Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Split wing T-90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
HwdABwq.png

joshua_viers_02.jpg
Image Source: http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptships/2015/joshua_viers/joshua_viers_02.jpg
Affiliation: The New Republic / Closed market
Manufacturer: Inquisition Industries™
Model: Split Wing T-90
Modularity: Ammunition for Railgun (must be linked)
Production: Mass
Material: quadrainium steel
Classification: Starfighter
Length: 12m
Height: 4m
Width: 6m

Armament: 10
Blaze Railgun
KX12 Laser Cannons (4)

Defenses: 10
flairs (6)
Deflector shields
4x-phantom short range sensor jammer
Em-shielding

Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:
Life support
S-foils
Subspace communications antenna
Spotlight
Maneuvering jets
Z7-Droid brain

Maneuverability Rating: 2.5
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
Fighter to fighter combat - Taking inspiration from X-wing models T-70 and T-85 they where designed for both fighter and bomber attacks; The split wing T-90 has been made specifically starfighter to starfighter combat making it slightly different. Weapons and other packages have been installed to give it the edge in combat.

No more astromech - the use of an astromech droid has become outdated and unreliable. Quite often in combat the droids would become damaged or outright blown off. In replacement the Z7-droid brain has been installed to take over the purpose of the astromech giving the pilot an ease of mind that their companion won't be scrap.

Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)

No more bombing runs -
While the Blaze Railgun has been installed it has taken up the room of where the proton torpedo launcher and underslung blaster cannon used to be. This has taken away the ability to assault larger ships with a bombing run. But the ability to take out point defence hasn't been taken away.

Susceptible to jammers - while the ship it's self uses jamming technology it hasn't been equipped to deal with anything that will mess with it's own sensors or communication. If used against the ship the pilot will have to resort to old classic dog fighting with the loss of communications and targeting computers.

Description:

The Split wing T-90 is similar to the X-wing verient of starships taking a lot of inspiration from it's design and it's abilities on the field. Although this model has a more sleek and now design for today's starfighters. Although unlike it's siblings this is the odd one out for a few reasons. This model has been stripped of it's bombing capabilities to focus more on fighter to fighter combat. In doing so it now has less weapons but it makes up in fire power.

To aid in combat the starfighter has been equipped with sensor jamming technology and flairs. In the scenario the pilot is been persued by an enemy starfighter they will have to manually target the Split wing T-90 by feeling and instincts. This also can effect laser guided missiles making it less likely of a hit. In case heat speaking missiles are used the Split wing T-90 has a limited amount of flairs for urgent situations. Other wise the pilot can use evesive maneuvers aided by the droid brain and maneuvering jets.

Primary Source:

Affiliation changed from "Open Market" to "Closed market"

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

hey so the weapons load is way too big

Sanya Val Swift said:
Blaze Railgun KX12 Laser Cannons (4) Dual projectile launchers • mag-pulse warheads (6) (standard)
Sanya Val Swift said:
4x-phantom short range sensor jammer Em-shielding
these are all weapons and add up to a total of 13 weapons on a frame designed for 8 weapons.

Sanya Val Swift said:
No more bombing runs - While the Blaze Railgun has been installed it has taken up the room of where the proton torpedo and underslung blaster cannon used to be. This has taken away the ability to assault larger ships with a bombing run. But the ability to take out point defence hasn't been taken away.

you have no warhead launchers as a weakness but have warhead launchers included in the armaments

Sanya Val Swift said:
Dual projectile launchers • mag-pulse warheads (6) (standard)
you will have to remove these to make the weakness valid.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Reshmar"]

I'm not sure how a jammer adds up to armaments since as I've always understood armaments are for things that cause damage.

Reshmar said:
you have no warhead launchers as a weakness but have warhead launchers included in the armaments
I forgot put launcher in there. Also I added in the dual projectile launcher to deal with other starfighters.

I've dropped the duel projectile launcher to a singular missle launcher and it's carry capacity of missiles.

Would upping it's size slightly allow me to keep what weapons are there and by how much if it's a yes?

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]
hey so I still need an armament and defense rating on this.

Sanya Val Swift said:
No more bombing runs - While the Blaze Railgun has been installed it has taken up the room of where the proton torpedo launcher and underslung blaster cannon used to be. This has taken away the ability to assault larger ships with a bombing run. But the ability to take out point defence hasn't been taken away.
this weakness is not viable as long as you have warhead launchers on the fighter

the armament payload is still too heavy. the blaze raingun counts as 4 lasers, then you have 4 lasers, then you have 2 warhead launchers.

so options you have are
take off the rail gun or the missile launchers
make production limited remove the above listed weakness and give me another solid weakness.
Do 20 posts of development to keep all the weapons and mass production.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Reshmar"] I'm not good with ratings if you could advise me what it should be it would be much appreciated.

Also removed missile launcher. Added in modularity for ammo type for rail gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom