Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Suvian Sciences] Phoenix Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://prolificpen.deviantart.com/art/Rail-Gun-Rifle-Final-Render-142770293

Rail_Gun_Rifle_Final_Render_by_ProlificPen.jpg

Intent: The intent of this weapon is to cause things to ignite when shot by it.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Suvian Sciences
Model: Blaster
Affiliation: Suvian Sciences
Modularity: A scope could be added, and the power pack could be changed out for a better one. Other than that, no.
Production: Minor
Material: Alusteel, Blaster Components. Thermal regulator.
Description: The Phoenix Rifle was designed by Suvian to be a sort of anti organic weapon. What it does is cause changes to the chemical structure of a being when zapped by the laser so as to cause them to ignite on fire. This could also work on droids, possibly but they have to be without heavy armor. Heavy armor can block said weapon from being effective. There is also the cool down of course, requiring 5 posts for the gun to recharge. The Phoenix Rifle operates off of a power pack and also a couple of focusing crystals inside of it. Without both, the gun cannot work. This was made by Suvian as one of their fire-arms to provide a good weapon against mindless beasts and creatures that needed to be killed, but were extremely vulnerable to heat.

This excels against most organic life forms, especially those with fur or feathers as they light on fire easily. Droids are something that it could overheat, and perhaps even burn some of, but heavily armored droids with thermal regulators would be impervious to this. This weapon is effective at 70 yards, but any farther than that and the blaster would not be capable of doing what it is supposed to. Every 15 shots, it must take 5 posts to cool down.

This also comes with a DNA scanner so that unauthorized users cannot use the technology. Should they keep trying to, it will self destruct. It comes with a small explosive device inside it, to prevent unauthorized use. It can only be programmed at a Suvian Science Facility.

Manufacturer: Suvian Sciences
Model: Blaster Rifle
Affiliation: Suvian Sciences/Buyer
Modularity: See above
Production: Minor
Material: See above.
Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld.
Length: Standard blaster rifle length.
Weight: Standard blaster rifle weight.
Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Focusing Crystal.
Ammunition Capacity: This can shoot 100 shots before the power cell and Focusing Crystal must be changed out.
Effective Range: This is most effective at 70 yards. Any farther, and it is ineffective.
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
Special Features:

Exceedingly effective against organics
Semi Automatic
Comes with optional scope.

Description:

The Phoenix Rifle was designed by Suvian to be a sort of anti organic weapon. What it does is cause changes to the chemical structure of a being when zapped by the laser so as to cause them to ignite on fire. This could also work on droids, possibly but they have to be without heavy armor. Heavy armor can block said weapon from being effective. There is also the cool down of course, requiring 5 posts for the gun to recharge. The Phoenix Rifle operates off of a power pack and also a couple of focusing crystals inside of it. Without both, the gun cannot work. This was made by Suvian as one of their fire-arms to provide a good weapon against mindless beasts and creatures that needed to be killed, but were extremely vulnerable to heat.

This excels against most organic life forms, especially those with fur or feathers as they light on fire easily. Droids are something that it could overheat, and perhaps even burn some of, but heavily armored droids with thermal regulators would be impervious to this. This weapon is effective at 70 yards, but any farther than that and the blaster would not be capable of doing what it is supposed to. Every 15 shots, it must take 5 posts to cool down.

This also comes with a DNA scanner so that unauthorized users cannot use the technology. Should they keep trying to, it will self destruct. It comes with a small explosive device inside it, to prevent unauthorized use. It can only be programmed at a Suvian Science Facility.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]

• I need to see Length, there is no standard.
  • I need to see Weight, there is no standard.
  • I'm not sure I'm to keen on the whole "I shoot you, you ignite bid." Understand there are varying degrees of armor. I see you noted it for droids, but what of human armored elements? Going up against someone with durasteel armor might render this weapon useless potentially by the time they breached beyond 70 yards? I mean it might burn them a bit as the durasteel would heat but I don't see it generating enough heat to create a melting point. Beskar or Beskar'gam or Ultrachrome...well the user would be dead cause they would laugh this off.
    The above being said, if you're saying this is a focused laser rifle then that is a bit much as the excessive energy through multiple focusing lenses might cause it to overheat right there. If you're saying this is a projected flame weapon, 70 yards is pushing it. Which is it? If it's a projected flame weapon, how hot are we talking the flames are when they exit the barrel?

[*]Please combine both submissions into one.
Mention me when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom