Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Solitaat-class Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAhgZ3n.jpg

Solitaat-class Geonosian Cruiser
Image Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_cruiser

Affiliation: Limited Market
Manufacturer: Geonosian Industries
Model: Solitaat-class
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Durasteel, Turadium (For Blast Doors)
Classification: Assault Cruiser

Length: 950m
Width: 275m
Height: 250m

Armament: 13
Defenses: 10

Hangar:
6 Squadrons
2 Shuttles

Special Features:
Standard Ship Systems and Shields
2x Tractor Beams for Hangars (starfighter strength)
2x Hangar Blast Doors
Ranger Transceiver

Maneuverability Rating: 14
Speed Rating: 14
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
Armored - The ships hull is twice the normal density, giving it a much better and stronger lifespan to taking hits and structure
Assault Weaponry - It is design to be a small Destroyer, or Light Destroyer. Attempting to be a miniature destroyer, making it the heavy hitter for the Geonosian fleet.
Weaknesses:
Slow - Because of its heavy armor, less was prioritized on the engines, only making tgem adequate for space. Atmospheric is not recommended.
Geonosian-Only - It is designed with Geonosian use in mind, so everything is in Geonosian language and some systems may be activated or used differently

Description: The Geonosian Cruiser was based on the older design of the Cruiser from the Clone Wars, and using schematics of the old Recusant-class Light Destroyer, making it a formidable ship for the Geonosian fleet. It's weapons boost any ships it accompanies, and can even make itaelf into a mobile shield, but its design makes it powerful as a capital ship in incursions. Based in Geonosian original design, it is homage to the original Geonosians during the Clone Wars.
Development Thread: None
Intent: Create a Cruiser for Geonosian Industries
Who Can Use This: Requires Thread/Contract
Primary Source: None

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Gisela the Righteous"]

hey looks cool just a few things.

Gisela the Righteous said:
Maneuverability Rating: 10 Speed Rating: 13
this is way way fast for something this big with this much firepower and 4 squadrons.

if you wanted you could make this Semi-unique production and get almost everything you want. it would just limit it to only being used by characters only.

If you wanting to keep the production level up then it will need some work.

I recomend making the armament rating 8. that will be along the lines of the weapons you already have on it and give you some room for the speed and maneuvering. Less mass = faster and better turning :)

The slow weakness needs to be removed for these speeds. Slow for a ship this class is 16 or above. If you want to keep the slow weakness making the Man. rating 16 will also give you some room for the hangers.

As it is the strengths do not really match the weaponry and armament rating. If your wanting an assault cruiser I would up the guns and add some assault missile launchers. bring the hanger capacity down to compensate for the weaponry. An assault ship needs to be fast to get into orbit but not have to be very maneuverable so go fast with slow maneuvering. It needs to be able to load out weapons that can penetrate a planets atmosphere. Laser cannons will not do this. I would drop some of the laser cannons and give it just enough to protect itself and add some heavy turbolasers or mass drivers.

let me know what your thoughts are and we can work on getting it to what your wanting it to be :)

[member="Reshmar"]

Heeeey Resh! Like my pocket frigate, I'm basing my Geonosian ships in CIS ships! I want to make this like a Recusant-class Light Destroyer. I always fogured them to be heavy hitters but slow. Is it right to look at them as skinny Star Destroyers? I'd like to keep it slow, but if you think we should change it to better match the Recusant-class, then that's all the better!

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at weakness/strength.

So, what I caaan't lose is the Swuadrons/Shuttles. Maybe could bring squadron to 3 or 3.5.

I'd like a similar armament to the Recusant-class, not missiles because they can be shot down. Can't shoot down turbolaser lasers! Haha

Oh, and the 2 heavy turbolaser batteries have to stay. Wait... Is battery 2 or 4? See the turbolasers towards the end of the nose? I feel like I should change that to dual heavy turbolasers. Heeeelp plz Reshmar

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Gisela the Righteous"] making the speed and maneuvering 14 would balance everything else out if thats is an option that intrests you.

and honestly at this size you could do 6 squadrons.

[member="Reshmar"]

Edited! I love the help from you and Gir for ships!

Also, was I right with the batteries? Supposed to be like the big guns on the Star Destroyers, like, I intended the 2x to be the biggest on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom