Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranded and Bored To DEATH (Open)

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Zim Jih'keta"] @[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

Last time, on Stranded and Bored to DEATH....

The ship was haunted. Elijah and Zim had spent a fair while roaming the ship, until they were locked in the ship's bridge. At that point, when they could finally escape, a cloaked figure had approached them - and, in moments, disarmed Elijah and had all means to do something about it. Enter Qae Shena, friend of the previous captain of the ship, and owner of the ship's precious cargo. He'd all but convinced Zim and Elijah to run the cargo for him-- nothing illegal, just dangerous-- to a location that he needed it. The price? Zim cold keep this rare, ultra-high-tech ship. Qae didn't need it.

"So. Do we have an accord?" asked the Nautolan, hands on his hips. now. This cargo needed to get where it was going, and soon - it was the first run of many. Besides, most smugglers would have killed for a ship this good. It was an amazing vessel and could handle more or less any situation required of it, with plenty of room for some custom mods, and maybe some added repairs.

If, that is, she wanted it.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@Zim Jih'keta @Elijah Rowlin

"Good!" Qae rubbed his hands together gleefully, flashing a big Nautolan grin. Yes. Good. This cargo was going to get delivered and all things being equal, things were going to be very much good for him. Good business, after all. And, of course, a ship worth literally millions for the lucky smuggler who ran the ship through the place that he needed it to go.

"These are supplies for the Mandalorians," Qae said by way of explanation. "After the Sith decimated their capital, I'm inclined to give them a hand. The supplies you have are for their rebuilding and to help them do something I very sorely hope they succeed in. So, being on Tatooine, here's what you'll do - take the Mara Corridor all the way to the far end. First, to Ryloth, then make all appropriate stops to Celanon. You'll be travelling through Confederacy, Black Sun and Sith Space, as well as Mandalorian space, so try not to linger too long. You shouldn't be stopped too many times if you're smart about how many hyperjumps you make. It'll be an easy run. This ship's one of the better ones," he added, with little more than a hint of a grin. "It's got a stygium cloaking device. Even the best patrol ships can't find it when it cloaks. Questions?"

Zim Jih'keta

Hotness Times 1,000
Zim smiled. "Piece of cake," she said. She'd been on far more risky runs with ships that didn't have an inch of protection or cloaking.
@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]
@[member="Qae Shena"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Elijah's brow rose sharply when he heard the destination. "Mandalore?? You do realize that we'd have to cut through Sith space, right?" Being a smuggler, he knew a good portion of the trade routes, and where they led. And the Mara corridor led deep into Empire territory, before finally coming back out into Mando space. "Do you have a contact on Mandalore whom we should talk to?"

A brow drooped in a skeptical frown. "Stygium? You know how rare those are?" But Zim seemed up for it...

"Alright, alright, you've convinced me. JK, we're going together - don't even think about trying to brush me off. You need a backup for this, and I'm here."

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Zim Jih'keta"] @[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

Qae just grinned mysteriously. "Oh, kid. If you knew how many ships I owned with stygium cloaking devices you'd probably poop your pants a little bit. Yes, they're rare. I've got contacts - friends in high places - all across the Galaxy in every corner. I can get my hands on as much stygium as I need." True, actually. Very true. He had contacts in almost every major government that let him get what he wanted. If he needed more stygium, then he'd get more stygium. Hell, his home was a star cruiser with a stygium cloak. You didn't see those out, period.

From inside his cloak, Qae extracted a piece of flimsi and gave it to Zim. "This is my contact's name, his comm code locally on Celanon, and generally his whereabouts. Tell him that Security sent him and he'll be able to contact me for his next shipment. There's no questions of payment left over, so this is literally dump and run. Once you offload the cargo, the problem isn't yours. And, no. Don't even try to double-cross me - I can track this ship, just so you know. I'll disable the tracker once this ship delivers its cargo. It's a fair deal, I think. You stand to make a multi-million credit investment for two days' work. Good, right?"

He looked at the two - now, they were both smugglers, really. "Any last questions?"

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@Zim Jih'keta @Elijah Rowlin

"Nothing. I don't need payment for this service. I don't need this ship - I've got better ones, and I prefer my freighter anyway. I'm too busy to make this delivery, so I'm getting you to make it for me. If anything, I'm paying you - with the rights to this starship. I think it's sufficient payment, don't you? One of the most advanced freighters in the Galaxy."

Qae was, at least, smart enough to know what to do with this. He knew how to pay people, how to draw their attention, how to appeal to money. He'd learned a lot across the dark side of the Galaxy and knew to put it to use. Now he just had to get them to make the delivery, and then the problem was solved.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"I don't know; this all just seems too good to be true."

Nevertheless, he said to Zim: "I'm heading back to my ship; I'll keep in touch, okay?"

With that, he left the room, and headed to the exit.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
With that, with Elijah and Zim's imminent departure, Qae could return to his own ship, parked nearby.

If Elijah was smart, he'd know the ship - an Animus assault courier, designed by the Lords of the Fringe, parked out on the desert sands. What was one of those doing all the way out here?

Mysteries, shrouded in enigmas. On the completion of the delivery, they'd have a ship, and the problem was solved. Qae would have reached out to the Mandalorians in doing so, the Galaxy would continue spinning, and all things would continue onwards.

fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom