Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lira Dajenn

L
stalker_by_exphrasis-d3k2c04.jpg

Credit
  • Name: Stalker
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Homeworld: Rattatak
  • Language: Growls, Hisses
  • Average height of adults: 1.5 meters
  • Average length of adults: 4.5 meters
  • Skin color: Black
  • Hair color: Black
  • Breathes: Type I

• Strengths:
[+]Mutations: The nature of the Stalker means that it is a genetic mutant. This means that it has both positive and negative mutant attributes. Though it is different on every single Stalker the general positive mutant effects are, increased strength, agility, and tougher skin. This generally means Stalkers are incredible predators that are tougher to kill than their Verinth cousins. It also means that Stalkers could look entirely different than their Vornskr genetic ancestors and Verinth Kin. The thing that makes the Stalkers such voracious predators however is the simple fact that above all they are persistent. They will hunt and continue to hunt until they physically no longer can, they also work purely on instinct rather than intelligence, unlike their Cousin the Verinth.
[+]Dead Mind: The Stalker for unknown reasons has a mind that is completely and totally untouchable by the force. When a mentalist reaches out to caress the Stalkers mind they find a void. This is clearly not a trick of being force dead as a Vong Biot would be, but instead a natural resistance to mental attacks or domination. The reason for this is unknown to Nemene, but is in fact quite simple. The Stalker is so driven and pushed by its natural instincts to hunt that other influences are blocked out almost completely, it is so voracious in its task that to most force users the Stalker seems dead. To Masters who have trained for years in beast mastery however there is a slight gap in the Stalkers mental void. With sufficient training and trial a Stalker can be controlled, though with difficulty.
[+]Enhanced Vornskr Attributes: Stalkers much like Verinth carry over a large amount of their Genetic Ancestors attributes. This means that they too hunt with the the capabilities of the force. Along with this their tail as well is filled with a dangerous paralytic agent and unlike the Verinth, Stalkers will utilize this at every chance they get, sometimes even harming themselves in order to do so. The tail however does not harm them with the paralytic, as they are completely immune. Instead in their tunnel vision to kill they end up whipping themselves with their tail instead of their prey, essentially just causing self harm.
  • Weaknesses:
[-]Mutations: As stated above the Mutations of the Stalkers can be both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes Stalkers are born with four legs, sometimes theyre born with eight. Sometimes their muscle density is massively strong while others are barely able to lift themselves from the ground. The nature of the Stalker means that their mutations can either be good or bad though more often than not their detracting mutations are an extra limb, a lack of two functioning eyes, and no ears at all, meaning that most Stalkers are deaf.
[-]Metabolism: Like the Verinth Stalkers have an extremely powerful and fast metabolism, in fact it is even faster than their cousins. In order to survive a Stalker must consume a size-able meal(about a human child worth of meat) every four hours, if it is not fed this the Stalker will begin to grow hungry, starving in only a 24 hour span if fed nothing at all. This starvation makes them incredibly easy to kill, once they begin to starve their movements slow, their muscles begin to atrophy and the venom on their tail becomes slightly less effective. These symptoms become worse and worse until the creature quite literally becomes nothing but skin and bones and eventually dies.
[-]Uncontrollable: The Stalker is completely and entirely uncontrollable. As stated before its mind is completely untouchable by the force, alongside this all means of training Stalkers through normal means have met with complete and utter failure. Stalkers are completely resistant to being whipped, punished, praised, or any normal training method used on a beast, their nature simply makes them impossible to control.
[-]Dumb: Stalkers are observably stupid. They are easy to trick and even easier to confuse by simple means. If one were capable of hiding themselves in the force for instant one would only have to hide themselves behind a corner in order to escape them. Of course if one cannot hide themselves in the force the Stalkers natural instinct will keep it hunting until its prey is dead, or somehow hides. It's sense in the force extends about fifty meters in a radius around the Stalker, escaping this is difficult but not impossible as getting it to trap itself beneath rocks, low over hangs, etc... is quite easy due to its mental capacity.
[-]Short Life Span: Like their Verinth cousins the Stalker is vulnerable to the same genetic defect of short life, with most only living 5-10 months if that.

• Distinctions:
The Stalker unlike the Verinth can differ in appearance greatly depending on many different factors. More often than not however the Stalkers appear to be hairless, mutated mammal like beings. Their spines stick out, their arms seem to jut at odd angles and they quite honestly look as though they had been cobbled together with different animal parts.

The one thing that always gives away a Stalker however is the unique shape of its head. For some strange reason a Stalkers head is very un-Vornkr like. Instead of being in the shape of a cat is resembles far more fish like attributes. The reason for this is unknown, though Nemene suspects that it is due to the mutated creatures bone structure being shifted during the embryo stage so that the Stalker has an easier time consuming its brothers in the womb.

What triggers the mutation to begin is also unknown.

• Average Lifespan: 5-10 months
  • Races: None
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Hisses, Growls
  • Culture: Mutant Culture.
  • Technology level: Mutant Kitty Technology.
  • General behavior:
Stalker behavior unlike the Verinth's differs greatly from a Vornskr.

Unlike Verinth's, Stalkers are creatures that are completely and entirely solo creatures. They do not work in packs and definitely do not work well with others. Stalkers are destructive mammals to the T. They will eat, drink, and kill anything that is around them. They seek out prey no matter the size and will attack anything that they can find.

Stalkers are generally uncooperative, stupid, and highly destructive. Their nature is such that no one can say a Stalker will ever be helpful to anything. All the creature wishes to do is destroy, even to the point of causing self harm.

This extends to all things, even their makers. Stalkers are uncooperative, threatening, and generally a pestilence on society. There is no training them, no teaching, no guiding. They will attempt to kill any and all who are around them, even their creator.

• History:
Nemene as of late has quite enjoyed with the playing of genetics and the creation of clones, because of this and her Sisters love of beasts and all thins wild life Nemene has decided to create a being of her own as a gift to her Silent Sister and their years together.

The Queen of Rattatak began with a large pool of creatures that she could breed, eventually she settled on one creature that was the perfect hunter of Jedi and Sith, the Vornskr. The irony of her hated of Kaine known as Darth Vornksr was not lost on her but she decided to ignore this and continue on anyway. Nemene took a couple of these beasts, buying them on the black market and bringing them back home to Rattatak.

Here she began the long work of learning everything and anything she could about the Vornksr. She dissected dozens of them down to the cell, took apart their brains, muscles and anything else until finally she completely mapped their genetic code. From there she began to play with their DNA, changing things slightly, adding attributes from other animals and splicing different things into Vornskr make-up. She would then use this new genetic code to create an embryo of her new creature and implant it into a female Vornskr.

She did this dozens of times until finally one of the Vornskr gave birth to a creature she dubbed the Verinth.

From there it was all trial and error in breeding more. She eventually managed to breed a second Verinth and from there she began the culling of an entire species. Finding that Verinth bred rather quickly and had fruitful litters was a delightful surprise, though up to a point. Around the sixth litter of Verinth that came into being Nemene found that something had gone horribly wrong in her machinations with Vornskr DNA.
For some Strange reason every so often one of the Verinth cubs would be horrible mutated, containing no fur, paler skin, and dozens of other mutations that were too horrid to describe.

Nemene documented these new creatures, dubbing them Stalkers. The Stalkers were wildly different than their Verinth brothers. Unlike Verinth, Stalkers were completely independent. They killed their brothers and sisters in the womb causing only the Stalker to survive. They would eat and kill anything and everything around them, they were wildly destructive and curiously their minds were complete blanks in the force. When Nemene had Evelynn try to control one of the creature it reacted poorly, lashing out and trying to kill the two sisters with all its might before eventually being killed by Nemene.

Though one in fifty Verinth turned out to be a failure Nemene still dubbed the experiment a success. Having created her own species of apex predators Nemene found herself well pleased and began a breeding program to encourage the creation of more Verinth hoping to eventually eek out their flaws and make them a true unique species in the galaxy.

Because of this the Verinth every so often produce a Stalker. The Stalkers are taken, brought to the pits and used there to fight gladiators and slave for grave entertainment. Though the Two Sisters have other things in mind for the beasts as well.

• Notable Player-Characters:...Really?
  • Intent: To continue the expansion of creature Evelynn and Nemene utilize in both the Cauldron and outside in the galaxy as well as to utilize Nemene's knowledge in genetics and cloning.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Greetings, [member="Nemene Talith"] I shall be your judge for the evening.

Let us begin with Strengths and Weakness,
In section Strength, paragraph Mutations, can you please elaborate on how they are incredible predators if one of their weaknesses is being dumb, most of them are deaf, and easily tricked into thinking that their prey escaped? What do they do that allows them to overcome those weaknesses and be such splendid predators?

For Dead Mind, please explain why they have that feature, especially since their original forms, the Verinth, lack that feature, so please explain why they would have that characteristic other than "Reasons unknown". Also, please explain what do you mean by "completely and totally untouchable by the force." and how that goes along with their ability to hunt within the Force, does it limit their abilities in any way?

For Enhanced Vornskr Abilities, can you explain how exactly do they harm themselves with their tail? Are they immune to their paralytic agent, does it affect them only slightly, or completely paralyzes? I'm assuming they are immune, but I would prefer that it was written on paper rather than just assume things.

Now, for Weaknesses,
For Metabolism, could you elaborate on how their hunger affects them physically? Whether it has no effect or causes them to grow weaker or slower as they get hungrier to conserve energy.

For Dumb, can you elaborate on what is the range in which they can sense their pray in the Force around the corner? How long would their victims have to run and disappear out of view before the Stalkers would be fooled?

Also, have these experiments been performed in a thread ICly? If so, could you provide a link for me to this thread?

Tag me for any questions or once you are done editing.

Lira Dajenn

L
I attempted to clear up your statements as best as I could.

Mutations: I stated that the Stalker mostly work on predatory instinct rather than intelligence, meaning they're relentless in their pursuit rather than cunning predators.
Dead Mind: I think I went about this incorrectly. Rather than having them be “force dead” of the mind I intended for them to be naturally resistant to mental attacks like the Epicanthix Species. This has been edited.
Vornskr Abilities: I edited this to make clear that they essentially just whip themselves with their tail stingers.
Metabolism: Cleared up what actually happens when they starve
Dumb: Again I didn't make this quite clear. They're essentially just supposed to be stupid and I didn't quite know how to articulate this. Basically if you put a Stalker into a maze with a screaming child at one end instead of following the maze like a Verinth would the Stalker would try to bash its way through the walls to reach the child quicker, even though it can sense the child in the force. I tried to articulate this in the weakness

And lastly no there are no threads of these experiments. However there are a few threads where Nemene learns how to clone things, about genetics and the manipulations of such things, etc...
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Nemene Talith"]
Alright, don't worry about the threads, I was just asking out of curiosity,

Edits look all good, but I would still like to see explained in the submissions what is the reason for the Dead Mind, why should they have that ability if Verinth do not? I understand that this is not something discovered In-Character and you can specify that to avoid meta-gaming while explaining it OOCly, submissions are always from the "Godly" perspective, meaning everything should be known to the reader.

Good news is, that would be the last edit I would ask for the Strengths and Weaknesses,

For General Behavior, could you elaborate on how the Stalkers behave towards Nemene and any other workers that handle them? I realize it's mentioned in the History but I would like to see it said in General Behavior as well in case somebody is only skimming over the submission or misses it in History :p

Other than that, I don't really see anything that needs editing in the history, so you should be good to go after these edits.

Lira Dajenn

L
Edits have been made. Instead of making the Stalker special through evolution i have simply decided to make one of its weaknesses a subtle strength, essentially just saying its stupidity and pure instinct make it so influencing it with the force is impossible. I hope you can agree with this method, though if it bugs you i can twist a genetic cause within reason.

I also edited the General behaviors :)

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Nemene Talith"]
Ok, General Behaviors are good, so you can take that off your mind,

I checked with other judges for their opinion, lower intelligence in creatures usually means their minds are easier to manipulate through the Force, and void of intelligence means non-life, unless you're a jellyfish, apparently, they have no brains or nervous system, who knew?
But yeah, too low intelligence to be controlled through the Force doesn't really work, you'll have to find another approach to explain it.

But at least that's the last thing to edit, at least on my part, so almost there :p

Lira Dajenn

L
What if i changed it that it wasn't their intelligence but rather their naturally powerful instinct to kill/hunt? A perfect example of a creature that's not super intelligent but difficult to control with the force would be a Drexl. They're not particularly smart either but controlling them is nearly impossible. Would this tweak work?
[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Nemene Talith"]
Oh, I like that, it will be fine with me if you mention that like the Drexl, a Master-Level Force User with mastery in mind-affecting techniques, like Darth Bane in Drexl's example, would be able to control a Stalker with difficulty.

How does that sound?

HK-36

[member="Nemene Talith"]
Alright, I hereby give this submission my blessings,
Pending secondary approval.

Thank you for your cooperation as the writer of first submission to be judged by me, and don't forget to tip your waitress Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom