Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Swift Class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
asari_starfighter_concept__valhawk_class__by_euderion-d7pre9c.jpg

Image Credit: http://euderion.deviantart.com/art/Asari-Starfighter-concept-Valhawk-class-466531824?q=gallery%3AEuderion%2F40849119&qo=78
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: Damorian Manufacturing
Model: Starfighter
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
  • Durasteel
  • Glasteel
Classification: Starfighter
Length: 9.5m
Height: 6m
Width: 12m

Armament:
  • One Central Mounted magnetic Accelerator Cannon
  • Three Rotating Mounted Laser Turrets (located on fin)
  • Twin Nano Missile Launchers (ten per tube)
  • Ion Tag (ten)
Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:
  • IFF Transponder
  • E Rations (two weeks)
  • Ray Shielding
  • Particle Shielding
  • Radiation Shielding
  • Thermal Shielding
  • Solar Ionization reactor
  • Halcyon Class Booster
  • Encrypted Communications
  • Sensor Array
  • Tow Cable
  • Landing Struts
  • Ability to come to a complete stop mid flight

Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 1.5 (with booster) 4 (normally)
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

Strengths:
Ion Encumbrance System
Weaknesses:
Light Armor

Description:
Designed as the first in a new line hopefully for Damorian, Isis traveled around the galaxy searching for the parts and chasing rumors. The first thing she wanted to do was make a fast ship but it needed to be able to deliver more impact then an interceptor. The first real step was using the weapons she had been researching with the ion encumbrance system, a duel weapon with in tracker tags that can adhere to ships and allow nano missiles to home in and follow can detonate.

The next part was the design and sleek application of the ship for what they were trying to do, a central forward mounted rail gun able to deliver a large punch and torpedo launchers located in the underside. The pilot and co-pilot able to work and operate the weapons as the three laser cannons are able to rotate and be used be each for dog fights. The last and biggest thing is a Halcyon booster system to add additional speed and a reduction of armor to make room for the two shield generators.

The particle and the ray shields on the ship are its primary forms of protection and light armor with a strong solar ionization reactor along the bottom operates to power the ship. The hyperdrive being replaced to allow for additional space and power with the systems. Communication systems and the ability to move into atmosphere for engagements while it functions is helpful.
Development Thread: If needed
Intent: To Create a new line of Damorian Fighters
Who Can Use This: People who buy it
Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Isis Varida"]

Isis Varida said:
Armament:
  • One Central Mounted magnetic Accelerator Cannon
  • Three Rotating Mounted Laser Turrets (located on fin)
  • Two Proton Torpedo Launchers
  • Twin Nano Missile Launchers (ten per tube)
  • Ion Tag (ten)
Squadron Count: 12

Description:

The next part was the design and sleek application of the ship for what they were trying to do, a central forward mounted rail gun able to deliver a large punch and torpedo launchers located in the underside. The pilot and co-pilot able to work and operate the weapons as the three laser cannons are able to rotate and be used be each for dog fights. The last and biggest thing is a Halcyon booster system to add additional speed and a reduction of armor to make room for the two shield generators.
How large is this MAC weapon? How do you view its range, damage potential, and rate of fire comparing to a standard starfighter sized mass driver?
Is it doing "Laser Cannon" levels of damage? "Turbolaser" levels? More?

Isis Varida said:
Length: 5.5m
Height: 3m
Width: 6m

Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 1 (with booster) 3 normally)
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

This is a tiny little starfighter. The standard length is 12 meters and the average "small" starfighter sits in at about 9 meters.

My initial assessment would be to remove the proton torpedo launchers and the MAC weapon, then boost the speed and maneuverability to 1. With the boosters kicking this little thing to speed 0.5.

The alternative is to increase the size a bit to make room for all the weapons you are putting on this.

Either way, the MAC might have to come off depending on what you're trying to do with it. I'll need that clarified.

[member="War Hydra"]

I removed the launchers, increased and height and adjusted the speed

For the cannon I envisioned a blitz fighter, able to accelerate at an enemy ship and deliver a massive punch at closer before going off again. Then turning around and buzzing them again with a second volley.

[member="Isis Varida"]

Isis Varida said:
For the cannon I envisioned a blitz fighter, able to accelerate at an enemy ship and deliver a massive punch at closer before going off again. Then turning around and buzzing them again with a second volley.

That part I get. The balancing aspect comes in by deciding just how much damage potential the weapon has. I need a contemporary counterpoint so that I can understand exactly what you're trying to get out of it.

[member="War Hydra"]

Against a non shielded fighter or ship it can punch through standard hull plating.
Against shielded ships is can damage a section of the shields with several strikes.

If I had to say a contemporary the fuel rod cannons in Halo from banshee's. Strong and powerful but medium to short range.

[member="Isis Varida"]

Isis Varida said:
[member="War Hydra"]

Against a non shielded fighter or ship it can punch through standard hull plating.
Against shielded ships is can damage a section of the shields with several strikes.

If I had to say a contemporary the fuel rod cannons in Halo from banshee's. Strong and powerful but medium to short range.
I meant a contemporary Star Wars weapon. Which, in this case, is likely a Heavy Laser Cannon.

Does that sound accurate to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom