Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonic Saber

Intent: To confuse and torture Sith and Jedi

Development Thread: No

Manufacturer: Abrogation Inc.

Model: SS-Phantom Menace

Affiliation: Me

Modularity: Blade length can extend from 1 inch to 3'6" feet

Production: Unique

Material: Duralumin, Durasteel

Classification: Dual Phase Lightsaber

Size: Two-Handed

Length:
Grip: 1 Foot
Single Blade Activated: 4.5 feet
Fully Activated: 7 feet

Weight: 3kg

Special Features: Warps around lightsaber blades

Description:

Though it looks no different, the Sonic Saber is for many reasons not your average dual-phase lightsaber. For one, it fuses the technologies of the intricate lightsaber and the revolutionary sonic weapons to create a saber with a blade made of concentrated sonic energy that not only cuts just as well, but may pass through ordinary saber blades just as effortlessly as a bolt from a sonic blaster. Because it is made of sonic energy, it may block bolts from sonic weaponry; something an ordinary lightsaber wishes it could do.

Despite the ups there are always downs and the Sonic Saber has a few of it's own. Although the blades can pass through those of a lightsaber's, vice-versa is also possible and they provide no protection against a lightsaber's blade which will go through them and retain it's lethality. A virtue the sonic saber's blades don't have as doing so renders them far from lethal. They may inflict minor to moderate cuts and burns and cause much pain on contact, but are not likely to kill. Also because the blades are made of sonic energy, they cannot deflect blaster bolts as a lightsaber can as they will simply phase through them and allow the wielder to be killed.

Durasteel rings weigh the ends of the grip so that it my become a bludgeon if need be.

Note: I'm going to give you a chance to find a way to rework or rewrite this sub, but at this point it is pushing denial due to the fact that sound waves can not be solidified in solid blade form, so the base concept of this saber is pretty debunked. Also, there are many other nit picks with this for a sonic weapon, of which I can further point out, but the chief and foremost is the inability for sound waves to be reliably focused to function as a melee weapon striking surface/platform. Please fix the blade type, or unfortunately this will have to be denied.

Hazard

P.S. - Sorry for duplicate notification from an alt account, my computer is wigging out it seems.

Well, being a saber based on the same or similar sonic energy in a sonic blaster was pretty much the whole premise of the Sonic Saber.

If it can't be that then I have no need for a normal lightsaber.

If there are no other options you care to inform me on, feel free to archive this.

Thank You.

[member="Hazard"] - Unfortunately, no, I do not believe, and I consulted others on this to form a broader opinion even, that sonic energy can be focused and controlled thusly in the manner you speak of. Also, it's considered good form to @mention your judge or staff or such in a reply so we know the reply has been made and can respond in a speedy and efficient manner.

Submission archived at request of user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom