Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Swarm-class Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• New Intent: To create a cheap universal mine for the closed Market.
  • Image Source: (x)
  • Canon Link: (x)
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Have Gun Will Travel (x)
  • Model: Swarm-class Battle Droid (x)
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material:
    Durasteel (x)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Space Mine
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average (100 Shots)
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Low
  • Recoil: Very Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Four Laser Cannons: It is equipped with four laser cannons, one on each side of the pyramid like mine to fire at 360 degrees at all times.
  • ANq 2.4 Tracking Computer: It is integrated into the mine system to to target hostiles and then fire onto the selected targets.
Strengths:
  • Cheap To Use: Due to the low cost of producing the mine, mass production of them can be built and sent out.
  • Small in Size: Being small allows a unique option for carriers to carry at least several dozen with them into the battlefield in place of a few fighters.
  • Swarm of Lasers: Due to the amount that can be placed out from a small size, it can easily overwhelm starfighters by the shear number of laser cannon fire.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile: It only takes one laser cannon shot to destroy them as they have no shields.
  • Recycling is a Pain: The only way to recover them is when they have ran out of battery charge which can take up to twelve hours.
  • One at a time Firing: It can only target one Starfighter at a time and cannot target multiple starfighters.
  • Useless against Capital Ships: The laser cannon fire is ineffective against capital ships unless it is in quantities of two hundred or more.
DESCRIPTION
With the demand to have a way to create a defensible line up in space, Haon Hafey was contacted as he had to consider something light enough to send out as well as something small enough to fit into most capital ships in a hurry. The result was taking an old Swarm-class Battle Droid and gutting out all the insides before leaving the most basic parts and an upgraded generator. On basic tests, it became obvious that the targeting computer was lacking due to age and caused a great deal of concern. Upon realization, an ANq 2.4 Tracking Computer was installed and gave better results at targeting starfighters. This along with the small amount of cost to rebuild such an object gave the Metal Lords a design to use on the go when having to fortify a position in space.

Due to years sitting in an old dusty computer bank, the main blueprint designs were pulled out and given a fresh new life. Being now put onto the closed market, it would seem that it may be able to have some use after a very short lifecycle with the Metal Lords of the Void.

Had Been Changed:
  • New Intent: To create a cheap universal mine for the closed Market.
  • Manufacturer: Have Gun Will Travel (x)
  • Model: Swarm-class Battle Droid (x) (Added Link)
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Size: Small

Added In:
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average (100 Shots)
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Low
  • Recoil: Very Low

Second Grouping in Paragraph 2:
    Due to years sitting in an old dusty computer bank, the main blueprint designs were pulled out and given a fresh new life. Being now put onto the closed market, it would seem that it may be able to have some use after a very short lifecycle with the Metal Lords of the Void.

Last edited:
I would suggest then a rewrite then on the ranged template for technology. What a confusing piece of grammar.

Regardless, the range has been changed to 100 meters.

[member="Venthis Zambrano"]

Submission Name: Swarm-class Mine
Link to Submission: (x)
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: Change Affiliation to Closed Market (Metal Lords of the Void Defunct)

Submissions moved as per OP request. Please remember to include a list of changes when you tag a member of Factory Staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

Haon Hafey Haon Hafey

Your current edits look good and I am ready to stamp this. However, there are currently no ratings in this submission. Please include ratings for size, weight, effective range, etc in accordance with the Factory 5.1 rules.

Please tag me when you're done with the adjustments. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom