Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundered Corellia - 844 (Open)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Mimi's Cafe
Briggs Station
Corellian Space
Post Netherworld Event, 844

___

A celestial spirit had descended from another realm and forged of our dust a nightmare. A truth far stranger than fiction. Even for Karen Roberts, a woman predisposed to a life of magic and metaphysical struggle, could not contain her awe and despair. The impossible had actually happened.

Corellia was broken.

___

Briggs Station. Black and rusting. She was once a supercarrier vessel used by the Demicord Corperation of Fondor during the reconstruction area following the Long Night of Plague. Indeed, once a prideful vessel in the fleet of a grand mining operation. Alas. Time had not been kind to her. She now stood as a relief and refuge area for many of the travelers passing through Corellian space. Like a grand hotel with an endless supple of small rooms and lofty hangers, it was always busy. Ships of all shapes and sizes buzzing about her massive form. Some coming. Some going. All weary and spent. Karen's ship was no different. The Hanalei Bay was docked in bay 13. Safe and sound from the never-ending chaos of the ever reshuffling sector outside.

She had left the ship in good hands fifteen minutes ago to go find the cafe. All that traveling always left a pit in her stomach. Bleh. Maybe they had pancakes?

___

Mimi's Cafe. One of the three diners built into Briggs Station latter half. It was a surprising place really. White, bright, and amazingly? Well lit by the bold ceiling lights. A rarity. Not unlike some parts of this old dorky vessel. Dark as pitch, they were. Oh no. Today the large diner was packed with guests and had a line waiting outside the door. Karen figured it was just good location. Most of the larger ships parked in the latter half of the station. It wasn't a far walk either and they a bunch of tables to serve.

Clad in her Netherworld Katan and with her bulky utility belt slung over one shoulder, Karen Roberts waited for her turn to grab a table. Moaning as the food line shuffled forward slowly,

"Good grief."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen grabbed a small table nearer the kitchen and sat down. The waitress droid came rolling along shortly and gave her a new menu,

"Welcome to Mimi's Cafe traveler. Please enjoy our new menu this week for all hotel guests. I'll be able to take your order via the intercom there. Just hollar whenever you're ready dear."

"Thank you." Karen smiled and received the menu gladly. She was so hungry, she could probably eat a horse. The Demonstone woman took a minute to look over the short menu and nodded with satisfaction. Ah yes. Breakfast it was going to be.

"Yum."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen munched away happily to a large pancake buffet. Truthfully she had a million recipes back on her ship just waiting to be created. But she had been eating alone for a week now in her cabin. So it was the crash of the crowd and the hollar of the kitchen that really made her smile. Being around people was a nice change every once and a while. Even it was rammed together with a dozen other patrons into a tiny cafe and upon crooked aluminum seats. Meh. She'd manage. After all, pancakes fix everything.

"I might even spurge for dessert? Oh my?"

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Adar lowered slightly lest his electro staff get caught in the door while he was walking through it.

He didn't exactly want to be in this cafe, however his Basilisk had been damaged in a battle while he was protecting a convoy, and he had to something while the techs fixed her up. Perhaps he could find some work while he was here, but a drink would be fine by his standards.

Adar took a drink from a nearby table, the patron who it belonged to looked as if he was going to protest, but when he saw the grizzled Mandalorian who was drinking it, he decided to ask the bartender for another drink. While Adar enjoyed making people squirm, he did that out of necessity rather then enjoyment. His employer had yet to pay him for his defense of the convoy and Adar guessed he would never get his money. In the olden days he would have put his head on his pike for such impudence, but times change, one has to adapt.

Something at one of the tables caught his eye; A woman, decent to look at, sitting by herself. However this woman seemed different, she carried herself like he'd seen some force users do; with a ever so slight touch of arrogance. He could hardly blame her though, such things come with the territory. Adar walked over to the table, he had a feeling he might have something interesting to do after all.

Because if he knew anything, he knew where force sensitives are, trouble follows.

"Mind if I join you?" he said in as much of a pleasant tone as he could muster.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The titanium clad woman smiled and waved the warlord over. She didn't mind at all. In her experience, there was no safer place than in the company of a Mandalorian,

"Not at all. It's downright crowded around here today. Besides? Men of your armor make for excellent dinner guests. I doubt I'll have any trouble with you around."

She allowed him to sit and attempt to be comfortable. However, she already knew. Mandos are never 'comfortable'. Roberts smirked even as she began again,

"...So Warrior? Can I buy you another drink? Yours looks, ...inconvenient. If I might say so."

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Adar nodded respectfully and took a seat at the table. He didn't fancy her thinking of him as a thug anti-magnet considering he was just eating with her. But who knows, maybe this could lead to a bodyguard job?

He sat his "borrowed" drink on the table. "Well, If you just want the look then you've got the right man, but if you need a mandalorian lets just say I'm a bit of an estranged clansman. Oh, and I'll take that drink."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smirked and hit the intercom,

"Drink order for table fifteen. Send the droid."

She released the button and waved the thought away. The waitress would be around sooner or later.

"So. Are you much for conversation, clansman? Few of your kinsmen are. Perhaps your arrival here heralds a story worthy of the telling? We fair travelers have penchant for stories, you know. Perhaps we could share? You show me yours. And I'll show you mine."

It wasn't the armor he wore that spoke of a story. All Mandos lived in that bucket. Oh no. It was his choice in weapon that tore him apart from the rest. An electro-staff is no mere shatter rifle of the rank and file. It speaks of a man with the skill to test his arm. Perhaps even against those who dare to wield a lightsaber. A subtle hint that peaked her interest the moment that Adar had entered the room.

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

"Not much to tell, name's Adar. Fought against the Clockwork Rebellion, served in Clan Bralor most my life but left due to... creative differences. Now I kill for a living."

Adar noticed her interest in his staff. Its unorthodox design was for mainly combating force users, who Adar had somewhat of a fascination for. Its breadth was sleek except for a switch to modify levels of energy output and a button near the spearhead which would split the head in two like a fork, good for catching and manipulating an enemies' lightsaber blade. However, Adar only used the functions when necessary. Over reliance on technology would breed weakness.

"You want a closer look?" he said as he held out the tail end of the staff. He wasn't exactly fond of handing his weapon to someone he just met but the action would imply trust, and besides, he still had his rifle.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smiled and waved away the gesture,

"I would. But not here."

She had other plans for how to put that staff to good use.

"My my. Do you engage with Force Users often, clansman Adar? Most of your metal appear to disdain my kind. For good reason, of course."

The titanium woman smiled and nodded. Happy to finally speak what could only be assumed.

"Karen Roberts. Formerly of Corellia. At your service."

The serving droid finally rolled up and asked Adar for his order. Karen was still working on her pancakes.

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Adar shrugged and returned the staff to its place by his chair.

"I have indeed, though I have little but pity for your kind."

He took the drink from the droid without giving it any kind of acknowledgment.

"Why the question?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen seemed surprised. Wasn't it obvious?

"Your weapon betrays what most of you kind do not. You have fought mages before. Thusly, my question. After all. A girl can't be too careful these days. The dark powers have many servants. However... I sense no animosity from you. Perchance it really is pity that governs here. Though. Hatred is more common."

She shrugged and took another bite. Ruling out that Adar was yet another assassin. Ugh. Assassins. Always striking whilst a poor girl was happily entertained. Such boors.

"Very well then. And what brings a pitiful clansmen to Corellia so soon after it's destruction? Salvaging for parts? You are quite a ways from the clanworlds."

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]
Adar crossed his arms, staring at her intently. It wasn't the answers he wanted from her, it was how she answered them. She obviously wanted something from him, and if she insisted on trading queries, he would glean as much info as he could.
"I pity force users because they a born with a defect that weakens them, more frankly; the force is a teat."

Adar took a sip of the drink and set it down, "My Basilisk's in being repaired in the hanger, " he stared at the half empty drink for a moment before continuing, "and while I'm sure we could exchange pleasantries further, I have a feeling you want something from me. And I rather that be put out in the open. Right now."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen shrugged and put her fork down lightly.

"Want, is a terrible thing to have clansman Adar. However, I only poke and prod that I might discover your intentions. The last of your kin I met were... Less than inviting. We traded scars and left it at that."

She squinted to look him in the eye,

"So. To a point. I merely wanted to know when you were planning on attacking me. But? ...It seems I was wrong. An assassin you are not."

Roberts would have finished with something greater to say but she was eating. She could save the unpleasantness for later.

"Does this offend you? That a mage would be so cunning after her manner. I assure you. It is only circumstance."

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]
"If I wanted to kill you, I'd have handed you the front end," he said while giving his staff a tap. He leaned back in his chair and stroked his chin thoughtfully, probably trying to remember if he'd seen her face in the bounty listings. No, she'd been accommodating considering he might have been an assassin, so he would not attack her on a hunch.
"Many of my brothers and sisters have lost their way, it is no reason to suspect the whole," he said flatly while making a bit of a sweeping motion with his free hand, "You know I am not an assassin, you know my clan, and you seem to know my people, but I know little of you. Care to inform me?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen picked up her fork and kept eating. She did seem to relax a bit more though,

"If you are not an assassin, then there is nothing further you need to know. The most important bits are already on the table."

She'd covered all the basics already. Karen Roberts. Corellia. Force User. Mm. That was just about as far as anyone ever got except HK-36. Even Sarge didn't pry further and he had her old navy files back on Fondor.

"But by way of apology. I'm here for family. Corellia was home for many of my close friends. After the Sundering? Well. Let's just say life changed for everybody in this sector. Even for those of us who travel beyond it."

It was the sad truth. Every single person in this cafe was here for the same exact reason. Corellia. The heart and soul of humans everywhere. Was broken. Cleaved right in two by a magic that not even the Master Effert could have foreseen.

"So yes. It comes with the times. Alas, you must forgive my bad manners. Old habits, eh."

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Adar nodded thoughtfully, digesting the information. Apparently, she was a bit more then he had first assumed.

"I need nothing of an apology, I only meant to correct you."

He paused for a moment, as if he was thinking of something. He began to say something but stopped himself, thinking some more.

"Where or when did you first speak of... mages and sorts?" he said, the brashness of his question not dawning on him.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen grinned.

"Sometimes it is what you don't say that matters the most."

He could take that or leave it. Perhaps Karen had been living around underworld types too long. She didn't speak in a thieves cant? But her mysterious way of speaking was pretty darn close. And it had saved her trouble too many times to count.

She leaned back in her chair and pushed her plate away. All done.

"I wish for you tell me of your Basilisk. Damaged or not. I have never fought one. Oh yes, and I have fought many many creatures. So? I'm curious as to their prowess in single combat. Besides, you seem talkative enough. Would you entertain a mage with such idle fancies?"

Time to change the subject.

[member="Adar Bralor"]

[member="Karen Roberts"]

He sat unmoving in silence for a moment. That way of talking, the grandiose antiquated terms, he had heard it from a Sith once. He called jedi "schismatics," hard to forget someone like that.

"My Basilisk has been with me ever since I was young, she's been a good companion despite the abuse she's taken. Almost wish I hadn't have taken it's droid brain out, but after omni, I don't trust A.Is"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Companion. Oh my. And Karen thought she lived in the old world. This Mando must have gone native. No wonder he was so far removed from the clansworlds. Friends with a Basilisk. Interesting.

"Ah. I see. Then you must pardon my candor. I can see the iron means more to you than my simple questions. Good for you."

Their separate religions laid bare between them. Magic and metal. Never to see eye to eye on anything really. Two worlds and strange masters. Such was the galaxy and it's many patrons. No two people out here were ever alike.

"Well. Thank you for your company Master Adar. I hope the galaxy provides you all that you seek."

She ran a card through the wall reader and paid their bill. Mission accomplished. Standing up, she gave him a smiling nod. It was time for her to go.

[member="Adar Bralor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom