Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Solo-Class Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
prp_destroyer_classe_venator_by_vexod14-d6h7b9g.png
Image Source: http://vexod14.deviantart.com/art/PRP-Destroyer-Classe-Venator-391691716
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance
Manufacturer: The Rebel Alliance
Model: Solo-class Carrier
Modularity: [None]
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Fiberplast, Transparisteel, Carbonite, and other shipbuilding materials
Classification: Dedicated Carrier

Length: 1,137 meters
Width: 548 meters
Height: 268 meters

Armament:
  • 7 dual heavy long-range turbolasers (dorsal)
  • 7 dual heavy long-range turbolasers (ventral)
  • 40 point defense emplacements (dorsal)
  • 40 point defense emplacements (ventral)
  • 8 heavy warhead launchers
Hangar:
Special Features:
  • Advanced sensory system
  • Standard targeting systems
  • Analogue targeting systems
  • Standard navigational systems
  • Advanced life support systems
  • Analogue life support systems
  • Heavy deflector shields
  • Heavy particle shields
  • Holonet transceiver
  • Radiowave transceiver
  • Shortwave transceiver
  • Encryption network
  • Infrared beam triangulation communications transceivers
  • Tractor beams
  • Escape pods
  • Analogue propulsion systems
  • Backup hyperdrive
Maneuverability: 16
Speed Rating: 14
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
  • Extensive hangar capacity
  • Strong anti-fighter defenses
  • Heavy shields
  • Difficult to detect at long range
Weaknesses:
  • Rigid maneuverability
  • Minimal attack armaments
Description: One of three destroyer variants birthed from the old Venator-class hull designs, the Rebel Alliance’s Solo-class serves as an expanded carrier, low in armaments but superiorly high in hangar capacity (though significantly lower than the original Venator-class’ capacity). The Solo-class is almost all starfighter power and little direct firepower.

While the Alliance wanted a high-volume carrier to transport vast amounts of fighters about, they also recognized the threat enemy fighters posed, and installed a large amount of point defense weaponry to defend the ship from the very thing it was made for carrying. The Solo-class also features layered plating with Carbonite to help deflect space debris and dampen sensors readings of the ship, making it difficult to target at large distances. Its primary systems are also backed up with analogue mechanical systems in case of EMP attack, although the ship would not be able to run at full effectiveness if on manual systems.

As the original Venator-class destroyers were, the retrofitted Solo-class destroyers are capable of operation within a planet’s gravitational event horizon.

The Solo-class carrier operates best with a crew of approximately 1,600. Its provisions capacity for this amount of operators lasts for a duration of approximately 6 months.

Development Thread: Spokoynoy Nochi; Raxus Prime Time
Intent: To create a dedicated carrier variant of the Rebel Alliance’s first star destroyer series.

Krasnaya Xue said:
Hangar: 5 squadrons T-65XJ3 X-Wing 5 squadrons RAB-1 Matchbox 3 squadrons RAAF-1 Corvus 1 squadron ESB-8a Nevermore
Before we begin, I'd like to point out that a dedicated carrier may only contain up to 10 squadrons at the maximum size with minimal armaments, this ship contains 14, exceeding that at nearly 2000 m beneath the maximum size ship. I am aware of the Venator-class original hangar and its innovative dorsal hangar, but you will need to follow the template.

Hangar: (Please provide the amount of fighters this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of Special Features should be. Bigger ships can accommodate more Armament and more Squadron Count, but will require a development thread once you pass 1,600 in length -even if generic. This submission's Max Squadron Count: 10, with 10 being the max for a 3,000 meter ship with a low armament. Feel free to provide a list of names for your squadrons, like the notorious Red Squadron. Alternatively, you may swap squadrons for Vehicles or other items of note, or even provide a standardized load-out.)

Krasnaya Xue said:
6 dual heavy long-range turbolasers (dorsal) 14 dual heavy long-range turbolasers (ventral)
This comes out to being 400 offensive armaments. While generally speaking that isn't a considerable amount, the presence of the maximum sized hangar and the modest amount of defensive emplacements, I will need to ask for a reduction in either armaments or squadron count.

[member="Silara Kuhn"]

I know it may seem a little weak, but it does have the ability in the movies to suspend animation of a person sealed inside, which I would assume would include protection from exposure to rays and radiation that could affect the 'suspension'.

So I admit that I'm just making an educated guess off of pseudo-science and a snippet from the Wookieepedia page.

It also seems that carbonite lowered all biological and electronic processes to a point where a master of the Force would miss.
I'll understand if this is considered inefficient grounds.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]
Carbonite could provide a sensor-dampening effects, it prevents the readings of what is within/beneath, but it would not halt an ion blast any better than most other materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom