Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Sphere of Influence

I have a question which requires some sort've guidance on.

If there is a planet, that is currently not being worked on or the planetary government is not being RP'ed and I opt to pick it up - do I have to seek permission of the Faction whose influence it resides in?

Or is it safe to pick it up, start subbing things and plotting?

You don't need a faction's (or anyone's) permission to use a planet for RP and establish stuff for it. But RP remains a social thing between people, so it never hurts to communicate. Especially if you want that faction to be aware of what you're writing, and have them respect and take your stuff into account. That can sometimes require compromises the same way writing with any person does but it opens up the possibility to write stories with the planet you like with that faction, too.

You can also choose to ignore a faction and just do whatever, but it's not the most welcoming way to set up a story.

If the planet isn't being used at all and has nothing going for it, then it's probably no issue to anybody though. But it depends on what you want to do, too. Something really wild or extreme might not be taken seriously if you drop that in the middle of a faction's territory and want them to respect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom