Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speak of the Devil and He Shall Appear (Any and All)

Scarface

Ned Stark's Bastard, Knows Nothing
((This is open to anyone, regardless of class or faction.))

Unbelievable.

A mere few weeks in and Gryphus Antares barely felt attuned with the Force. He had joined up with the Sith Council for hopes to better himself, however his training was progressing slower than ever. He even felt the audacious sensation that his own master was holding him back. Such a cliche'd scenario was a common occurrence in all facets of the Force, but Gry would not accept the same fate for himself.

He was on the planet Tatooine, the lawless no man's land of the Galaxy. A hive of scum and villainy, if one would. His ship rested silently on a flattened dune just over yonder. The Jundland Waste was a precarious locale, but Gryphus was enticed by the sense that anything of any size could outflank him and potentially eat him alive. What a thrill - at least he would die on his feet. This was unlikely though, for Gry intentionally emanated such a dark presence that any creature of non-sentience would instinctively keep away. Even the Sand People seemed to avoid him, as he had only spotted a small troupe, however they retreated into the Dune Sea before he could lay waste to their bodies.

He was here for the purpose of furthering his progress, even if it meant that he had to do so alone. With a deep breath, Gry sat crosslegged. Focus. He took a deeper breath now, and thrust himself to his feet once more and let out a terrifying, otherworldly scream as the Force flowed to his extremities. A sudden blast of energy erupted from his fingertips, but it only repulsed the sand away from him to a minor extent. It wasn't good enough. Why couldn't he focus. The prospect of failing himself was alone to stir his anger. He closed his eyes beneath the photoreceptors and took another sharp breath. Before exhaling, he tore the photoreceptor goggles away from his eyes with force, the pins which needled his corneas tore out with a disgruntled sloshing sound. A sudden shock of excruciating pain came over him as the sunlight burned away at his ruined eyes. He could not see anything more than dark shadows, and yet he felt freer than ever before.

With an even louder scream, now charged by a surge of adrenaline and discontent, Gry extended his arms in front of him once more. A powerful blast of the Force Push variety tore away at a particularly large mound of dirt. The sand kicked violently, stinging his face as the wind struggled to carry it back. It seemed as though his anger was indeed his greatest ally, it was the only thing he had trust in anymore.

Nar'vash was touring the galaxy, becoming reacquainted with all that has changed since he was put in confinement. Tatooine was always a planet he liked. The barren death and destruction that could appear at every turn was thrilling. The good news was that much hadn't changed. The ancient being he was didn't see a whole lot of change, despite everything else that had. And he liked that it hadn't become different because he somehow felt connected to the things that were still the same.

The Force was one thing that had never become different. It was a presence that whispered to him, a presence that gave him power, a presence that he was more than familiar with. He spent over a thousand years trapped within it. And now he felt it out in the barren sea of sand of Tatooine. So that is where he walked.

Finally he comes upon a man who, in a show of anger was whipping the sand around. His voice boomed out over the other man's fury, "Do say sir, what ungodly ritual are you preforming in which you sound as if you're dying?" Standing at over seven feet tall, he cast his gaze down at the man and underneath his mask, his eyes shown with an evil humor that did not care who this man was or what he was doing.

@[member="Scarface"]

Scarface

Ah, the age old gaze of one with the Force.
Or so he thought.

Gryphus whipped around as the man made his reproach, commenting on the spectacle that he had just witnessed. The young Apprentice was suddenly posed with the question of what he was doing to the evildoing sand. The air pump on his chest subtly activated, forcing his lungs to inhale and exhale. This was a redundant feature, as he healed enough to a point where he could properly breath on his own. The Sith Cultists who installed it felt otherwise. This only enraged Gry further, as he instinctively reached for a small control panel on his left wrist to switch off the respirator mechanism. Mere annoyances such as the fallacies in his armor, when coupled with a situation where he was forcing himself to embrace his emotions were a volatile combination.

The voice which came from the man echoed that of an ancient soul, tormented by his own psyche more than anything. Gryphus quickly assessed the stranger by his stance, his mannerisms, and even the way he spoke. He sensed a remarkable amount of energy within this man that was equal to his level, so his initial reaction was not of fear, but rather intrigue. Gry would respond, his own voice cut the silence between each man.

"I attempt to improve myself, even if I can only do so through pain. It's familiar to me."

Gryphus knew this man was attempted to masquerade as nonchalant, as if he didn't actually care. If that were true, however, this man would not have approached him if some degree of curiosity hadn't existed.

@[member="Nar'vash Ver-Sha"]

"Though pain, yes, is a motivator. There are more effective ways. You can take time. Learn, become better through the study of it, the understanding of what the Force is and what it can do. I personally had much time to reflect and now. Now I am much more." With that, he let the Force surge beyond what it normally was with him. Sand shot straight up in pillars, surrounding them in a circle of sandy pillars rising high in the air. His voice rose even higher, "The Force is power beyond imagination! It can be unlocked! And it can unlock you." The sand went down again, settling on the ground.

His voice lowered to a quieter tone, "But even I still have much to learn. I must reclaim the power that I used to have." Pausing purely for dramatic effect, he asks finally, "What are you ultimately trying to acheive?"

@[member="Scarface"]

What was Orrin doing on Tatooine? He was looking over a few parts for a side project he was working on. As he was flying close to where Gry and the Elder were, D' Orrin would sense the presence of darkness and anger flowing out from that area. Orrin drew the ship to a hault as he'd contemplate sticking around. Leaving without any sort of answers to the curiosity that was biting at him would prove less than fruitful. And so he'd place his ship on autopilot for landing just before he'd phase through the ship and land in a crouching position. The sand kicking up into a thick mist of dust around him as he brought himself to stand. And from there he'd march towards where the feeling of anger and where the force seemed to be flowing in a greater magnitude. As he began to see the other two, he'd approach with a bit more caution. This was because he wasn't sure what course of action would be taken once they saw him. Those who acted out of anger more often than not, made rash decisions.

Scarface

Gryphus angled his head to the sky, observing the hiss of another ship's sublight drive rip through the sky. The unidentified vessel touched down over yonder, so whoever the pilot was would not arrive for at least a few moments.

He turned his attention back to the elder man who asked Gry what his final goal was, or at least what he was hoping to achieve. Sensing no malicious intent, Gryphus would appease the question.

"I need to reclaim myself." He paused for a moment before deciding to delve into his past. "For as long as I can remember, I was the tool or the object or at the mercy of everyone except for me, when I escaped my circumstance, I knew that the only thing that would give me a modicum of solace would be to rise above the expectations that my past set for me."

Gryphus turned his body, rolling back his shoulders with an audible pop.

"I suppose I should ask the same for you?"

@Nar'vash Ver-Sha

A power surge of immense energy clouded the dusty air. It happened three times now, leaving Kralius to his wide eye'd gaze in that area. He had made way for the sandy terrain of Tatooine, where the cities were infested with grime covered, insolent swine. He wasn't there for bounty or exploration, but for training and development. He had only recently discovered his ability to delve into the force and he needed to understand it. To manifest it. Become one with it.

Though his deep meditation tactics seemed to fail him anyway, it didn't make matters any worse for Kralius once his concentration was interrupted. He was alone, on the outskirts of Mos Espa when the mysterious dark powers caused alert to his senses. Whatever it was, more like whoever it was, surprised the Nautolan. That kind of power could crush him. That kind of power intrigued him. Suddenly, something tore from the skies. Kralius snapped his head up and watched as a star ship flew over him, in the direction of the great wave of power. He wasn't sure what exactly was going on, but curiosity quickly took over.

Kralius leaped on his speeder bike and sped off. He was on his way to join whatever gathering was about to take place.

@[member="Scarface"] @[member="Nar'vash Ver-Sha"] @D' Orrin

Scarface

Before his question was answered, Gryphus heard the whir of a speeder bike rapidly approaching. Could the ship's pilot be here already? No, he sensed a completely new presence all together. This many Dark Side practicioners in one place was sure to leave a noticeable black hole in the Force.

As the speeder crested over the horizon, Gryphus angled his body to face the newcomer. As it halted, and another man stepped off. The sand whirled around Gry and the others as if the Force itself was sending its disapproval for this impromptu meeting. What a preposterous sentiment anyway. Not even the Force could judge him now.

"It would appear that we're not alone," said Gry, referring to the new Sith Apprentice.

@[member="Kralius Kol"]

As Kralius got off of his bike, he felt eyes burning his flesh. He was being watched. More like someone was staring into his soul. He drew near towards two other beings that appeared to be conversing. They were standing in the middle of a sand storm brought forth from their power. Dust and particles circled around them like a tornado. Kralius stood before them, somewhat close but somewhat not. He looked at them, his alien eyes glancing between the two. "I mean neither of you harm. I only seek knowledge. How... how is such power achieved?"

Yes. It was foolish to approach them and Kralius knew it. He was confident that he could avoid a fight, but honestly, he could not defend himself if anything went wrong. Especially two against one. He waited for a response, anticipation eating at his gut. These brutes were mean. At least their appearance gave that away.

@[member="Scarface"]

It was soon after that Orrin would be seen. He could have revealed himself sooner, but hey. He rolled his shoulders back a bit as a means to loosen up as the dust had fallen. He was curious to see just what was going on with how many darksiders were present. Or at the very least, those whom employed the power of the darkside. He was going to say something, but in truth, with the three others that were present, he'd figure that he'd just look upon what was going on and observe. If anything happened that he found of interest, then he'd respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom