Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech STA Peacebreaker Heavy Blaster Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macharius Solaire

M
quad_blaster.gif
'The Peacebreaker'​

Image Source: Source
Intent: Galactic Sales
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Denon Stahl Arms
Model: STA Peacebreaker Heavy Blaster Pistol
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Aluminum, Plastic, Blaster Components
Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 38.2 cm
Weight: 2.4 Kg
Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity:

Power pack capacity: 50 shots (You only have 25 trigger pulls because it shoots twice in one go. Remember this.)
Gas canister capacity: 350 shots
Effective Range:

Optimum: 50 m
Maximum: 85 m

Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic
Special Features: Two barrels with a delayed shot from the lower.

Description: The first true weapon produced under the companies name. Designed for nothing other than fightin' and killin'. CEO Macharius Solaire asked his chief weapons designer to make something big, powerful, intimidating and able to kill Sith. The Peacebreaker is what came from that request. A gunmetal black, scoped, twin barrel heavy blaster pistol so big they put a forward grip on it for the pansies to use.

The main feature is its dual time delayed shot. The upper chamber fires first, and a fraction of a second latter the second lower chamber shoots its bolt to trail immediately behind the other on a slightly different trajectory thanks to position and recoil. Firing delay is controlled by a computer. The whole purpose being a lightsaber wielding enemy would have a much tougher time deflecting two bolts, on two paths, with a very slight delay between them. The effects of this would also be able to be magnified by dual wielding two of these blasters. And possibly the element of surprise. The other great thing is being able to hit non saber wielding enemies with two bolts for twice the stopping power.

It comes with a price though. The extra barrel, components and grip add weight, already being a heavy pistol, this may tire the users arms faster. And may add a difficulty aiming with one hand. The other detriment is that with firing two bolts with a single trigger pull. It eats through its ammunition faster. So while its power cell may hold a charge for fifty shots, the user only has twenty-five pulls of the trigger before they have spent their cell. Users must take care to remember this. An EMP may damage the timing computer, causing the under-barrel to not delay, but it will still remain functioning after any disrupting effects disipate. An Ion blast hitting the weapon would render it useless, disrupting its energy flow and melting fuses, and possibly other damage. Requiring time consuming repairs that can not be done on the battlefield. Do try to not let the weapons get hit though.

The power cell is located in the pistol grip of the weapon. With its release button located on the right hand side, behind and above the trigger. The gas canister is a rectangular box cartridge located ahead of the trigger. Removable by squeezing the back end and pulling down. Both of these are plug and play, needing no action after reloading to fire again. A x2 scope is permanently mounted on top for precision aiming. The under barrel grip is meant to aid the user heft the gun if they are so inclined. It is adjustable to three positions by a locking screw.

Primary Source:

Netherworld

Under review.

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Nice sub all around, I see nothing that would jump out at me here.

I'd just ask you to add a small note under the ammo capacity, about the user effectively having only 25 shots (for ease of finding, nothing more)

Macharius Solaire said:
Firing delay is controlled by a computer.
Going by this, what would happen if an EMP or Ion blast hit the weapon? Does the blaster as a whole become useless, or can the user fire from the top barrel only?

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Netherworld"]

Curse these EMP's and Ion Blasts. They're out to get me technology!

I could use my knowledge of electrical systems to relay power down a second path if the main route is lost. Simple redundancy to retain firing function of the second barrel but without the delay. But I've been up for too many hours and don't feel like using my college knowledge to do that. So I'm gonna throw the word hardened in there.

So I'll add that and the other thing and call it a sub.

Netherworld

I'm sorry, but if you want this baby to be immune to EMP and Ion blasts you're going to have to do a short dev, something like 10 quality posts.

Without a dev thread, the blaster remains susceptible to EMP and Ion, but I can stamp it immediately.

Tag me when you decide. :)

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Netherworld"]

Ahh. Changed my mind. Send it through. I'll put out an upgraded version int he future if I feel like.

Netherworld

If you aren't doing the dev for immunity, please edit into the description the cosequences of the blaster being hit by an EMP or Ion blast, and then I can stamp this. :)

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Netherworld"]

Edited. Stamp the seal of approval if you are good with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom