Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Suvian Sciences] AFU-Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081130040358/starwars/images/4/46/DrawingtheEG-05Droidstep1.jpg

DrawingtheEG-05Droidstep1.jpg

Intent: To provide a suitable countermeasure to the Force Users who abuse their abilities.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Century Technological Advancement Enterprises
Model: AFU-Droid MK I
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: The lightsaber could be replaced by a Vibro Sword, or a light whip.
Production: Unique
Material: Droid Components, Durasteel, Force Field. DE-MK i Crystal Core (Power Source)
Classification: Fourth degree
Weight: Trade Federation regular battle droid weight
Height: Trade Federation regular battle droid height.
Movement: Bipedal/Repulsors
Armaments:

Lightsaber
Tractor Beam
Repulsor
Eye Lasers
Misc. Equipment:

Force Field: A Force Field that was designed by Jeff to provide minor protection against light-sabers. It has been installed in this droid.
Faraday Cage: A Faraday cage designed to block electrical attacks, including Force Lightning.

Description:

The problem that the Galaxy had was that the Force Users constantly duked it out between one another. This problem led Jeff to worry about dealing with some of the more dangerous of the Force Users. Thus he was inspired to create a droid that could go toe to toe with a light-saber wielder. These droids were mad by Suvian Sciences to fix the problem of the Jedi and Sith out there as well as the many neutrals who think they can do whatever with a light-saber. These mainly rely on generalized light-saber combat.

These droids make use of their Tractor and Repulsor Beams in similar ways to 'Force Push' and 'Force Pull' so as to even the odds. A Faraday cage has been put into place on these droids. This protects them against the infamous Force Lightning attack used by many sith and neutrals. These use their eye lasers to attack from a good distance should they need to perform such an attack. They are powered by a crystal core. The eye beams are powered by the crystal core itself, but also have a dedicated Ryloth Solar Cell inside the droid to provide power for that attack. The effective range of this is 20 feet.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]
I'm not sure if you included a force field in the special features due to the Faraday cage or not, but please include its operation in the description - I nearly didn't notice it until I scrolled back up after reading through it all to double-check everything.

Alright, here's what I need done in order for me to approve of this:

Approval Without Development Thread
  • Remove styles of lightsaber combat as part of programming, as such programming is highly extensive in both research and prototypical trial and error. Generalized combat is understandable, but specialized combat requires much more work to be done.
  • Remove fail-safe systems or remove the self destruct system, one or the other.
  • Please mention the power source for the lasers, as well as the length of time they can be used non-stop, as well as a maximum range and an effective range. Include details on a delay after this point has been reached before they can be used again, or various issues that could occur if this is used after the maximum length of time has been reached before cooling down.
Approval With Development Thread
  • Complete a 20 post development thread that covers the necessary research, and also covers some limited testing, of the lightsaber combat styles to be used for programming.
  • Limit saber styles to one, or add on another 5 posts to the aforementioned thread in order to use multiple styles.
  • Include a 5 post development thread that details the planning and reasoning behind a fail-safe. Just some reasoning for as to why such things are necessary if the droid is an open-market type. Please include reasoning behind the anti-tampering self destruct system as well in this.
  • Please mention the power source for the lasers, as well as the length of time they can be used non-stop, as well as a maximum range and an effective range. Include details on a delay after this point has been reached before they can be used again, or various issues that could occur if this is used after the maximum length of time has been reached before cooling down.
Feel free to mix-and-match between the choices given, such as dropping saber styles but doing a thread for a fail-safe and vice versa. This is to be considered under review for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom