Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sublimation Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
concept_art_riddick_aoda___emp_grenade_by_torvenius-d4t4y85.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]http://img06.deviantart.net/e2e9/i/2012/077/5/d/concept_art_riddick_aoda___emp_grenade_by_torvenius-d4t4y85.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] To create a powerful anti-personnel/anti-embankment grenade capable to completely removing a threat from the equation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Development Thread:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] If Necessary
Manufacturer: Bastion-Apex Industries
Model: BA-SG Mk.1
Affiliation: Restricted Market
Modularity: No
Production: Minor/Restricted[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Agrinium; Thin layer of Rubber surrounding the interior of the grenade for shock absorption; Tricopper for connections between electronic components within.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Grenade (Grenade-Launcher Dependent)
Size: Handheld
Length: 20.32 cm
Weight: 2.1 kg
Ammunition Type: The weapon itself is ammunition.
Effective Range: Thrown: 10 m, Launched: 20-60 m.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Special Features:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Produces a 2 Kiloton explosion, the blast of which is limited in a particle field produced by the Baradium-357 charged explosive. Vaporizes everything within a 5-meter radius.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] +Extremely Powerful[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] +Easily Contained [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] +Compact Design[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]-Restricted to Special Operations use only[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] -Grenade Launcher Dependent Design[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] -Subject to Premature Explosion with Improper Handling[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Description:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Using a few micrograms of Baradium-357 surrounded by a tungsten shell, with the exterior space between the shell and the exterior of the grenade itself containing Rhydonium, a volatile fuel mined on Abafar. The antimatter core would be composed of a few micrograms of antiBaradium-357, so as to produce the annihilation reaction that would be the catalyst for the resultant explosion. The core of the device would be highly compressed, to produce increased mechanical forces from the explosion (i.e. shock wave, kinetic energy).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The device can be in grenade form, however, it's extremely restricted and is illegal for anyone other than military factions, and even then, only specialized groups within those factions, to be in possession of these devices. The yield of this grenade is approximately 2 kilotons, which is the yield of 2,000 tons of TNT. The annihilation reaction between the antimatter and its matter opposite occurs within nanoseconds of the trigger event, resulting in the immediate release of that 2 kilotons of energy, contained within a particle field produced by the Baradium-357. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The particle field traps in the effects of the blast within 10 meters. The affected area is simply gone, with no visible trace left behind, however there will be some harmless radiation left around the area for a matter of hours.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The device can be adjusted to fit designs for torpedoes, guided missiles, mines and tactical warheads.[/SIZE]

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Silas Miu said:
Manufacturer: Bastion-Apex Industries

Is this a new company (based on seeing the tags)? Or is this an existing company?

I'll need to have "Bastion-Apex Industries" linked to either the approved company submission or the canon company page on Wookieepedia before I can fully approve this, but we can hammer some other things out in the meantime.

In essence, this appears to be very similar to a thermal detonator for me in purpose and make-up, so I'm inclined to use that as a comparison for this weapon.

Silas Miu said:
Produces a 2 Kiloton explosion, the blast of which is limited in a particle field produced by the Baradium-357 charged explosive. Vaporizes everything within a 5-meter radius.

Silas Miu said:
The particle field traps in the effects of the blast within 10 meters. The affected area is simply gone, with no visible trace left behind, however there will be some harmless radiation left around the area for a matter of hours.

So to clarify, everything within the 5 meter blast radius is completely gone, but things between the 5-10 meter radius would be damaged?

I should mention that ultimately, the opposing writer will determine damage taken from this submission. It may mean that not everything within the 5 meter blast radius is destroyed.

As an example,the standard Imperial thermal detonator had a blast radius of 5 meters (in which it usually vaporized everything), but it only could vaporize up to 2 meters of solid permacrete (source).

The company for this weapon is currently in development, as it will be created by my group in the course of a long campaign thread. We're hammering out the details for the company right now, we just wanted to start getting some of the tech submissions approved so everything would run smoothly at that point in the campaign.

As for your thoughts about the weapon, that would be correct. The explosion only yields so much energy. Extremely dense or thick materials may not be completely affected, as the energy required to completely vaporize those materials may be too high for the yield of the weapon.

As for opposing characters, they would have a chance to either explain how they could get out of the 5 meter area, or, they could explain how the armor they're wearing could somehow thwart a good majority of the blast. I'd even be willing to say that the force could help them survive, but I'm unsure on that.

I'll get with my group soon to get the company posted and approved for use with our submissions.

[member="Silas Miu"], cool. It sounds like we're on the same page for damage with this device then.

If it's going to be a while to form your company and get it approved (more than 1 week), I will probably move this to the archive, but we can unarchive it when your company is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom