Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So.... which game should I buy for July...?

Which game should I get? (Post below why please)

• Total voters

Josiah Saedrin

J
Dark Souls 2. Because at least in my opinion, it's better than Dark Souls and Guild Wars 2.

Dark Souls was the hardest game I have ever played... because the controls and the camera were so incredibly bad I was unable to even leave the first room. So if you want to use mouse and keyboard... really do not bother.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Dark Souls is really a game for a gamepad. It's actually hard on purpose, is the proclaimed "most difficult game ever" and has the most recorded character deaths of any game. xD

I think the camera angles are just fine, and I've seen people with hundreds of hours in it go buckwild in it like a pro. It just takes getting used to. There's surprisingly not too many clipping issues or camera hangs - thank God.

People don't play DS because it's a smooth run and it's simple enough to occupy a little while of their time. They play because the lore is immersive and suspenseful, and the game's hard as balls to play so it's a constant challenge. Yes - you WILL rage... but so does everyone else. It's quite humorous. Still not as crappy an experience as CoD.

PS: GW2 is a good game, and a decent improvement over the original, but totes not worth buying over a current mainstream title.

None of the above, and I stand by it.

Every MMO out there sucks. There is no more originality anymore. SWTOR had promise but died out, World of Warcraft is just boring, I'm tired of raiding with elitists and supposed grown adults who cry about how they didn't get a piece of loot! (Although that is every game..) I actually heard a guy breaking his keyboard cause he was raging.

Anywho, I am going to stick to waiting for Destiny.

Get dark souls 2! I'd say 1 but it takes a bit to get into it so... DS 2 all the way! :p

Ashe the Reaper said:
Dark Souls is really a game for a gamepad. It's actually hard on purpose, is the proclaimed "most difficult game ever" and has the most recorded character deaths of any game. xD

I think the camera angles are just fine, and I've seen people with hundreds of hours in it go buckwild in it like a pro. It just takes getting used to. There's surprisingly not too many clipping issues or camera hangs - thank God.

People don't play DS because it's a smooth run and it's simple enough to occupy a little while of their time. They play because the lore is immersive and suspenseful, and the game's hard as balls to play so it's a constant challenge. Yes - you WILL rage... but so does everyone else. It's quite humorous. Still not as crappy an experience as CoD.

PS: GW2 is a good game, and a decent improvement over the original, but totes not worth buying over a current mainstream title.
Also, thanks for saying this, I'm in an argument with someone who is dissing Dark Souls, so I shall bring this into the fight :p.

[member="Alcastor G1"] I say both DS1 and DS2. (Can't speak much on GW2 because I haven't had much chance to play it). The Steam Summer sale is coming up either this week or next week (along with other sales from Amazon and other digital store fronts), so you'll probably be able to snag DS1 for under 10 bucks since it's been out for a while now. Expecting deep cuts for DS2 as well. I warn you though, DS1 is one of the crappiest ports I've ever seen. You'll need a mod called DSFix to raise the framerate cap above 30, and increase the internal resolution of the game (it's stuck at something sub-hd, even if you increase the window resolution). DSFix is pretty easy to use as far as mods goes, and it opens the door to add other mods to improve the experience. If you don't want to even mess with trying to fix DS1, then definitely just go for DS2. Good port (what DS1 should have been). If you're into action games, I'd recommend considering Metal Gear Rising Revengence if you don't have it already.

Hey!

Before you buy anything, you need to be made aware that both DS1 and DS2 will be on sale on Steam starting Thursday--the Summer sale is kicking off then, and since both games require Steam anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom