Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ST-MR-1 Missile Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
gwdgieX.png
Image Source: http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_Blaster_Rifle http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_rocket
Intent: Long-range weapon created for production and sale by Star Tech.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Star Tech
Model: ST-MR-1
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Removable mount.
Production: Limited (must be purchased front storefront and can be used by all PCs and important NPCs)
Material: Titanium
Classification: Blaster Rifle/Missile launcher
Size: Handheld
Length: 1 metre
Weight: 4 kg
Ammunition Type: Power cells, plasma cartridges, missiles.
Ammunition Capacity: 100 (power cell), 500 (plasma cartridges), 5 (missiles).
Effective Range: Equivalent to standard blaster rifle/standard missile launcher.
Rate of Fire: Rifle function is fully automatic. Missile launcher is pump action.
Special Features: Missile launcher function with built in blaster rifle. The primary trigger activates the blaster rifle. The handle for the user's non-dominant hand also acts as the pump for the missile launcher. Once pumped, the launcher can be activated using the secondary trigger (below the primary). The launcher cannot be used at the same time as the rifle. The weapon has an electronic viewfinder which will automatically lock onto the most threatening target in sight. The user can adjust the viewfinder settings to choose which type of enemies to target (e.g. Strong weaponry, strong defence, strong force user, starship etc). While using either functions of the weapon, when the trigger is pulled the weapon will fire at whichever target the viewfinder is locked onto (this feature can be disabled). To reload the rifle, the user would have to remove it from the missile launcher to replace the power cell/ plasma cartridge. This would not take a long time but it would leave the user exposed for a few seconds. The missile launcher is simple to reload as there is access from beneath. The weapon can be mounted onto turrets or star-ships with a retractable and removable mount.
Description: Ideal for assassinations and shooting from small Starfighters or speeders (under 10 metres). It would not be effective in close quarters and if someone wielding this weapon was attacked at point blank, it would provide a highly inefficient defence. Although handheld, it is quite a bulky unit and is not very mobile so it is recommended that it is mounted on a star-ship or tower. Star Tech developed the weapon design by combining powerful firearms to create an ideal long-range weapon. This was done by a team of highly skilled product developers working on Coruscant under the supervision of Raylan Aviar.
Primary Source: N/A

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon
  • Pending initial review
Starwars Chaos
  • Pending initial review
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
  • Pending initial review
WITH DEV THREADS
  • Pending Initial review
SUGGESTIONS
  • Pending Inital review

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
[member="Raylan Aviar"],

I will be judging your submission today.

First off, Can you please link me to your company in the respective field.

Raylan Aviar said:
Manufacturer: Star Tech

Raylan Aviar said:
Special Features: Missile launcher function with built in blaster rifle, has an electronic viewfinder. The viewfinder will automatically lock onto the most threatening target in sight. It can be mounted onto turrets or starships.
So from your words here, This is a rocket launcher, with an above attachment of a blaser rifle. Very cool idea. So to keep everything nice and neat, please answer these questions I have in the description.
  1. How did your company come up with this type of technology?
  2. How does the weapon work? Can you fire one, or both at the same time?
  3. How would one reload this weapon? Would it be difficult to reload it in the middle of a battle?
  4. Explain how this can be mounted onto vehicles and ships?
  5. What size of "ships" are we talking about?

Raylan Aviar said:
Ideal for assassinations and shooting from flying ships. It would not be effective in close quarters and if someone wielding this weapon was attacked at point blank, it would provide a highly inefficient defence. Although handheld, it is quite a bulky unit and is not very mobile so it is recommended that it is mounted on a starship or tower.
I very much like the weakness you added in here. Close quarters would not be best. However, what was the company's reasoning behind making this weapon?

From what I can see in the image that you have provided, you are taking a RPG, and a stormtrooper blaster rifle attached on the top. Why attach it onto the top instead of simply making an underbarrel attachment on a blaster rifle to produce the same effect that this weapon could do?

Thank you.

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
Raylan Aviar said:
from small ships (under 300 m)
I would like to note that 300 meters is considered a frigate, or a very large cargo freighter. Since you mention that this weapon can be held and mounted, I would like you to lower that to a starfighter sized and smaller vehicles that this can be mounted onto. A ship over the size of a freighter will have its own armaments already on the ship.

Raylan Aviar said:
The weapon has an electronic viewfinder which will automatically lock onto the most threatening target in sight. While using either functions of the weapon, when the trigger is pulled the weapon will fire at whichever target the viewfinder is locked onto (this feature can be disabled).
Can you please explain how this viewfinder would lock onto the most threatening target? And by most threatening, do you mean size wise as in a larger ship, faster ship? or even just a powerful force user? Please add some more information into this.

Raylan Aviar said:
10 (missiles).
Considering this is a missile launcher, with what I would consider to be prototype technology, can you limit this down to about 4-6 rounds? 10 rounds is a lot for a RPG. Real world equivalents only hold about 2-3 missiles for a military grade Missile launcher. 10 is a little excessive.

Raylan Aviar said:
Production: Mass produced
With the tier of your company at a basic level 2, I don't see how you can make a weapon like this on a mass produced scale. Could you limit this to limited, and mention that it must be purchased from your storefront, or that only PC's and notable NPC's can use this?

Raylan Aviar said:
To reload the rifle, the user would have to remove it from the missile launcher.
I know I may be nitpicking here, but removing the rifle is not reloading the weapon. I like the idea that for you to reload it you must remove it, however, is it just removing the blaster portion, and then replacing the powercell?

Raylan Aviar said:
Once pumped approximately 5-10 times, the launcher can be activated using the secondary trigger
What is this pumping action for? With most modern weapons such as a pump action rifle/shotgun, its just one pull, and one push motion to send a round into the chamber of the weapon. Can you explain why you would need at the least, 5 pumps to reload the launcher portion of this weapon?

Thank you for working with me on this. And I agree, the gun looks rather cool. A very interesting concept. Lets just work this out so we can see this become the fruit of your labors.

[member="Raylan Aviar"]

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
Zephyr Carrick said:
What is this pumping action for? With most modern weapons such as a pump action rifle/shotgun, its just one pull, and one push motion to send a round into the chamber of the weapon. Can you explain why you would need at the least, 5 pumps to reload the launcher portion of this weapon?
Raylan Aviar said:
Once pumped approximately 3-4 times (to balance the power of the weapon)
So how is this to balance the power of the weapon? Is it to charge up the energy to fire the rocket? Please add more detail.

That should probably be my last question, but if I find anymore, I will let you know.

Thank you for working with me on this to create you weapon.

[member="Raylan Aviar"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom