Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Suffocating Sight

Ayvari Dorian

A
She had not long been among these Lords of the Sith, yet already she was to be tested. Whether they intended for it to be that way or not, that was the way she saw it at the very least. They were assigning her a student to work alongside, to oversee the growth and training of, to ensure that they would become a fine cog in the machine that was the Worm's Empire. Ayvari had once had Apprentices of her own, before darkness fogged her memories and all that remained was the Nether. They were not here now, though. Nothing she knew was here.
The woman had paced her room for quite some time after the news had reached her. The Force had flowed through her freely there, as she ruminated on the path forward, on the changes it would mean to her life, darkness had permeated every corner of her space until it was nigh on suffocating. And even then she continued.
Eventually though she had succumbed. With heavy sigh she slung her vibrosword over her back and left the suffocation pit behind where some of that heavy fog might dissipate in her absence. Sought out the chambers of the one she was to teach.
And as she came upon the door she forced herself to take a breath. To clear her mind of distractions. It would not do to reveal too much from the offset, to give the one they named Dral anything that could be used as ammunition against her at a later date. Ayvari had never been assigned a student before, she had taken them by force. This was an entirely different kind of beast, then.
She raised a hand, and brought it down to rap against the door. Though she had the dossier of the individual in question, she had read no further than his name. She wanted to come face to face with him for the first time without prejudices, without a preconceived notion of who exactly it was. Then, after, she would see what the Academy had to say about him...

maulbanner.png
Dral had changed a lot since coming to the academy, he had dropped the charade that he had held for so long of being an old man, when he got rid of the double-bladded lightsaber that he had wielded for more than a decade in change for a forcesaber that he had traveled around the galaxy to graft, making it with a longer hilt then normal to still give him an edge against his opponents.​

Sitting in his room, in the pure darkness folding around him, his eyes closed he felt the darkness of the force flowing through him, feeling the boiling of emotions in his stomach ready to explode before he heard the sound of a rap against the door to his room in the academy.​

As the sound hit his ears, the darkness of the room faded, and light came once again from the candles that burned in the room. His senses raised to the maximum as he pondered over the reasons that someone would come to his room in the dawn of night.​

With a slight brow raised, he stood on his feet, his hand at the ready with his new blade that was attached at the hip as he opened the door to question who had come to see him at such an hour. It could've been anyone, someone meaning to take his life, to take him out as a possible threat in the future, or just someone coming for some sort of guidance, which seemed a little unreasonable.​

The door now open he peered to see who had come to meet him.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
The door opened to reveal a slightly below-average height Thyrsian woman, stoic of expression, face lined with various markings, and amber eyes glowering at the one who stood before her now.
A Zabrak.
They had assigned her a Zabrak.
In the span of a second her mind made various calculations, drew upon the knowledge she had of their kind, and ultimately she nodded her head once. A Zabrak could work. Her only true bonds in this Galaxy were with an Iridonian, after all. She knew they were a hardy people, capable of handling much more physical strain than most thanks to their dual hearts, among other things.
Yes... This could work. But, of course, species was not everything. There were weak wookiees out there in the Galaxy, always individuals who undermined the cores of their people. Would this Dral be the same?
"Acolyte Dral?" she inquired, though she already knew deep down that he was the one. Her gaze shifted past him to the room beyond for just a moment, before settling back upon his face. All the same, she waited for him to confirm his identity before pressing on.

maulbanner.png
His eyes laid upon the woman, he gave a slightly confused expression, he wasn't quite sure why she was here. He tried to recall if he had ever met or seen this woman in the academy before, but he couldn't lay a finger on whether he had or not. He didn't think he had, but he figured due to the way she had addressed him she was some sort of higher up in the Sith.​

"Yes my Lord, how may I be of service?"

He laid his eyes on the woman in front of him, a slight sign of youth, she was certainly younger than he was. Standing a foot over her, he was an imposing figure to most, but he knew when it came to the powers of the force, it did not matter how big or how small someone was, she was easily capable of kicking his arse if she needed too.​

Dral's eyes were drawn towards her darker complexion, she looked very human, but he did not know if she was something else entirely, that was the thing with humans in this galaxy, they could be from varying different planets and look similar to one another, or completely different. They varied so much, but he could say that about himself and an Irdidonian.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
He didn't know her from the next person who walked down the corridor, yet he addressed her with respect all the same. A student who knew their place was a good foundation, though she hoped there was more bite to counteract it in other ways too. A weak Sith soon became no Sith at all.
She hummed ever so slightly as his question lingered between them, holding onto her silence for a few moments more before taking a step back from the door.
"Gather up a weapon of your choice," she told him, "Then follow me. We have much to discuss, you and I."
She left it vague beyond that, as she waited to see if he'd do as instructed or probe for further answers. It was a strange beast, one she'd never had to deal with before. To take a student was one thing, to force them into that position and make them fight for it, work for it. But to take on an already established student was another all together. New waters she was treading, to be sure.

maulbanner.png
With an air of vagueness he asked for him to gather a weapon of choice, he looked back, a staff had hung from the back wall, his eyes looked over it before he hung it down slightly and tapped on the saber at his hip and went to make his way to follow the woman who had come to him.​

Dral was definitely curious where this was going, whether she needed a grunt to do some work for her, or something else, he was unsure. Having been in the academy for at least a decent time now he knew some of the inner workings of the sith, and also knew that acolytes were prime grunts for their eagerness and their expandability.​

"Yes my Lord."

Dral said as he made his way with the lord, to wherever she was to take him, his senses already reaching their maximum.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
There were many different ways she could have this play out. Did she simply take him to a training room, see what he was made of? Did she take him off world, throw him into the elements and see what he could do?
On and on the list went.
Instead she walked him through the Academy, quiet and introspective, and kept her ears open to ensure he was keeping pace. They passed through the main entrance, out into the chill Korriban air, and down a series of sand-strewn steps away from the building proper.
It was only then, away from prying eyes and ears, that she chose to speak. Still she led him on though, provided he did not balk at the idea of being led into the unknown, until the Academy was no longer visible at all.
"My name is Ayvari Dorian. You may refer to me as My Lady, or Master. You see, they have seen it fit to assign us to one another. Tell me, Acolyte..." No, that was wrong. Acolyte was no longer the term to use. "Apprentice. What is it that has led you to this point?"
Without distractions around them, she slowed to a crawl and finally a halt. Around them just the desert lay, cliffs of sandstone rose up and blocked views in most directions. Still, even away from the Academy, the perpetual darkness of this world seeped into their surroundings.
All was as it should be.

maulbanner.png
Making his way along with the woman, he kept his hand on his hilt a bit as he walked with her, not keeping too close as to be tripping over her, but not too far away to be falling back. His eyes glanced around him as they made their way out of the academy, into the Korriban night.​

When they made their way out she began to slow her pace to a walk, then a crawl, and finally to a stop. The cool night air pressing against him as he stood before her. The words Ayvari spoke were the slightest bit surprising as he didn't expect a true master.​

"Yes My Master. I had a master once, years ago, when I still had an air of youth about me, but my carelessness clouded my judgement and I lost everything. Anger, passion, and the drive to gain more power has led me to want to learn more, to grow more powerful, and has led me to you, my lady."

Dral's words flowed out of him as he looked upon the woman that had been assigned to him as his master. It brought back some old memories from his youth, she was younger than him, yes, but she had grown in power to deserve the rank that she had been given.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
He was wary, and that was good.
She knew that his hand was on the hilt of his saber as they walked. Knew that at a moments notice he could react and strike out to any who might do him harm. Heck, if he truly wanted to he could have struck out at her. But he didn't.
Instead he followed behind and came to a halt as she did. And he took it all in his stride, the change he'd been presented with. She could sense the confusion, but he hid it well enough. Perhaps he thought himself above needing a Master, he was older than she was after all. Perhaps he felt like they'd simply never assign him one. Either way it did not matter.
Because he replied to her without hesitation. Accepted it for what it was.
He was willing to grow, to learn. Good.
Ayvari nodded slowly in response to all he had said. She could have pried further, found out about this Master of his and how he had come to lose it all, but she didn't. The dossier would contain such information. This was a new chapter, and while who Dral had been mattered as much as who he was now, who he could become was at the forefront of her mind.
That was, after all, her duty here.
"What is it you wish to learn?"
As she spoke, she drew from its sheath her cortosis-lined vibrosword and took a few steps back from him. Her gaze flicked briefly to the lightsaber he carried, no doubt set to a deadly intensity, and then she set her eyes back on him. Around them, from the shadows of the rocks, several creatures began to prowl forth. From the depths of the valley they crawled, though what exactly had pulled them from their slumber was impossible to know.
Ayvari did not waver from her stare, though she did make note of them. She waited for him to respond, to see if he even would with the added stimuli.

maulbanner.png
Dral did as he always had done, he took these new revelations in stride, his eyes watching the woman in front of him, the slight shink came from her vibrosword as she pulled it out. His eyes following her movements, his ears perking up at the sounds of the night hitting him.​

In a flash of movement he ignited his lightsaber and looked at the woman in front of him with a deep breath, letting the darkness flow through him, his muscles ready to explode at a moments notice as his eyes focused on his new master, letting the cold air fill his lungs, taking slow deep breaths.​

"I am willing to learn whatever you are willing to teach, Master."

All the sounds surrounded him, even the slight buzz from his saber faded to the background, as he heard the stones hit the ground at the movements that were coming from the Korriban night. Dral could not see them, but he knew that they were out in the night. Maybe from Ayvari, maybe not, he wasn't sure.​

All he knew was that his new master was going to test him to see what he was worth.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
"That isn't what I asked, Apprentice."
Still ignoring the prowling beasts around them, she narrowed her eyes into somewhat of a glare. A crack in the otherwise apathetic veneer. Her fingers flexed and laxed around the hilt of her vibrosword, gaze boring into his.
"What are your aspirations? I can teach you a thousand things and none of them might further those goals. What do you want, Dral?"
Usually she'd break them down, make them into whatever it was she needed. But this was a strange situation they'd found themselves in. He was already most of the way toward Knighthood, she knew that much - they'd told her that much. To derail that would be wasting time and resources. He had to already knew who he was, where he was headed, right?
She didn't have to form that foundation.

maulbanner.png
Dral's eyes bore into his new master, questioning her motives, maybe she was unhappy with her appointing, or perhaps she was just trying to test his strength of will. Either way, it didn't matter to him, he stood his ground as he kept in a pose, his saber raised as he went to respond to his master's burrowing.​

"I wish to master the art of lightsaber combat and grow more in the techniques that will help me in fighting my enemies."

Dral had never been one to want to lead an army from afar, he had always intended to be in the thick of things, and by the way he trained, and his repertoire of force abilities that he knew quite well, anyone could see he had trained for it. Even his lightsaber was exotic and unique to be sure, it was long-hilted, unlike what most users would use for a lightsaber, but it gave him an edge against his foes due to its exotic and unique nature.​

"I want to break my chains, and have the force set me free, as all sith strive for."

Ayvari Dorian

A
She gave him nothing more than a nod in response as those rabid beasts finally made their move.
Out from the shadows they pounced, three spiny tuk'ata whose muscles rolled with each motion. Her vibrosword whirred into action almost immediately, as she turned toward the first of the trio. She did not make a move of her own, though, she simply kept the weapon between herself and the beasties. They were not here for her, after all.
While she waited to see how Dral would respond, Ayvari pondered over the answer he had given. A warrior, then. Not the agent she had been hoping for, but she could work with a warrior. No doubt this would mean she'd need to create a new lightsaber, she couldn't very well teach forms with the hunk of cortosis-weaved durasteel in her hands after all. Her old one had never made it to the Netherworld, it would seem. At least, it had not joined her upon her return.
No matter. She would tend to that soon enough.

maulbanner.png
Dral let out a low growl as the tuk'ata crawled out from the dark, his eyes watching them move. Watching as his master moved to a more defensive position, Dral moved forward in long strides walking up the beasts with his crimson blade alight.​
Walking up to the three beasts his master would notice one be town asunder, two halves being split down the creature. Before his blade slashed at the attacking beasts, dodging a deadly attack from one before slashing at the other one. Driving them back with his saber.​
They did not head the death of the other beast, attempted to attack the Zabrak, a fatal mistake for them, his sword slashed one at the haunches, his eyes following it down as the mutt let out a squeal as he turned to face his last opponent.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
So, he knew more than simply the art of the blade it would seem.
As her student rend one of the beasts in two she gave a slow nod of her head in appreciation of the act. She didn't say anything still, did not wish to praise or sway him in any way, she just continued to hold her vibrosword in such a way that if for whatever reason one broke past his defenses she'd be able to knock them back.
Only one Tuk'ata remained, and time had barely passed at all since their arrival. Still as he paused in place and did not immediately act he left himself open to more of the same. From the skies above a volley of shyrack descended, circling and in perpetual motion as they came upon Dral. One veered off cause, headed toward her instead, but she batted it aside with one great swing of her sword.
It was quick to rejoin the others.
Safety in numbers, or something along those lines... The first of the shyrack's dived down toward his head as the last of the tuk'ata pounced.

maulbanner.png
Holding his ground he watched the Tuk'ata as it stood in front of him, staring him down. He felt the shyrack pack descend upon him, just before they came in to begin their attack he swung his blade towards them in the air, cutting off several of their wings causing them to fall to the earth where he stomped them out, sending out a blast of the force towards the Tuk'ata as it came in to attack, throwing it against a rock. Grabbing one of the shyrack, he threw it into its compatriots before slicing some more of them in twain.​
His focus was unwavering as he battled off the pack of shyrack that now attempted to assault him, using his blade along with the force to control the way the fight was going, bouncing the shyrack off one another as he sliced them down with his long-hilted lightsaber before stomping them out as they hit the ground.​
Soon enough one kill had become two, then two had become four. The pack slowly thinned out in numbers, some now flying just out of reach of his saber to avoid the attack. Ignoring those he could not immediately get he thinned out the more aggressive of the pack to be slain by his saber.​

Ayvari Dorian

A
"Good..."
He dispatched most of them without so much as breaking a sweat, blending well the Force and his saber for maximum effect. He might have only viewed himself as a swordsman but she knew that with more pushing he could transcend even that should he will it. Certainly he showed promise. Still these were mere beasties, a small enough test of character. But a test no less.
She pulled one of the few remaining flyers into her vibroblade with the Force and skewered it in place, watching as her Apprentice finished off the final dregs. When all were gone she nodded, and stepped forward.
"There is much to work on," she said, glancing him up and down once. "But you are at the very least competent. Have a think on specifics, so that we might carve your path forward."
Before he could try and speak on the subject though she turned and began to head back the way they had come, leaving the corpses for other beasts to consume. It was not something she wanted to speak on now, she wanted him to truly think on it. A generic plan was all well and good, but she couldn't hone that into something tangible.
"Tomorrow we will begin in true."

maulbanner.png
Cutting off the wings of one last beast he stomped its life out with the heel of his boot before he turned towards his master. Extinguishing the crimson blade he held in his hand he gave a slight bow of his head as he fell in line behind his new master.​
"Yes master."
Going to speak again he was then stopped, he gave another nod as he thought about what skills he wished to learn from his new master. From what he could tell by looking at her, she was more of a force user than one of saber combat, he could always stand to learn more when it came to that aspect of the sith.​
What would I wish to learn from this woman? Dral thought in his head, his path continuing with the woman as his mind pondered different skills that he had seen, or read about that could be beneficial to him. He could perhaps learn something less combat-oriented, and more focused towards the more political and espionage side of the sith that he had not considered yet. Some persuasion perhaps? There were many options that the man could explore, but he figured he had time to figure out what he truly wished to learn.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom