Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starhawks and Starchasers

Living on Rendili had gotten Chi used to manufacturing and shipbuilding worlds, but Sullest still managed to be different. No doubt the atmosphere was the cause for much of the oddities the people living there had embraced as everyday, yet so far every planet had managed to somehow be unique and full of life while avoiding the cookie cutter template. Landing the corvette sized ship had been tricky for the mostly novice pilot, yet she'd managed to land the ship more or less center of the bay and the blue alien was now looking through a terminal's mechanic's section. She was trying to find someone small, preferably local, not one of the bigger corporate owned placed that always had questions and rigid rules.

There were a few, most seemed shady but one stood apart, a 'Starchaser Enterprises' caught her eye. The name reminded her of her own ship and seemed hopeful somehow. Silliness, she knew, she put it aside, firming her resolve. This was something that had to happen and she would do it. Finally she put in a request for them to come down and give her an estimate on defensive upgrades.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Alicia Frost"]

There was a lot of work to be done to the Rising, Coren knew that. He would get around to it, but first, he had an interesting thing cross his desk. And by desk, he meant it was sent to people he trusted to run the day to day ship modification orders from Starchaser Enterprises and they sent it on a secured channel to him. A Republic senator needed some work done. That’d be a very good reason to come out of hiding and see what he could do. The pilot nodded and took his freighter back towards Sullust.

When he arrived at the office, he was sent down to where the meeting was going to be occurring, to check out a VT-Starhawk and see what could be done about the upgrades. He had heard word of another pilot, [member="Alicia Frost"] coming to join him. Good, the more people that could be dealing with the other factions on a friendly manner? The better. It’d be good for team light side, and what was good for that, was good for the galaxy.

Making his way down to the hangar, he had his astromech following him and smiled as he saw the new ship ahead of him. “Miss Chuchi, right?” He offered his hand.

[member="Chi Chuchi"]

"Right in one." She replied to the man as she firmly reminded herself not to check his offered hand to see how dirty it was before reaching to take it. "Are you Mr. Starchaser?" His droid earned a curious glance but she didn't know much about them, just enough to realize it was an astromech which probably had some way of helping with repairs. "Before we really get into things I feel as though I should be upfront. I don't have much I could pay you with. Was actually hoping we could work out some sort of trade deal. Some of the guns I was thinking of removing recently sold at auction for two thousand seven-fifty each and I have four of them. They aren't common either from my understanding."

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Sparky was an annoying little droid, he was everywhere. He was also the best little droid, his dome spinning slightly every time she told him so. They'd made a bond since she'd saved him from Hoth, a bond that she hoped the little guy would share with Mr Tillian. [member="Roth Tillian"] had joined her as a co-pilot a few weeks prior, and she figured it'd be good to see what he could do on a ship before she set him loose on The Lucky Charm. That was one of the reasons she'd invited him, also because she struggled to fly the YT-1300 herself.

She chuckled, eyeing the cockpit slightly as both worked as a team to bring the ship into the bay. Sullest wasn't a great planet, it would kill you within a minute if you were not careful. She'd equipped both herself and Roth with small oxygen tanks they could carry in their pockets incase any fields fell and the toxic atmosphere swooped into kill them. All in all, a perfectly horrific way to die and an overall bad day in the office for anyone involved.

"Let's go see what's going down"

[member="Chi Chuchi"]

He nodded. The one thing about Coren was he didn’t go places he didn’t feel secure. One of the hangars that the Starchaser Enterprises people put aside always felt secure. It was family helping family. But with Coren’s family, they carried repeating blasters and sniper rifles. He didn’t think they were around here now, but one could never be too certain. He appreciated the politician being up front and nodded. “Let’s see what we can do first, then we’ll discuss. Can’t charge for work before its done, anyway.” He laughed. “Besides, what kind of ally would I be if I let a member of the Republic fly around in something less than worthy?”

A starship said a lot about a person.

“Where’d you pick her up?” He nodded to the ship that his astromech was circling, and scanning. A digitial representation always helped with the exterior of the vessel, and he’d get permission before checking the ship’s systems. But one had to know what their canvas was before they could turn it into a masterpiece.

[member="Alicia Frost"]
[member="Chi Chuchi"]

Him calling her a member of the Republic sent a shot of mixed feelings through her. Technically she was, but she didn't consider herself one in anything but name, not since the Sith took Rendili. But that was one of the things she meant to fix as Rendili's Representative with the help of this ship. "At the South Systems auction a few days ago Mr. Starchaser." She replied after only the barest of pauses. "As I said, I'm wanting to remove some of the weaponry and replace them with less power intensive systems. Either dual or quad lasers, I was hoping you could help advise me there though it might come down to what fits under the armored covers. I tested the current guns on some asteroids and once you start firing them the shields drop which I can't have, the armor's too light for it." It really bugged her that such a design flaw would be present on a released ship, especially one supposedly for Republic officials, it was something Camilla would never have let her yards release.
[member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Alicia Frost"]

Coren had zero issue with the Republic. They weren’t a government he directly supported, no, because he found Senates boring. But the Alliance and the Republic should really work on their handshakes. They were going to be able to do great things when it came to it. The pilot nodded at the politician, however, and was greeting her in the best ways he could.

Starchaser nodded as he directed the Representative over to a holo table. “Alright then.” The droid, Porter, made its way back over and jacked into the holotable. The ship, the VT-Starhawk was now shown in a graphic, and broken down into wire frame. “This is the ship, gun emplacements. Now, we want to remove those, I always recommend quad turrets, can slave them to the ship’s computer, and its targeting system. I’ll have to take a peak at it, to understand the shields shutting off, but we might just replace those too.”

Who let the ship do that? Or was it the firing power shutting them down. He wasn’t sure.

“Are you happy with the speed?”

[member="Alicia Frost"][member="Chi Chuchi"]

"I'd hope so," she said looking on the hologram rather impressed with the speed and detail of the re-construction. "As far as I'm aware its currently almost as fast as most fighters, I don't think I want to try pushing a ship the size of a corvette much faster." At least she was pretty sure it was listed on the new speed charts and not the older ones, would be rather embarrassing if that wasn't the case. "Here, these are the ones I want to replace," pointing out the two top-side and bottom-rear guns, she explained. "I'd like to leave the ventral bow gun, it has a great firing arc and can act as a surprise punch rather nicely. Especially with the launchers up front." Just hope nobody wondered why a diplomatic ship needed to be so heavily armed, the 'aggressive negotiations' joke had gone stale long ago. The gun covers should help with that though.

Having the computer control the guns sounded good to Chi, she knew she wasn't any good at it and this would lessen the crew required. "Lets do quads then if you think they're best."

Was waiting for Roth but heyo. You mind if he jumps in?

She stepped forward lightly, Sparky following behind her. She was late, she had no reason to be. She shook her head, strolling lightly into the meeting area. Her eyes darted to the ship instantly as she let out a whistle. It was a nice ship, one that she'd love to work with. She held her hands up, muttering some sort of apology as she eyed the diagram esc thing Coren had set up with Porter. She'd only ever spoke to the little droid once, but figured he'd make an alright friend for Sparky.

"Well, she's a thing of beauty. Well done on picking this ship up from where ever you got it from. The issue with the shields is something I can probably fix if you wish to keep the shields you have now. For a ship this size i'll probably be able to re-wire everything up to a main control board upon the bridge for ease of access. I'll also be able to set pistons on some gun covers to be sure any weaponry you want hidden remains hidden, again wired to the bridge. Anything else you need doing?" She asked lightly as she continued to eye the ship. It was a nice ship, but the Lucky Charm was better.

[member="Chi Chuchi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom