Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Chaos : The New Generation

Micah’s eyes grew wide. That struck him as … odd.

“Me?” he said agast. Granted, with a full mouth that made it seem as if he had a rather mashed up mass of yellow eggs and sausage tumbling in there.

“Scary?!” that was so strange. He gave a frown, face scrunching up. Then she mentioned the eyes. He gave a twist of his lips, a bit glum. It was always the eyes. His sisters and he had them. His dad’s eyes. Bright orange and sometimes seemed as if they would glow.

“Oh. My those things.” he swallowed his mouthful of food. After licking his lips again he added, “Yeah… they do kinda get bright.”

“My sisters and I have our dad’s eyes. His are orange too. Only my mum has blue ones. Dad says it's cause our family is strong in the Force.” he told her. Taking the small juice pack, he took a sip, nodding an answer to her question.

“Yeah. Everyone starts somewhere. Tho’ you could already be good at stuff…. maybe how you disappeared,” his face scrunched up again, trying to remember how that all went down.

“Aela is good at running. I can find things. Maleah is good with animals. Kai…” he flashed a wide cheesy grin.

“She’s good at pooping.”

Which as a toddler, she was well adapt at that!

[SIZE=14.6667px]“It's alrigh’,” Vex replied, noticing his incredulous expression. “Just don't like being chased is all. Dun’ let anyone find my home. So when I looked up an’ saw those peepers in the hole…” she said, before trailing off. That wretched fear had paralysed her. Yet now having witnessed his easy going nature and generosity she felt quite embarrassed by the whole affair. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She tilted her head to one side. “I went ‘cause I tried to make you stop looking for me. Did’n work though,” she said with a small shrug. She was getting quite tired again. Her small nap hadn't fully rejuvenated her and just holding this conversation was taxing; it was by far the longest she'd ever held. [/SIZE]

“Well, that’s just ‘cause you took my saber.” Micah told her a bit apologetically, but not in the sense he regretted coming after her. He didn’t mean to scare her, but the wooden hilt was one he crafted with his dad on their solo trip to Kashyyyk.

“Me and my dad made that together.” he told her, “It’s special.” and he hoped she would understand that, much like she seemed to treasure her small box of knickknacks.

He gave a little frown, thinking about what [member="Vexen"] just described. That she tried to make him stop looking for her. That was when he had first felt the rush of the Force run through the diminutive form of the Defel.

“Is that what you were doing?” he asked with piqued interest. A thought came to him then.

“How were you trying to do it?” he would question further. Maybe she had a knack for that. Did she have formal training? Or did she just… do it?

[SIZE=14.6667px]Vexen shrank back in on herself as Micah spoke. She was still very young, and even though there was no beration, it still made her guts know up as he described how important the item had been to him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Sorry,” was all she managed for few moments, before letting out a little stuttered sigh. “Did’n know.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Still, he seemed more interested in what she had done to try and make him leave her alone than anything else. She idly scratched at an itch on the back of her neck and tried to sit forwards again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“I told you to forget me,” she said with a small shrug. “Normally works, most people stop lookin’” she huffed. “You kept comin’ though.” [/SIZE]

[member="Vexen"]

"It's okay. Now you know though." he reassured her. At the elaboration of her trick, he perked. "Is that what you did?" he scrunched his face, pondering that.

"Must be some sort of mind trick," he mulled over this. His mum was good at those. They would play around a bit with mindtricks, nothing fancy but he knew of them. Training with his mother was typically a game so it would stick.

Why didn't it.. oh!

"Oh! I know... maybe this is why." he set his fork down by his plate, and then began to fiddle with his shirt. Fingers would curl around a leather strap, where the Circlet of Salee, his very first creation ever, lay.

"Might be cause of this." he told her, pulling the leather strap off and over his head to show her. A small silver ring swung at the bottom of it, still warm from his skin. Didn't seem anything special, but the way he crafted it had been to ensure a higher resistance to mental tricks.

[member="Micah Talith"]

Vexen peered at the small object curiously. He didn't seem particularly annoyed at what she'd done. That was another pleasant surprise. Rajikk's anger could last for days, or even weeks, after she did something wrong. Kriff, but he was expecting her to bring him a collection soon. He'd be terribly angry if she didn't come with anything. Though she'd dropped off a few lost items before she'd met Micah, she supposed.

Mind trick. Seemed a simple enough description of what she did. She made them stop doing things, or believe lies, so it was something of a trick.

"Cos you wear a necklace?" she asked incredulously.

[member="Vexen"]

"yup!" He told her. Reaching forward he would gesture towards the pendant. "I made this with alchemy. " he began to explain, fiddling with the silver ring. "My dad and uncle taught me how to do it. With it you can made ordinary things be able to have neat properties." He let her play with it if she liked.

"It's also imbued with the force. It's supposed to help me protect my mind from getting confused or swayed by mindtricks. It isn't that powerful though. A master could go past it."

These were just some of the first trinkets Micah had a vested interest in making.

[member="Micah Talith"]

Vexen delicately took the necklace with her right paw. For a few moments she turned it back and forth, feigning an interest in it. She'd understood some of those words, but she had to replay them in her head a few times to try and find some meaning.

Alchemy, properties, imbued... her jaw would subtly shift as she tried them out in her head. Her mouth and tongue involuntarily made the shadows of words.

Sod it.

"What does im-bued mean?" she asked, passing it back.

[member="Vexen"]

“Oh.” Right. Probably would be best to explain things. His small face began to scrunch up, bright orange eyes slightly hidden behind the fringe of long unruly bangs.

“It means that you give it an extra effect for it to have. Kinda like.. helping it do things. I used the Force to give the metal of this ring the added benefit to help not get easily distracted by mindtricks. Kinda like how you can make people forget you? With training, you can imbue, or give that same trait to help increase your strength in it by adding it to something you wear.”

He paused.

“Kinda like a battery.” he hoped that made sense.

[member="Morningstaarr"]

Needless to say, things escalated QUICKLY!

The Force would give a cry of warning, and halfway through her mid chew of Nuna nibblit, the tiny hairs of her nape rose in awareness. "Get down!" She yelled out in warning, ducking down for cover under the bar. Debris flew everywhere, and so did her lunch.

Hands would cover her ears. Just what was that? There was little time to think. As the echo waned, Cho shot up. There were wounded people everywhere. Already the alarm was blaring as the patrons who could began to leave the area.

[member="Micah Talith"]

Vexen's eyes closed as she leant back in the chair. She yawned for a few seconds, canine jaws stretching wide and revealing a bright pink tongue juxtaposed with her inky black fur.

"I see," she said, barely above a murmur. Her mind turned to her quiet, dark little cave. She thought of the smell of the stained blanket and what it meant to her: safety, peace, quiet... solitude.

Some part of her, the part that had kept her alive all these years against the odds, was suspicious of his motivations. Yet he seemed genuinely kind. He also had plenty of food. Perhaps she could push her luck one more time before going back.

"I'm sorry, so tired. Could I just sleep here somewhere? Not for long?" she asked, ears flattened. She watched him for a moment before adding quietly: "Maybe if I could have something to eat after?"

[member="Choli Vyn"]
One person walked against the traffic of patrons leaving. He made his way into the destroyed bar and took something off of one of the corpses. He scanned the environment and began to walk away.

[member="Vexen"]

He didn't even hesitate.

"Sure!" the Talith youngling would say. "Did you want to sleep in my bed?" he would offer her. There was Maleah's bed and his mum's, but he wasn't quite sure his mum would be happy with that. She still had to have Kai with her, and that meant she needed the big bed to cuddle his younger sister with.

Aela... His face gave a slight grimace. Aela wasn't the sort to share.

"It would be more comfy than the bench." he told her a matter-of-factly. "Mum will be here soon, but she won't mind if you stay over."

[member="Morningstaarr"]

That was when Choli noticed him. Her eyes would narrow and her jaw tightened. Was he the one responsible? There were cries of pain and wounded all around her, but this one particular individual ignored them. Instead he would bend down and seemingly collected something from a prone body.

As he left, Cho made a decision. She would follow him.

Thus, with her Nuna nuggets left on the floor, the young brunette with all her cuts and scrapes did exactly that. Rising to her feet, she recalled the training under Knight Jacen Voidstalker.

Okay Cho! You can do this!

Sleeping on the incredibly soft bed should have been easy. She didn't know what the cushions at the head of the bed were for, so she curled herself into a ball on the top of the mattress.

She woke with a start several times in the night. Each time before she was fully conscious her brain noticed that the quilt didn't smell the same as her blankets, the thrum of the herdship's repulsors wasn't present. Each time she settled herself back down, pushed her divot back into the duvet and curled off and drifted back to sleep.

Eventually her body clock decided it was time to wake up. She found herself getting tentatively down from the bed on all fours, keeping herself low. Her nerves were jangling from waking in a strange location again.

Now what was to come? It had seemed rather cheeky at the time to ask to stay here for the prospect of another fresh meal. Perhaps she would let Micah mention it first. At some point she'd surely have to return to her abode again. Back to the solitude in the Hidden Places. She poked her head through the door to see if anyone else was up.

[member="Micah Talith"]

[member="Morningstaarr"]

Choli would not be deterred! She had a speeder just outside the cantina; a bit of a junkard, but it was a work in progress and it flew. May not be the fastest in the shop, but it did its job.

With a grunt, she hopped over the speeder, sitting down with a rush. A quick clamp and slid of her goggles in place, and the rev of the engine brought it to life. In a few moments, she gave chase.

[member="Choli Vyn"] Staar had looked in the rear view mirror when he saw the hunk of junk behind him. He didn't think it was following him at the time but he laughed at it. He continued flying until he got a warehouse in a slums. He got out of his speeder and walked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom