Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Side Construction

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
He looked up to the Sith, the other Sith, as it were. Marek was learning, but he wasn’t calling himself that publically, yet. Hell, maybe he wouldn’t. But she wasn’t wrong, everyone had a role to play. And for him? It was to make the right contracts, and find the people he could trust in this intergalactic business game. He was in place, for whatever, whenever. He figured @Anesia Jy’Vun had a plan, but he wasn’t sure.

Maybe she was his contact?

Maybe he just wanted contact with her.

That power.

It was still there.

He snapped out of the Force, looking at his companion. Right, work, again. It was always work. Complete? “We should be at capacity to start producing the new line of vessels within the month. It might still be slow going, but we can produce one at a time. Three months before we’re at near capacity for production. The rest of the construction, odds and ends…” He shrugged. “Six?” So long as no Vong showed up. Or the Verd folk stopped checking in, or Rebels, or… whoever. But Marek was working to try to make sure things went smooth, at least for the Techno Union.

When the age comment showed up, he gave her another once over, not even trying to hide it. “Not that young.” He shrugged, still slowly bringing his eyes to meet hers. The Force was flowing from him, to and around her, then back. “He was more a guardian that they made into CEO. Taking care of the race and their prized company.” He nodded. “I make time to enjoy the little things. A few trips to Corellia every so often, spend some time on Chroma Zed.” Sneaking to the former and wishing it was more time with the Viceroy at the latter. “I make it work, and my father?” Another shrug. “Supply run, gone south.” Both his parents.

Arceneau? “Danger? Danger and I are… business partners, when it needs to be, acquaintances else wise. Why?” The Force pulled in closer to him. He was a bit defensive of his friends and business partners, that was his domain, and really, he didn’t want to be accidentally doling out information he shouldn’t be. It was just protection.

"I'm no slave driver," there was a slip of darkness that flowed in her words, but she appeared resolute in what she was saying, "but what can be done to reduce the times by half?" There were only so many able bodied men and women, loyal even, to The Confederacy that could engineer and build shipyards. "Are there any other droid types, mechanically inclined, that can be programmed to work in sync with the... organics?"

While she was Army designated, or preferred ground control, Anesia could not help but be inquisitive about the front-line in space. The orbital shipyard to be exact, as enemies would first have to get past the ships built there, but the defense that came with the ring around the planet as well. "Do you have the schematics? What odds and ends?" Certain things had to be in order for progression and plans to fall into place.

As if there was a shiver of sorts in the Force, the mention of Danger proved to pull such strings that caused the vibration in [member="Marek Starchaser"]. Interesting. Very Interesting. "I just found it to be rather peculiar for such a neutral corporation to not only pick a side -or appear to be favoring one- but to enter the war zone seemingly with out a thought to safety," as if she knew they would not be blown out of the sky by both sides, the twelve hour gateway aside. When you are neutral, you're neutral; the fact that the Omega Protectorate did not take it as a personal affront to business made Anesia all the more curious. "What were the stipulations of negotiations to evacuate that fateful day, Mr. Starchaser?" Such a big company could put a rather large dent in the opposition during war.

And this was war.

On cue, her eyes found his and she stared. Perhaps she knew the answer already and she was testing him. "I mean no harm to the woman," Anesia's smile widened, her head tilted with a single, dark brow larked. "I can care less who your bed mates are, Marek." Though I could go for a stroll through his memories to find out. The thought came and went, like smoke on the wind. "The shipyard is the primary reason for my visit," she leaned in, giving his shoulder a nudge, "however, I just could not pass up the opportunity to finally meet the Techno Union foreman face-to-face."

The same power that thrived on Druckenwell, assuaging the fear by replacing it with her own surety, came to rear it's head once more. Though tweaked, it still resembled battle meditation in that its purpose was to manipulate the mind to the Sith Master's cause. The Confederacy's cause. It had the bed-side manner of a well paid courtesan, slipping into as many minds as it did pants, steering and piloting the people with inky passion.

With the hand of gluttony, Anesia urged the workers, occupants of the shipyard with promise. Filled them with fortuitous power that they would yearn for when gone. Meanwhile, they would slave away to complete construction with such fervent desire to appease the dark, silken voice of their minds if only to continue to hear it.

Corey's OOC

Reduce the times? What was she? Vader? Marek was holding those thoughts close, obviously, because, well, speeding up production would help. And he wanted ti make sure the crews here were loyal on the more sophisticated and important systems, general organic labor was fine for the rest of the station. “I am waiting for some requests to clear, I’d be able to purchase a few hundred droid laborers. I know a company that does build pretty strong worker units.” And well, tossing credits that way could help in the latter part of… whatever.

Odds and ends, right. “Well, for me, I count odds and ends as non-essentials, like better lighting, installing moving sidewalks, speeding the turbolifts, adding the extras that make this a safe and effective place to work all around. That’s not to say we won’t have all that gear in the manufacturing levels, and if we can keep the fleet around, the weapons would be put on the back burner until we’re at full construction strength.” He was reaching out to her in the Force, to get a reading on her thoughts and feelings.

And a taste.

And that was when he felt her reaching to him, in regards to Danger. She was a friend, and well, mostly a business partner. He took a breath, right, they did jump in pretty quick. “Credits, extension of the contract, and her company does do shipping well, and a bonus for the trouble.” Of course. Plus, saving organics he supposed might’ve helped. Not that it bothered him.

Tanks were worth more than a frycook would make in its life.

Bedmates. Marek kept eye contact with @Anesia Jy’Vun and shook his head. “No, no, sadly its not that way.” Marek gave a half hearted shrug. He could probably put more effort into it, but the chase was always more fun, wasn’t it? When she broke the seemingly professional demeanor with the shoulder nudge, he nodded. “Its always good to have faces and names, yeah?”

Licking his lip, he reached out to her in the Force. She was asking about bedmates, after all. And there was yearning for the woman, coming from Marek. Cravings, is what it was. But was that him, or one of her creations? He really needed to continue his study in the Sith.

"Faces and names can change," with a soft, delicate sweep of her hands they framed his jaw. "And sometimes people are not who they say they are." The trace of fingers began at the slant of his eyes and worked their way down until they were at the collar of his shirt. An electric dance, just enough to cause the skin that was touched to feel the cool burn of her power. Anesia had managed to slip in front of him, putting [member="Marek Starchaser"] inches from the durasteel wall at the end of the corridor. Viridian gaze unwavering. "They mean nothing, Marek."

Near the end of the line, those clever digits tugged at the fabric of his shirt to draw him near and long limbs walked him into the barrier just steps back. The Sith Master's breath mingled with his, decadent rouge tiers only a flick of the tongue away, "Absolutely nothing." Frivolous movements of mercurial hands ventured down, palms at a pause pressed against the other Master's chest, atop the fabric of his shirt. It wasn't enough... enough to be a deterrent to the wanton darkside flowing from her fingertips. Nails scraped against the linen curtain that prevented another bout of contact to his flesh and the fire that came with it. Even if it was reserved for another, called to another. It was still a tool and she utilized it well.

The sudden silence broke, Anesia's influence having stretched and settled into the minds of each shipyard worker, and in the distance the echoes of labor hung in the air. It was music to her ears and she amplified the metallic sound within the little bubble surrounding them. An accomplished, inky smile spread over her mouth, twisting her pretty lips. "It is the action or inaction of an individual, not a label or the dispensable mask they endure." Barely a flicker of dim light passed between the lines of their bodies, the flawless visage of the General nearly nose-to-nose with the Foreman of Techno Union's.

Tendrils of the Force slithered to seek the potential in Marek, exploring the depths of his genetic make-up to his mind. Her very nature aiming to possess the man, to make an instrument out of him. The process of infiltration would be slow... subtle and deviant, so that she would become that advocate to the Living Force that he was in tune with, subscribed to. The raw emotion and ever impatient passion that coursed his very veins-Anesia was the temptation to keep going, to keep falling, to never stop reaching for it.

She was every bit the creator of madness.

Corey's OOC

He supposed she was right. It was the players that mattered. And for the business game? There were a lot of players, a lot of companies. But only a few that managed to squeeze themselves into the right places. The ones that were the power players, the household names. Those companies stayed, even if the leaders were different. Marek was all for working with that group, the group he wanted to become a part of. His eyes watched her, his back to the cold durasteel.

Now this was not something he would complain about. And now she was doing this. He needed what she had. What she knew, what she could do. With that power… He could do a lot. Would do a lot. There was the feel of her power. He was reaching for her. He was craving it. Yearning.

He could feel the intrusion, and wasn’t hearing anything else. Blinking, he looked up at her, trying to push her back, to get her out of his mind. He was reaching for her, wanting to equally push her back, and pull her in. Desiring what she had, what she was, what she offered.

Looking at her, this was someone he could learn from. Should learn from.

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom