Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Spintiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCC Info:
Intent: To provide a fairly large near human species
Image Credit: NA
Links: None Current
IC Info
Name: Spintiri

Designation: Sentient

Home world:
Spintir

Language: Spintiron

Average Lifespan: 125

Estimated Population: Planetary

Description: Spintiri are a near human species from the planet of Spintir. They are taller than the average human and stronger than them as well due to years of spelunking and climbing. They live longer than most humans and a more limited range of skin colors, due to the limited number of people who arrived in the first place.

History: During the Mandalorian Wars, the members of several small clans retreated after being defeated in minor, unimportant battle, with the clans’ only hyperspace capable ship was damaged, they were forced to jump to the only star system in range. Upon arriving there, fearing Jedi attacks, they destroyed their ships and used the materials to make more weapons. Fighting off creatures born of the planet, many lost their lives until it was decided that new leadership was needed so they devised a test to determine their next ruler. [See Religion Section Below] However while waiting those with similar beliefs united and factions arose, including the Magic Wielders, the Warriors, the Pacifists and so on, with each favoring a leader from their own group. But eventually they went underground deciding to live near the Cave of the Sword. Then people from above discovered their home, transforming it into a wealthy trade world. But when the Gulag Plague struck, most of the people in the cities in villages died, once again leaving only the Spintiri who were isolated in the mountains. And as the 400-year darkness fell over the galaxy, Spintir was forgotten. Eventually the cold killed the virus as there were no new hosts, and the Spintiri decided to investigate what had grown in their absence. But when the Netherworld event happened, further anarchy fell. Fortuently, when, after almost 5000 years, someone succeeded in the test, they united and harnessing the technology they had they militarized and retook the lands as their kingdom, with the Magic Users finding the
Dawn Temple and the Caves of Light and Shadow
and studying them. Eventually a convoy of scavengers stumbled across the world and was killed, but their hyperdrives were studied and reverse engineered, and the Spintiri factories turned out ships capable of Hyperspace travel, and they spread out among the stars.
Breathes: Type 1

Average Height of Adults: Female: 6.5 Feet; Male: 7 Feet 7 Inches

Average length of Adults: NA

Skin Color: Ranges from ghostly pale to a dark tan

Hair Color: Runs the gauntlet from White to Black

Distinctions:
-Taller than average human
-Strong
-Imposing size

Races: None

Strengths:
-Large Size: Their height allows them to reach places other beings couldn't and are naturally more intimidating than normal humans, especially the warrior class.
-Battle Mind: Spintiri are particularly adept at tactics
-Strong: Working as mountaineers, soldiers and spelunkers has made them stronger
-Good Hearing: Spintiri have excellent hearing
Weaknesses:
-Slow Metabolism: While their slow metabolism allows them to go longer periods without eating, it also keeps poisons in their system for far longer than most other species
-Size: While it can be useful their size can be a hindrance when it comes to things like hiding, or attempting to go through doors.
-Smell: Spintiri have almost no sense of smell

Diet: Omnivorous,

Communication: Talking and gestures

Technology Level: Galactic Standard

Religion/Beliefs: The Spintiri religion reviles around the Night saber with its actual origin morphing into it being a gift from magical forces, with the its wielder being honored as more than man and the Ultimate Leader of their kind. Their finest smiths and the few captured Jedi, who had joined them in the fight for survival, forged a mighty blade placing it in a stone which had been regarded as an oddity previously for it was found that whatever was placed in it could only be withdrawn by the next ruler of the Clan, naming the weapon the Night saber and making a replica of it to actually put in the stone, hiding the real one deep underground. Though countless have tried the sword did not budge until almost a thousand years after the battle of Yavin, when a man raised by the Magic Wielders pulled it from the stone, unifying the different factions in a single purpose, return to the stars.

General Behavior: Spintiri are naturally quick to fight, hesitant to run. And easily angered if their honor or skill as a warrior is questioned. They prefer to spend their time building weapons and tools to use, fighting, caving, etc.

Well first I'd like to say welcome to the site [member="Arctorius"] :) I'll be looking at your submission so let's get started.

Homeworld: Spintirr
I couldn't find a record of this planet in either the Codex or Wiki. I'm assuming this is also a custom world in which case it should be submitted to the Codex planet creation as soon as you're able to help this submission.

Description: Spintirri are a near human species from the planet of Spintirr. They are taller than the average human and stronger than them as well due to years of spelunking and climbing.
Are there any other distinguishing features apart from their size to mark them apart from regular humans?

History: During the Mandalorian Wars, the membrs of Clan Spintirri retreated after being defeated in minor, unimportant battle, with the clans only hyperspace capable ship was damaged, they were forced to jump to the only star system in range. Upon arriving there, fearing Jedi attacks, they destroyed their ships and used the materials to make more weapons. Fighting off creatures born of the planet, many lost their lives until it was decided that new leadership was needed, and so their finest smiths and the few captured Jedi, who had joined them in the fight for survival, forged a mighty blade placing it in a stone which had been regarded as an oddity previously for it was found that whatever was placed in it could only be withdrawn by the next ruler of the Clan, naming the weapon the Nightsaber and making a replica of it to actually put in the stone, hiding the real one deep underground. Though countless have tried the sword did not budge until almost a thousand years after the battle of Yavin, when a man raised by the Magic Wielders pulled it from the stone, unifying the different factions in a single purpose, return to the stars. A simple scavenger was cut down, the Spintirri found his ship and managed to reverse engineer his hyperdrive. Now equipped with several hyperdrive capable ships, the Spintirri have bwgun to spread out among the stars.
This section isn't very clear to me. Are the Spintirri species the descendants of Mandalorian Clan Spintirri? If so how did they develop a lifespan more than double that of the average human? The almost 5000 year gap is also a rather short amount of time evolutionary speaking for a new species off-shoot to develop.

The history section also doesn't detail much on significant hurdles for the Spintirri beyond the Mandalorian arrival and requisition of the Hyperdrive. The cultural story there may fit in better with the religious section of the template. I'd like to see you fill in the information gap of what the Spintirri have been through since the Mandalorian Wars. What shaped them culturally into a different species today? Have they had unified Governments? War? You imply there's been different factions who refused to unify which held back development. If you could elaborate on that, it would go a long way towards helping this submission!

We also ask for a brief mention of how Chaos's site events impacted species. Most importantly is the Gulag Plague, the virus which wiped out a large portion of the galaxy and ushered in a galactic dark age spanning several centuries. As the Spintirri seem to have been isolated on their homeworld during this era it's perfectly fine to say they were unaffected or barely affected but an acknowledgement of the Plague would be great.

Races: While most Sinians are only slightly larger than humans, a subspecies of massive warriors have developed taking the place of the primary battle leaders and fighters in Sinian society
I assume 'Sinian' is a name accidentally left on from an older draft?

-Battlers: All Sinians can learn fighting styles easily as they can more easily imprint their muscles with them.
Most of the strengths and weakness seem good to me except 'imprinting their muscles'. Do they simply have a greater ability to learn fighting styles and use them as reflexes or is this something deeper?

Other than that, there are a few spelling and grammatical errors to fix up before I can stamp this for approval.

[member="Samka Derith"]
  1. Silly me, one too many R's, linked wiki page.
  2. Expanded a bit more on the description
  3. Fixed, and allowed for Cannon
  4. Yes. Fixed
  5. That was from an older draft as well dropped.

[member="Arctorius"]

It's looking much better now, good work! There's just a couple more things I'd like to go over before approval.

Could you please add a reference to the Netherworld event much like you have with the Gulag Plague? Doesn't have to be more than a couple of sentences, just mention how the Spintiri were affected by the sudden mass disappearances throughout the galaxy.

Races: While most Spintiri are only slightly larger than humans, a subspecies of massive warriors have developed taking the place of the primary battle leaders and fighters in Spintiri society
The template for the Races section is about cultural and minor physical differences, like the different ethnic groups and nations in humans not subspecies.

[member="Arctorius"]
Okay then, I'm going to stamp this for a secondary check.

Although I recommend changing the font size back to the original size, it's much easier to read.

Trainee Approved Pending Secondary

[member="Mahet"]

[member="Arctorius"]

No problem, I just needed to be able to read!

Everything appears balanced and falls into canonical range for a Star Wars race. Just somewhat stronger humans with longevity. I concur with the trainee's judgment.

Approved, pending secondary. [member="Mahet"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom