Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Galaxies: EMU

As a child, I always saw gameplay and heard amazing things about Star Wars Galaxies. I have always wanted to play it, but never had the money. Then, as soon as I start to grow up and get a source of income and want to play, SWTOR comes around and the SWG servers shut down. People are starting to resurrect this game with private servers now, which is awesome!

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

Does anyone here play this? If so:

-Does it work with Win8 and beyond?

-Is it worth buying the Complete Edition, or just get Empire Divided?

-I guess that there is no monthly sub, since it's being run by private groups now...right?

[member="StoneGlory"]

I've played on a few EMUs.

The majority play before the NGE - making the game harder, longer, etc, (think vanilla WoW but without levels.) The servers usually run on donations, as charging would be illegal and get them shut down by Sony.

Buy the Empire Divided. The Mustafar expansion, Wookie expansion, etc are usually not included the any of the EMUs. On the plus side, the RP is usually very good, and the communities tend to be tight knit.

It should work with Windows 8, as I ran it on such for about three weeks a few months back.

I suggest you just torrent Empire Divided. Finding a physical disk is a pain these days.

Kyla Foy

K
-Does it work with Win8 and beyond? Yes, if it doesn't directly work just play with your compatibility, but it should (Cause I played it on 8.1)

-Is it worth buying the Complete Edition, or just get Empire Divided? Empire Divided, they are updating it gradually in their own way.

-I guess that there is no monthly sub, since it's being run by private groups now...right? Well not private... but they are FTP yea aslong as you have the game

[member="Yuca"] [member="Rook"]

Thanks guys, gonna try to give it a go...i've never torrented anything illegally before, so if I screw it up somehow, which is likely, i'll just buy a copy on Amazon. This game looks AMAZING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom