Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Shark Attack!

Frevik Margos

F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4​

Good morning, all! I'm looking to start some more threads in Imperial space, and I was inspired by some obscure Star Wars creatures.

Right now, the planet Rishi is undergoing something of an identity crisis. For millennia it's been a lawless pirate haven, dominated by ramshackle townships, seedy cantinas, and illegal spice plantations. Now the Galactic Empire is trying to impose their harsh brand of order on the planet, with mass executions and clashes with underworld factions becoming commonplace. The planet is along the Mara Corridor, and still gets a lot of traffic, but new regulations and tariffs (along with heavy suspicion of scruffier spacers) have created serious traffic jams in the middle of this mercantile pipeline. The result: Rishi is a mix of order and disorder, brutal law and crime, in which any character can appear.

The Empire's interest in Rishi is motivated in large part by the planet's Exonium deposits. This valuable material can be refined into both hypermatter reactant and sublight fuel, making it vital to the Imperial Fleet's ability to keep up its patrols and conquests. Between trade, military industry, and the criminal element, the orbital stations above Rishi has a lot of beings to support, and are consequently expanding into a vast and tangled network. But Rishi is also remote, the gateway to the edge of the galaxy and beyond. Strange predators lurk in the void of Wild Space, and sometimes they drift into populated systems to prey upon the sentient beings that inhabit them.

So what will your character do when the largest Miner's Horror ever recorded starts to rip Rishi Spacedock apart?

Anyone and everyone is welcome! If enough people are interested in participating, I'll put up the thread and provide the link here. Feedback on the idea is also welcome!

Frevik Margos

F
[member="Darren Torran"] | potentially [member="Ghorua the Shark"] ?

Looks like that's the amount of interest I'll get for this one. I'll get it started tonight and tag you both (though if you're just here for the joke, Ghorua, that's fine!).

If you're not one of the above and might be interested in taking part, just let me know! I'll leave the thread open.

Frevik Margos

F
[member="gdsryrox"] That's fine, the more the merrier.

Thread is up! I've tagged you all, but here's a link just in case: Maws!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom