Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Star Wars Chaos & Real World Influences

We have had multiple conversations on Staff concerning IRL politics and IRL iconography influencing writers roleplay this month, so I’m reissuing a very public sentiment and raising awareness on the SWRP Staff Team’s stance so there is no confusion.

Yes, I expect real world influences on our writing.

Yes, I expect real world influences on our imagery.

Yes, I expect violent subjects of study, controversial subjects of study, morally ambiguous subjects of study, to be explored by our community’s writing. Star Wars explored it. We can explore it. We can expand on it.

But there is a responsibility to it. And I’m gonna be honest, amateur writers and roleplayers are usually pretty irresponsible, and roleplayers more often than not are pretty lackluster at reading the room for what is acceptable. Its almost a caricature, a universal roleplayer trope, to wield internet edginess in writing to gain notoriety, infamy or recognition by peers. While this is expected, it is less and less an excuse as the years go by.

A warning was pushed to MFOs at the beginning of the month, I’m issuing it now to the community at large - dont let your politics, hot takes, or just general need to display Nazis/Soviet uniforms in your pfps win the intrusive thought battle this year or any following year. I am pushing the Staff team more and more in every similar situation to not even inquire or warn, but to just permaban and move on. Aggrandizing Soviets, Nazis, Confederates, whatever hypothetical malarkey you’re bound to post in the comments - omega giga banned.

As demonstrated by my own past roleplay experiences and others, there are ways to write villains without plagiarizing Hitler or Stalin. Unfortunately, it is not Staff’s job to teach you how. Be transformative. Be Star Wars.

P.S. No, again, to whatever hypothetical you want to ask. Its a dumb question and you should feel bad for thinking it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom