Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SquadBuddy Combat Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
5a4e88ceef8a52ca5463c53a271f19d7.jpg
Image Source: Pintrest
Intent: A companion droid for RMIA's soldiers and the soldiers they train.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Industrial Automaton
Model: SquadBuddy Droid Mk IV
Affiliation: Raxis Mercenaries and Independant Arms
Modularity: Moderate; weaponry may be exchagned as needed for those of equal firepower to the mission; scanners my be exchnged and upgraded.
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Quadranium steel, blaster parts, droid parts
Classification: Fourth Degree
Weight: 90kg
Height: 1.5 meters
Movement: Repulsorlift
Armaments:
--repeating blaster cannon
--Retractable Vibroblade
Misc. Equipment:
--Cargo area: Be it extra explosives, bullets, food, water, or whatever is needed, this droid can carry 317 kg (700 lbs) of cargo.
--Comms unit: this droid phones home.
--Scanners: This droid scans the local area within 100 meters.
>>Bioscanners
>>Electromagnetic
>>Ultraviolet
>>Infared
>>Sonar
>>Radar
--Re-enforced hull: This droid's body is made from Quadranium steel, its pretty strong.
--Re-charging dock: For your comm units, armor, power packs, or whatever you need. If it can charge and plug in, this droid can donate its energy to it.
--Faraday Cage
Strengths:
++Long Battery life: This droid is designed to accompany soldiers into the thick and the dense forestry for long periods of time. Its battery lasts 72 hours. In case that fails, the droid can deploy its retractable solar panels and recharge over three hours (Alternately, the team could pack extra batteries)
++Loyal: This droid will follow its squad to the ends of the galaxy without question.
Weaknesses:
--Lacking Intelligence: While this droid is loyal as a dog, strong, and powerful... it lacks a lot in the processing power. It takes commands but doesn't really think for itself.
--Slow: This droid's max speed is only as fast as the average human can run.
--Heavy: Without this droid's repulsorlifts up and running, moving this droid requires real muscle.

Description:
A squad can only carry so much gear before they become encumbered. Even the most fit of beings cannot carry heavy loads for long, and honestly there are a lot of scenarios where a speeder is beyond impractical--such as a dense jungle or a stealth operation.

Furthermore, with the advancement of warfare to the inclusion of droids, it is not uncommon to see metallic counterparts fighting alongside their organic counterparts. Sadly, many can do little to assist their team in long-haul situations to unencumber their crew and keep them fresh for the fight to come.

The SqaudBuddy is designed to help fill all these lacking holes. First, the droid's camera feed is designed to feed into its squad's helmets, providing an extra set of eyes to real situations. This allows the droid to scout ahead in dangerous situations where ambush or IEDs are probable. Second, the droid is able to carry the weight of two effective soldiers or more, thus either allowing them to carry more into the battle zone. The droid does come equipped with a repeating blaster cannon and retractable vibroblade, allowing it the chance to help its soldiers in the most dangerous part of the mission--the firefight itself. In the event that things go sour, the SquadBuddy's extended comm unit allows its squad to call for whatever it needs, while its local comm allows the squad to give it instructions in distances or circumstances where the squad could not be heard.

However, for all its grandeur, the SquadBuddy lacks organic intuition and therefore is worthless out of its support role. It cannot make decisions on its own, when there are no orders, it will wait and fulfill the last one, or follow their squad loyally, whichever applies logically.

Primary Source: None

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Ardgal Raxis"], while I don't see this submission as gamebreaking, I think it has a lot of extra features built into it, especially considering that Raxis Mercinaries and Independant Arms does not have droid-manufacturing listed as one of its operations. Because of that, I'd like to see a 10 post development thread for this submission.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"], can I get a little bit more detail about this put into the description? Are we talking about mild, naturally occuring EMP disturbances found on some worlds? Or are we talking about resistance to EMP and/or ion weapons?

I looked over this again, and I still believe that this will need a 10 post development thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom