it though Veiere was not often one to settle down and the last time had been on Alzoc, which had made him something of a hermit during the years...

Kay-Larr

Kay took the datapad and looked over the components. There was plenty of them. She didn't build her old lightsaber. It was a gift from her late husband. And until recently she had thought that it was entirely destroyed. But Ghorua, the Herglic bounty hunter that had stolen it from her after he had captured her, had given her the light blue saber crystal as a gift upon her swearing in. She had saved his life on Bespin. It had kindled a respect and even a friendship amongst the two former enemies.

She smirked as he told her about the Force having a sense of humour when it came to thrusting Force sensitives into situations where they would need to protect themselves. Trouble always found her, attracted to her as though they were magnets. Maybe being Force sensitive was the reason why.

Her smiled broadened as [member="Veiere Arenais"] offered to teach her to defend herself, and she bowed her head. "Thank you. My late husband taught me a little, though that was a long time ago. And I had some practice in recent years, but I know that I could use a lot of help."

As he requested a favour, she listened. Kay knew all too well about living in ships and living in her offices. It was odd that right now she had her own bedroom, but it was still adjacent to her office, connected by a doorway. "I am sorry that you had found yourself to be an Exile once more. I know full well how it feels to not belong here nor there. And I know of plenty of quiet places on the outskirts of the city where you can live and enjoy tranquillity. Shall we go and pick one out for you?" Kay was determined to see to his needs first.

"It appears to be the way of the Galaxy in todays society, I fear..." he replied to her sympathy and concern for his new found position, his eyes looking ahead of where the two would walk on their way out of the estate, yet at the same time, his gaze somewhat distant and unfocused; "War is more frequent than I have ever seen it, the Jedi are no longer whole and no longer is that same commitment in place like it used to be. Many will try to take a stand for what they believe to be the right way yet they will be met with the different views and aggression of others like children fighting over a used toy. The sanctity of what it once meant to be of the Jedi Order is dead...The Dark Side has clouded our eyes and marred our path too much to see where we need to be moving". His tone was unusually dry, conflicted and yet he hadn't meant to be, he'd spoken and the words had just left him with no tact in how he spoke in front of her. Realizing this, he turned to glance to her, yet didn't have the mind to apologize for his lack of enthusiasm as it still remained to be the truth in his eyes, having known what once was and what now stood to overshadow the history of the Jedi Order. "Perhaps this is the path for me, the Force reminding me of my place in the Galaxy" he thought back to the Conclave and what he'd tried to do for those that still remained within the Republic trying to make sense of it all. "Self righteous, even in my age, to think that I might sway the others when they knew me not from a bar of eco-soap..." He chuckled quietly under his breath at the expense of himself, shaking his head slowly in resignation.

The quiet and peaceful nature of Commenor ought to do him some good, he thought, as they found themselves outside in the cool breeze, one of Kay Larr's people bringing around a speeder to park near to them, jumping out of the vehicle and leaving it for the two of them to use. He looked it over with a sense of apprehension though also knew the size of the city and imagined that they would be otherwise walking all day before they found something suitable. "After you, m'lady" he spoke in consideration for her, only moving to step up into the speeder after her, letting her drive the thing feeling that he'd be about as useful at piloting a speeder as he might a starfighter.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay listened to [member="Veiere Arenais"] and his findings of the fate of the Jedi Order. It was sad. She would have loved to have seen it thrive once more, with the Jedi regaining their position as peacekeepers. But for the present, that is just not meant to be. War is everywhere and constant. When one war ends, another is soon there to take up it's place. All that she ever wanted was peace, and on Commenor, she had hopes to maintain it.

And then he spoke of the Conclave again. That seemed to be something that would hang heavy on Veiere's mind and heart for a long time. "At least you tried. No one else had attempted such a meeting after Mantic had disappeared. But perhaps this is why he left. He could be in exile, devoting his time to the Force itself. We may never know. But now you know, for yourself, as to whether or not the Jedi Order could be restored. If you hadn't of sought out the answer, you'd still be plagued with whether or not it could." Her thoughts went back to Mantic and the look of anger that he had when he discovered that she was Force Sensitive. Her arrest was part of a downward spiral that she was trying to recover from.

And then they were at the speeder. Kay bowed her head in thanks to the valet and then climbed inside. She waited for Veiere to get in and get comfortable before she hit the accelerator. It took twenty minutes before they were out of Chasin City and heading towards one of the nearby mountains.

Kay steered off the road and went on her own course, the tall grass blowing below them until they disappeared into the tree line. A dirt road was soon upon them that went up the mountain. After another ten minutes, she slowed the speeder, letting it come to a stop right next to a dwelling. It was modest in size, had a fantastic view, and the surrounding nature made it all seem so peaceful. "I found this place a few weeks after I lost my seat in the Senate. I cleaned it up a bit, though not every room. I didn't have the time before I was whisked offworld. But maybe you'd like it for a while. Of course there are other places that I can show you. This is just the first. Care to go and explore?"

fc58e1.jpg

Veiere had remained quiet for much of the ride toward the mountainous ranges, his thoughts going unspoken in response to Kay Larr's suggested stance on the matter of the Order and Mantic Dorn's involvement within it. It seemed to be that every would-be follower of the old ways was in some way or another dissolved of their place among the Jedi, whether by the choosing of the Force or sentient intervention, either option had put Veiere on the outside, no longer even desiring a chance to look back in.

Solace, that was what this place offered, peace and isolation away from the eyes of others, [member="Lady Kay"] being the exception of course. "It is perfect" he said as he dismounted from the hovering craft, not needing to look inside to know that the location and the distance from the rest of society on Commoner was perfect for him. There looked to be plenty of space to remain in line with his training, something that he meant to continue if not only to ensure himself still able in his old age. "I will relay the Co-ordinates to Cillian" He added before turning to look back to Kay thoughtfully, "I can cover any expenses required of me".

The beauty of the world that they currently stood on was not lost to him, it was the brightest show of hope that he'd seen in quite some time and with nature so strong in presence, the flow of the force was equally as vibrant in what he saw and felt feeding off of their surroundings.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled. She was pleased with herself for having picked out the right location straight away. It freed up more of their day and spare time was never a bad thing to have, especially for her.

She shut off the speeder and got out approaching the side of [member="Veiere Arenais"] and looking out at the view. Chasin City seemed so small from up here. Kay much preferred to be out in nature herself, but her position didn't allow for much of it. Just one of the sacrifices that she had to make to help the Commenori.

"You're welcome to stay here as long as you want, and build or leave it as it is. It doesn't quite matter as it was abandoned." She continued to survey the land. "There are some governments that are building Embassies here on Commenor. It is my hope that more would do so, and if they can all co-exist peacefully here, then perhaps it can be shown as an example to the rest of the Galaxy that they don't need to go to war over petty things. Peace is possible."

Kay was the hopeful sort. Even though she knew that she couldn't end slavery, she could still help end that kind of life for some and give them freedom and the kind of life that they deserve. And she had hope that the Darkness and needless violence would soon decrease. It was already evident, given the decline in the power of the Sith. Despite her being here and winning the election, the Sith have not tried to confront the former Senator of the Republic.

Surrounded by the wilderness, Veiere listened to [member="Lady Kay"] while his eyes sought to take in the sight of the tree's that stood endlessly across the mountain, the manor itself more or less hidden among them and providing a good sense of security, a place that most would not find unless they were truly searching for it. A place that a relic of the old way could live out the remainder of his days in peace.

To see numerous governments co-existing in peace was a nice goal, ambitious though completely out of her hands, if such a thing were to happen, it would take something as grand and miraculous as the will of the Force to bring such people together, to let go of their past grudges and offenses unto one another. In the space of a couple years, Veiere had already been taken up into more battles, more wars than he had in the history of his time spent in the Order before his exile to Alzoc Three. With that experience and weight still upon his shoulders, his eyes fell to the earthen floor momentarily, brows furrowing as he realized just how pessimistic he had become.

"Thank you..." He said as he glanced back up, turning to face her and offering a wary yet genuine smile, "Perhaps filling the place and making something of it will give me something to busy myself with. It's been a long time since I last did anything of the sort but a bit of carpentry would do this place some justice". Pulling his datapad from the side of his belt, he tapped the screen of the hand held device twice before it flickered to life and he seemed to send out a brief message before extending his hand out to offer the thing to Kay, "Everything you need to gather for your lightsaber can be found here. You can either find the materials and shape the parts yourself or have someone else do it, though I would suggest that we fuse them together to see that it is constructed properly and does not fail you at a later time...".

Kay-Larr

[member="Veiere Arenais"] had such kind eyes, yet they were filled with sadness. And she knew most of the reasons why. She just wished that she could better help him. "There are plenty of trees here that you could work with. And there is also plenty of supplies in the city. I could help if you'd like..."

And then he had handed her the datapad. Kay looked it over, taking note of all of the different components. "I will see what I can find. I already have my crystal, as you know. If I have any troubles locating some of the materials, I'll at least know where to find you."

She smiled a little and took in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I hope that you like it here Veiere and that it brings you some peace." He had wanted to know more about the Galaxy, and now the Galaxy was coming to him. Hopefully he'd be able to handle it all. He was becoming her rock and she could use a friend that she could trust.

Veiere nodded, remaining quiet in response to [member="Lady Kay"] though not without offering something of an appreciative and brief smile before turning to look back towards the manor. He had given her all that she needed to acquire for the sake of constructing another lightsaber, soon they would not only finish the project together but so too take up sparring sessions, practicing their skills against one another in dueling obviously with a lesser frequency so to not injure one another. It was this sort of teaching that Veiere had felt encouraged about, once, stepping away from Alzoc Three. That he might gain a student of his own again, one that he would not fail unlike his apprentice back on Svivren; he had much to atone for and that guilt seemed to be more present than ever now in his return to isolate himself once more.

He did not quite know what was in store for him and Kay Larr was much older and more experienced than he'd ever expected to see from a student, the two were not Mentor and Apprentice but he was glad to be of some council to her, who had proven to be arguably the only trusted friend that he'd retained from the recent year. Was this really the beginning of his retirement however? Veiere wasn't certain he was ready to step away from the life but as it had turned out, the force had put him here for some reason greater than that he could fathom. He appreciated and respected Kay Larr, he liked Commoner, it's climate and general vibrancy of life on the world yet it still felt small in comparison to his former service. Once a scholar of the light, a philosopher and a teacher of the force now reduced to but an old man marred with doubts, questions and broken pride.

Stepping towards the manor, Veiere intended on gauging the inside of the place while overhead 'The Vegabond' could be heard closing in on the area, the young pilot setting the large vessel down in the clearing out behind the structure. Cillian was another of the men who had questions, though his were more reasonable in that now that they weren't surveying and perusing the galaxy, what would this mean for his line of work. Did Veiere intend for him to seek employment elsewhere or were they to stick together? Powering the freighter down, he leaned back in his seat and simply stared out of the cockpit to eye the building ahead. Everything was so green...

Kay-Larr

Kay handed [member="Veiere Arenais"] his datapad. She'd make a list of her own for the components needed a little later. In the meantime she watched as The Vegabond came in for a landing. Perhaps that and Veiere's silence was her cue to leave. "Well...I guess that I should be heading back now. I'll return when I have everything that I need. Take care, and May the Force be with you." She bowed her head and then got back into the speeder, turning it around on the narrow path and driving it back to Chasin City.

Over a week later, Kay made her way back to Veiere's new home on a speederbike this time. She knew how to ride one well. Many a times she would ride through the canyons by herself, testing out higher speeds which warranted fast reactions.

She dismounted from the speederbike and took off her helmet, bringing it to the door with her, as well as her satchel. She knocked on the door. The building looked better now that it was being lived in again. "Veiere? It's Kay. Are you home?"

Though it had only been a week since their last meeting, there had been a noticeable change to the exterior of the building that made it feel much more like a home when walking into the courtyard of the estate. Veiere's love for all things in nature had taking president over the rooms inside and he had spent much of his time since, in the outdoors, laying down the foundations for what would become the gardens to line the outskirts of the yard separating the residence from the treeline and the forest that covered the majority of the mountainside.

As far as the interior went, he had managed to clean out the rooms for the most part yet they still remained mostly bare with no furniture within them; including his own personal quarters of which for the time being had been replaced with the ones upon his ship that Cillian had taken off in for the day to seek the nearby settlement for supplies not only for the furnishing of the land but also the simple needs of the two and any that thought to visit.

The front door had been left open, he did not require the entrance to be locked given that no one other than the young pilot or Kay Larr knew that he lived there. As [member="Lady Kay"] called to him however, he did not answer yet could be seen from the entrance seated with his legs crossed and his hands upon his knees, apparently floating just marginally above the floor. To Kay it would have been a rather odd scene he'd have imagined though levitation was one such result of meditation so deep that the force he surrounded himself within literally uplifted his body. If it wasn't for the work outside, meditation was one of the things that took up the majority of his free time otherwise. Seeking answers in the Force to questions he wasn't sure in these days quite how to ask, the immediate reality that had found him was a calm and quiet one and yet he still felt like a large piece of himself had been torn away, leaving frustrations and a sense of hopelessness, or was it helplessness. He couldn't entirely decide.

Kay-Larr

Well, he was home alright. And meditating. And...floating. That was a bit unusual. She was used to some of the Sith levitating objects and using the Force to open doors in order to make it appear as though they were powerful. But she always felt that they were just being kind of lazy and showing off. Maybe it was because she hid her Force sensitivity most of the time, but that's just the way it was. Yet what [member="Veiere Arenais"] was doing was different. More than likely, he just figured that he'd be alone all day. But little did he know....

Kay approached on silent feet, doing her best to make as little noise as possible as she passed him by and went into the kitchen. She gently set her helmet and satchel down before preparing them some tea. After such a deep meditation, he would probably want some, while she could drink tea on any occasion.

Her eyes would drift towards Veiere every moment or so as she made the tea. He had put himself in exile again, was shutting himself away from everyone, or mostly everyone. It made her wonder if he still wanted to work for her.

When Kay was in exile last, she was broke and homeless, having lost her job in the Senate. It took a couple of weeks before she let anyone know that she was okay. She just didn't want to be near anyone and didn't want any help. She figured that her life in politics was over, yet she was pushed back into it. But the Force also brought Veiere, giving her that connection to a life that she could have had. One that involved the Jedi. There was a strange comfort in having him near, watching over her, protecting her and helping her to see things from a different perspective. She just wished that he would be with her longer.

He hadn't noticed her presence until she had passed him and his mind awoken to be comforted by the new company, relieved not only to share in their talks once more but also due to the fact that it was her and not some lost or wary other, estranged, that he had allowed to enter without picking up on the visitor. Quietly and respectfully as always, [member="Lady Kay"] sought the kitchen which held the bare minimum required to get by in the day to day, along with an assortment of her own that she used to make her tea; something of a signature offer, soothing and fresh.

As she was in the other room just around the corner, Veiere pushed himself to his feet and brushed down the back of his clothing, the wooden floorboards had been cleaned though he liked to keep his old Jedi attire clean out of habit. It seemed a little strange to still be wearing the same old uniform that signified the Jedi Order when he no longer retained any part in it though again, as it was all he had known, he seemed to be proving to himself that he was something of a creature of habit.

Wandering into the kitchen, he looked to Kay Larr who at the time had her back turned to him, pausing to study her for a moment in thought to himself before eventually stepping forward and standing beside her, offering to help by drawing in a pair of cups while she saw to the herbs and water. In front of them, the window open and gracing them with a gentle breeze also offered a rather beautiful view of the mountainside and the lands that flowed at the foot of it. They could see, if they looked hard enough, the city where Kay spent most of her time managing things in the capital. "The boy's gone to fetch some supplies" He spoke gently, turning to glance back to her with a small smile, "Kitchen should be stocked properly on your next visit. I've not exactly gotten around to sorting everything out around here..." He spoke as though he were apologizing yet knew she didn't need to hear him say it. Kay had set him up with the place to live and out here he had so few things to really worry about, security was the least of all given how far out and secluded the place felt up there.

"How have you been?" He turned to put his back to the kitchen bench, crossing his arms and lowering his gaze, glancing to the side in full attention of her now, "Things are going well for the good madame president, I hope" He grinned a little, a slight huff of breath leaving him in the form of a quick chuckle.

Kay-Larr

A slight creak of the floorboards let her know that [member="Veiere Arenais"] was approaching, but she felt his presence as well. There was no need to for her to hide her connection to the Force around him, and so she was able to keep her senses more open. Kay returned his smile as she began crumpling the dried leaves into the two cups and then poured the hot water into them. "That's alright. It always takes a while to make a house a home, and to get into a more normal routine."

As he got more comfortable, so did she, turning to lean her back against the counter, propping her elbows up on either side. "Things seem to be progressing well. I've cleared out the corrupt Ministers and found replacements. There are three Embassies being built with more that will surely followed. We've been invited to open Embassies on Alpha Mae, as well as on a planet in First Order space. I know that some of them are not on the right side of things. Yet having them here would keep us from being attacked, and allow us to learn what they are up to, so that we can warn others." She kept it all business for now. Outside of her work, there just wasn't much else that she ever did, besides drinking tea and sleeping. It wasn't as though she had a social life.

"How have you been?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom