Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Suvian Sciences] CQC Expert Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB-6A_Melee_Droid.jpg

Image Source: http://starwarsrpg.pettycomp.net/NewStore6.html

Intent: To expand on the droids possessed by Suvian.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Suvian Sciences
Model: Suvian Sciences S-350 Close Combat Droid
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Weapons can be swapped out.
Production: Minor Production
Material: Standard Droid Metals/Components
Classification: Fourth Degree
Weight: 100 KG
Height: 6"2
Movement: Bipedal/Repulsors
Armaments:

Oversized Mallet
Heavy Claymore
Various forms of Vibro Weaponry.
It's hands

Misc. Equipment:

Thermal Imaging Computer
X-Ray Scanner
Heightened auditory sensors
Microprocessor

Description:

One of the new droids pioneered by the brilliant minds of Suvian Sciences. This runs off of a DE MK 1 power cell rather than one of the conventional ones out there. This droid comes equipped with Repulsors, and strength rivaling that roughly of 10 regular humans. This droid is programmed with a variety of CQC techniques, including every style of using a Vibro Blade there is. It is also programmed to be very good with blunt weapons, as well as other bladed weapons. Unfortunately Suvian has been unable to program any level of lightsaber expertise yet.

This droid is made to be the perfect melee combatant. Granted it could easily be taken down by light-sabers. To compensate for that small problem, a personal shield has been put into place in it similar to the one Jeff wears. This droid incorporates VI from Cinthran Cybernetics so as to allow it to operate independently of a command module or unit. Due to the power from the crystal core, the shield lasts longer than it normally would.

This droid is programmed to unleash a barrage of attacks, retreat...recharge and then attack again. The Repulsors are used so that it can have a distance attack, using them to shoot a concussive energy blast.

This is, frankly, really overpowered. It's minor production, takes ten lightsaber posts to bring one down and can find cloaked targets. I'm sorry but you'll need to take it down a notch so other people can enjoy Role-Playing against your tech.

It needs to weight more like 100kg, the stealth detections needs rationalising. If you're relying on Compton scattering of X-rays I'd suggest 20m max.

The shield should come down to taking say, a 5 or so lightsaber blows. It could be difficult to bring down with sidearm fire, but would only take 10 or so rifle bolts before coming down.

Anything much beyond that and production needs to come right down and significant development will be required.

Could you elaborate on the function of the repulsors?

I think with a bit more balance this could be a very interesting droid that would be fun to roleplay with :)

[member="Jeff Solaris"]

Jeff Solaris said:
namely 7 posts of lightsaber protection, and 14 of blaster (Hand Held) protection. 2 shots from a rifle would take it out.
Remove this completely and I'll approve it. I will not allow this forum to be judged or approved by numeric values applied to posts per actions.

No judge should ever approve any item that dictates "This many hits to bring down this shield", ever.

Everything is situational. We do not assign HP or Mana Points to items here at SWRP Chaos.

[member="Raziel"] [member="Popo"] [member="Sirella Valkner"] [member="Aaralyn Rekali"] [member="Ordo"] [member="Strask Ak'lya"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

1. The edits you have requested have been made.
2. As this droid was intended to be part of a series, and the series cannot be completed now I request that you archive this droid, and then as soon as possible delete this droid from the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom