Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start Your Engines (Open)

Sadran Simitri

S
Tatooine at a podrace

"Start your engines! On your mark, get set, GO!" The announcer screamed.

Sadran smiled as the podracers blasted by her. She pushed her long green hair from her face took a deep breath, this felt like home. The dry dessert air, mixed with thousands of screaming fans hoping and praying they bet on the right racer. Today was special, the races scheduled were made up of the best racers in the galaxy. Once a year they did this, to celebrate the anniversary of podracing on Tatooine. That meant that all of Tatooine was in celebration. Parades and vendors filled the streets and people led today with happiness instead of the usual dessert dread.

This year Sadran was invited to participate in the race, she couldn't refuse. Although she still didn't have her full memory back, being here felt right. She must have been a podracer before or they wouldn't have invited her to be a part of the race.

She stood with her podracer on the sidelines in the racer waiting area. She cleaned the surface of the cockpit and smiled, today she would win, she was sure of it. She had picked up her pod in a junk yard and fixed it up herself. Now fitted with a third engine on the back, a lifted cockpit for better visuals, and a few surprises for more fun. This machine would put on quite a show.

Once she felt happy with the presentation of her vessel, she sat on top one of one of the engines and surveyed the area. What would the competition be like today?

[member="Sadran Simitri"]

Tatooine was a overly sunny, and very hot place. It was so hot, Rayne was already beginning to dehydrate from sweating, but she moved on through a crowd headed towards an arena of sorts. It was a podrace today, and Rayne had never been to one before, or any race for that matter. She was always too busy on missions for her master, but now that he was gone, her new orders stated, to basically go search the galaxy for...something, anything. She pulled out a bottle of water, and sipped on it some before putting it back in her little pouch.

Master once said this place held a strong spot in his heart, but I dont see how anyone could enjoy this place.

Maybe she was still looking for clues as to where her mentor had went, or maybe she was actually hoping something amazing would happen here. The young woman pressed on, making her way through the awful crowd. The sound of roaring engines was overhead, she was almost inside the arena now. When she was finally inside, cool air blasted her face, bringing a smile along with it.

"Ahhh."

She said out loud. Her eyes searched all around observing the area. Racers were getting ready, others leaving, some coming back in. It was just overly lively here. Rayne's eyes than came across a woman with green hair sitting on top of one of the large engines that were attached to what looked like a chariot. Rayne moved over to it, wanted to get a closer look at the vehicle.

Titan

As the Echoy'la's pride was lowered, Katbiyre saw a few other racers, one of them a girl, and decided to see if any of them were in the Intergalactic Podracing League. "Hey, are you in the Intergalactic Podracing League?" He would asks those around him, with varying degrees of affirmation or negation. It had been a while since Katbiyre had been in a pod but flying was like shooting; once you learn, you never forget. Although he easily had the smallest pod, Katbiyre was sure it would put up a fight.

Sadran Simitri

S
Sadran lifted her head and looked around, she noticed a woman moving closer to examine her podracer, she smiled, it was always nice to see newcomers.

A man weaved his way through the crowd, she thought she heard him mention the Intergalactic Podracing League. She called out to the man, "I am, new to the group actually. My name is Sadran, you racing today?" She looked to what she assumed was his podracer, it was small but she knew never to underestimate any racer.

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]
[member="Rayne Silvara"]

Titan

"Yeah I'm racing, want to practice before the season opener. Don't want to lose that one, now do I?" Katbiyre took off his helmet, "Katbiyre Rekr, nice to meet you, what's your name?" <Hopefully she'll join the IPL, we need more members to succeed.> After she answered his question Katbiyre would gesture towards her pod, "That thing yours?"

[member="Sadran Simitri"][member="Rayne Silvara"]

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]

Rayne had no concept of what this Podracing League was, but she was certain it was some kind of group banned together for the sake of racing. The man coming behind her was massive in her eyes, but she ignored him, this had nothing to do with her. Instead her eyes marveled at the large engines this little thing was attached to. How did this even work?

"Freaking massive...how fast does this thing go?" She said out loud.

Sadran Simitri

S
Sadran jumped down off the engine and held out her hand to [member="Katbirye Rekr"] , "I'm Sadran, Sadran Simitri. And yes this is my pod, I will try to go easy on you today," She taunted and smiled.

She turned to [member="Rayne Silvara"] as she said "Freaking massive...how fast does this thing go?"

"Everyone's is different, I have gotten this thing over 700 kilos. What brings you to the race today?" She asked the women.

Rayne raised an eyebrow at the concept of 700 kilos. That was insane. She shrugged at the question to her being here. "I'm just watching. Nothing more. I'm not a racer." She moved over to the large engine the other woman sat on and looked up at her. "I bet the gs are intense."

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Ugohr was being given a free premium ticket for one podrace of his choice thanks to his Jawa XO giving him one premium ticket in the wake of the happenings on Malastare, and he chose to use said ticket on the Boonta Classic, the one go-to race where many would like to get their hands on a ticket for it. Of course, as a lieutenant in the Galactic Alliance's army, the Jawa spent entire salaries on wagers for podraces, sometimes losing, sometimes making it big. Today he would bring along a portable conservator where he would bring along some iced caf, at just the right temperature: Gungans usually feel uncomfortable in desert worlds without at least some liquid-filled canteen. He wore the dress uniform with one aiguillette on it, which was visibly designed for non-Gungans like the humans that provided many in the GADF.

"Anastasia Volzhin, one of the very few supermodels whose fame transcends Force alignment! Too beautiful to be true!"

"Who do you happen to be?"

"Korand"

"Mesa Ugohr Poof. Yousa da lady dat drank thirty-sevin portions of scotch on Bespin? Yousa bombad drinker, if yousa did drink so much"

[member="Rayne Silvara"] [member="Sadran Simitri"] [member="Katbirye Rekr"]

Titan

"Welcome lady's and gentlemen to the 2954th Boonta's Eve memorial race! For the first heat in lane one we have [member="Sadran Simitri"] in lane two we have Sorden Moavelick repersenting the Mandalorian Empire, in lane three we have Sol'yic Ramikad repersenting the Intergalactic Podracing league, Concord Dawn Arms and Concordian Cresent Technolagies, lane four is Segulda from Malastare also part of the IPL, lane five is Anz from Tattooine itself another member of the league, and in lane six we have [member="Rayne Silvara"]. The race will start in 15 minuetes." The Troig announcers voice resonated around the arena. "The heats favorite is Simitri who has won this before, though Ramikad is a close second."

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Was [member="Rayne Silvara"] another Ben Quadinaros that accepted to run on the Boonta Eve Classic only because she took a drunken bet? Or was there another Podracer pilot posing as her and race? That sort of drunken behavior would not fly on the Cademimu Classic, a gold-level race to be held next week on Cademimu. But the Boonta Eve Classic being an open race, even bronze-level pilots would be racing on what is rumored to be a gold-level circuit. To Korand, the question is how could the Boonta not be a gold-tier race...

"Mesa not one to pilot a Podracer: mesa hear dat many Podracer pilots were fighter or interceptor pilots devoid of dogfighting skills but that could nevertheless pilot"

"Utinni! This race calls itself an open but it has the danger level of a gold-level race?"

"Are you sure the Hutts didn't bribe the IPL?" Anastasia asked.

[member="Severence Rau"] [member="Rayne Silvara"] [member="Sadran Simitri"]

Titan

Severance walked up into the announcer's booth. "Just a reminder folks, this is not a official IPL sponsored race. The first one is next month." he would then walk back down. HE would then hop in his pod and wait for the race to start.

[member="Rayne Silvara"] [member="Sadran Simitri"] [member="Ugohr Poof"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom