Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private So Uncivilised

Late Morning
Ruins Close to Mercuitie
Zaathru

Darien had drilled with his swords religiously since childhood. Father had insisted. One could never be too careful he would say. Recent events were proof enough of that. In just a few weeks his life had gone from stale and sedate to utter chaos. Armies had been planted on his doorstep, he was now responsible for protecting someone and in the coming days he was probably going to become the right hand of the de facto ruler of the planet.

He had tried to tell Arcturus about the mess that had been caused in his absence but he was not sure if his message got through and Rhiannon and her attack dog were far away now no doubt killing things. When Darien did manage to talk to Arc though one of the things he would do is accept the man's proposal.

All of that responsibility meant he had to be able to look after himself.

It seemed wrong somehow to spar in the city. He kept his weapons hidden away there. He had his image to uphold after all, peaceful. He was also self-conscious about being watched practising. So many people watched him in Mercuitie or at least it felt like it. Someone always threatening to burst in with an urgent note. Here though no one would find him. No one knew he came here except the one guard he trusted to join him and spar with him.

Darien was moving through Soresu manoeuvres with "Class" in his left hand the malleable weapon appearing now as a blunt training blade. He was not as smooth or strong as he would like to be and despite the form's focus on calm and the avoidance of fatigue with each blow sent his way he seemed to struggle a little. Still, he did not let his guard break nor give in to the pressure. He had to learn. Though he preferred the elegance of Makashi and the grace of fencing with light foils he would get nowhere practising his strengths excessively. So his trainers had always taught him. None of this is to say that Darien was weak or that his form looked poor. Merely that it showed vulnerabilities.

The god of prosperity's hair was slicked back out of his face. A mix of deliberate styling with product to keep it where he wished and also sweat making it damp and heavy. He was dressed sensibly but all the same still in a style befitting a god. a simple shirt, trousers and boots but also a half cape which hung over and obscured his left hip.

The sound of arriving footsteps halted their practice as his shaal guard and sparring partner diverted attention from training Darien to protecting him. His eyes watched the entrances to the ruined space they occupied and waited. one hand poised to move Darien behind him should the need arise. Darien for his part neither encouraged nor discouraged this. Though with some effort he did turn class from a blunt sparring blade into a real sword, still held in his left hand.

It was possible someone had merely stumbled upon him but this was not a ruin that contained much of any interest to explorers. Recent events made him wary that an attacker was coming.

"Hello,"
he called out hoping the arrival would reveal themself and their intention.

God of War, Steel and Storms
Forrest was in a state he was not used to. Regret and remorse. The actions of the war and the tiff between he, his mother and Darien weighed heavy on him and the implications that would take place when his father returned. The Pantheon was in a sad state. Trust, honor and balance has flown to the wayside for paranoia and infighting. The reason for his birth weighed heavily on his shoulders. Protect the Pantheon. Well that hadn't been going well since the jump.

Forrest knew something needed to be done and he also know that the only way to begin to mend fences was to start with Darien and his city. He set it early wearing meager clothes, leather breeches and a thin white shirt. Going in full battle regalia would send the wrong impression and that isn't what he wanted at all. He got to the city gates and was informed the leader of the city was out at the moment and pointed Forrest in the direction he has gone. Forrest thanked the guards and set it in that direction.

It wasn't difficult to find the trail. Using it and the pull off the force in the direction of a powerful user, it was easy to get to the small area in which he could sense his object of interest. He wasnt alone, that he could sense when he was far it from where he planned to go. He knew he would have to tread carefully, Darien didn't trust him and he was sure he was on some list for his guards to be wary of by now. Forrest approached carefully but wanting to alarm the occupants of whatever this was in a negative way.

The way the guards attuned to his approach was impressive. He had made his presence known, wanting to make sure he was coming and not just show up unannounced in a way that would out them on edge in a much different way. When he heard Darien call out he stepped out of the shadows showing himself at the entrance in all his glory. His hands up toward the sky and away from the two hilts attached at his belt.

"You can have the cavalry stand down, I come in peace. I think we need talk." he stayed that way as Darien decided how to proceed. It would be a shame to have to kill his guards, he clearly trusted them and they seemed capable and very good at their job, but if he ordered an attack he had every intention of being the victor.

Forrest was perhaps the last person Darien expected or indeed wanted to see here. From the very start, there had been enmity between them. Perhaps were he less emotionally involved he might have realised that was a product of Forrest's purpose instilled in him as his prime aim with little room for nuance. Perhaps too his lack of experience. He might have realised ... perhaps did realise that Forrest was not acting out of inherent malice merely fulfilling his biological purpose and seeking the most direct way to protect them in the immediate moment, not thinking of the nuances of harm that could result or the long-term effect of a choice.

It was easy to forget, though Darien had used it as a barb, that Forrest was a matter of weeks old and he knew little of life or humanity. What was less easy to forget for Darien was the way Forrest had treated Theryn and to some extent him. Forrest had caused both men but especially Theryn fear, Terror even. He had threatened them with death and destruction and left Theryn a mute wreck bloodied and bruised.

Rhiannon bore a share, perhaps the lion's share, of blame but Forrest was implicated alongside his mother.

Darien's first and lasting impression was that Forrest was a being mad drunk on the ichor of conflict. Rash, uncaring and worst of all short-sighted and foolish. A rabid dog who would bite all of them in the end.

The Forrest before him now was one he had never seen before. Calm and peaceful ... or claiming to be at least... even out of his armour. He looked like an ordinary man and not a warrior. Darien was, even he would admit, taken aback by the sight. It was a moment or so before he slackened his hold on Class.

Talk ... he could not refuse that even if he wished to.

He reluctantly did not wish to refuse. The current state of hostility was untenable. They would bring destruction to themselves.

"You can lower your hands Lord Dinn" he finally answered "What would you wish to discuss?" Darien might have had some choice of things to say. quips or jabs but if Forrest really did wish to bury the hatchet he was not about to jeopardise that. What sort of God of mediation would he be if he did that?

He was not yet welcoming and the guard remained on alert and poised to step between them but Forrest was not yet made to feel like he should be excluded.

"Lord" Forrest said with a small laugh as he lowered his hands and leaned against the ruined arch. "that is a title I have yet to earn. Look, you don't like me, I get that, but what you don't understand is I was made for a purpose. The sole purpose of protecting my family, this planet and it Pantheon. A Pantheon that includes you, Lord Cordel. As much fun as I would have waging war against your city, a war would only hurt the Pantheon."

Forrest then stood straighter and got more serious. "It's no secret how I feel about your ward, and I can't begin to imagine what your true feelings are toward me. Although your continued barbs against me give me some indication. I haven't been here long and my first days living brought nothing but a seemingly immediate that to those I had been instructed to keep safe. I took the course of action I thought best sir that with what little information I had. Since then I've had time to think and to do some research on this planet and beings and going ons of it. I'm man with to say that I was wrong, in my approach mind you, not necessarily on the outcome I can't to during that meeting. The facts are our little facade is on the verge of crumbling, and I, as the given protector, think that doesn't suit either of us for the better. So, long winded explanation out if the way, I'm here too see how it is we can mend fences and get this Pantheon back in order." Forrest then waited seeing what retort Lord Cordel would give.

Humility from Forrest too. It was like he had undergone a transplant of personality ... no perhaps he had simply grown up. Moved past his wild urges and become more temperate. "You're the son of the ruler here, a god and leader ... that makes you lord in my eyes but I will not call you that if it troubles you" There was a casualness to Forrest that had not been present in their other interactions. Yet still a certain childlike quality that had yet to shift. It was all so stark to him. Darien did not like him he said. Darien shook his head, not to deny disliking Forrest. It was an oversimplification of his feelings but not an inaccurate one. No, his denial was of the allegation that he did not understand "On the contrary God of War I know your purpose, I just feel that you have failed to fulfil it"

Forrest explained his point of view and Darien inclined his head in acceptance "I feel you were brash and short-sighted, you and your mother planted the seeds that caused the pantheon to crumble, you placed myself and you in hostility where we need not have been and gave me a glimpse that would befall me when your mother grew tired of me" He spread his hands "I am not one to see enemies in every altercation but that does not mean I will simply roll onto my back to be skewered, Your mother thinks me weak and little she is wrong about that"

He stepped to the side of the room to sit on a fallen pillar to pour tea from a container into a small travel mug, he poured a second into a normally unused spare and gestured Forrest forward "Please sit, let's see if we can't mend fences" He took a drink and sighed in thought "Perhaps I should start by elaborating on my objection to you then we can talk of how we bring ourselves back into co-operation, I do not wish to live my life in a constant fight ... certainly not with the other leaders of this country"

Forrest held one finger up with a small smile "For the benefit of what we are trying to accomplish here, I would appreciate if you only judged me based on what I've done or said and not lump me in with guilt by association. I never once agreed with or backed anything my mother said to you when you met us in our camp. Other than to invest my opinion on the matter of the children. I acted as a leader of an army that was infiltrated by your ward in an attempt to unsettle my men. What sort of leader would I be if I allowed such a transgression to be allowed unchallenged? I understand your I'll will toward me, but it was your ward who started those proceedings, not I, I merely settled then, and quite fairly if I do say so myself. I could have killed him, and had every right to do so considering his actions, but I stayed true to my father's words, and left him alive, unconscious, in pain, but alive."

Forrest gave him a few moments to retort. He smiled when he made his opinion about Forrests actions being the wrong ones and him failing at his job. "I can't argue that fact Lord Cordel, else we wouldn't be in the position we are in now. In my making, it would seem, I accrued my mother's weakness. Paranoia. I'm trying to rid myself of that, being here is the first step."

Forrest slowly made his way to where Darien had taken a seat warry of the guards. As long as they stayed behind Darien and away from Forrest things would be fine, he knew he could draw and dispose of at least one before any blow landed, two however would be a problem until he could get himself away from the table, one moment is all they would need if they got in a lucky shot.

Forrest nodded cordially at his words. "An admirable wish Lord Cordel, and I believe I have come up with an idea to thwart my mother's maneuvers before she can make them. Allow me to lay out my plan and see if my terms are acceptable. Mind you this is what I'm willing to give myself, it has no weight with the remainder of the Pantheon and I would hope you would make concessions in return. Forrest looked at him hard for a time letting him know that this was him sacrificing of himself to make this Pantheon work and get back to normal.

When he felt the true message had been delivered be continued. "First, I offer you my services. I'm sure the leaders of your army are quite adept at what they do, but I have been imbued with years of strategic training and many forms of combat. I will train your armies personally, including your generals, and yourself if you so wish, on both combat tactics and strategies. Your mean are good, Lord Cordel, I'm better. Secondly, I am willing to sign and official document stating that as long as you, Darien Cordel, remain a member of the Pantheon of Zaathru, I, Anhur, God of War, will refrain from any plans, strategies or attacks against you or your city. The people here are a superstitious lot, and the army of Zaathru have now been led in a campaign by me. They know I am a sound leader, a great strategist, and that I will charge into battle not only with them, but AHEAD of them and protect them with my life. Any war waged now, without the direct blessing from the God of War would only sow dissent and anger in our armies. Would these terms be acceptable to you?"

Darien was not entirely happy to have a finger raised to him but he smiled all the same. When Forrest had finished he spoke "I do judge you for your own actions, whilst it is true that you did not vocally back up some of the more poisonous language your mother used I do not judge you for that, I judge you for marching a grand army onto my doorstep uninvited and unannounced knowing there was hostility between us and it would look like an army meant to do me harm. I also do not say that you were unfair to Theryn ... savage and unkind but you did not cheat or act underhandedly. It is true I would not do as he had done and that you had to respond or lose the trust of your men but I will not fault him for protecting me and my city from a hostile force ... I also do not accept that he started it that was the fault of either you or your mother for marching on my lands without warning. I asked you then and I ask you now, where our roles reversed and I had marched a great army to your doorstep having first sent an impossible choice onto you how would you have reacted?" A breath was taken "I do not think that you would have stopped at a projection or tried to talk first"

He could not say that Forrest did not have a right to kill Theryn on that night. He did not think he had a moral right but Theryn had picked a fight (Quite endearingly in Darien's eyes) and that bore consequences.

Forrest gave an admirable response to Darien's criticism too, even he could admit that, conceding his misstep and pointing out that he was here to fix it. "Being here is a good first step and I will admit I am pleasantly surprised to see you make it ... I can admit that my feelings on Theryn were not... are not completely objective but of the pantheon only I bothered to actually to talk to him before making judgement and I had stood surety for him, in the clamour to have him killed you both told me, though it was not said, that my assurances were worth nothing, that I was still an outsider ... that I was as disposable as you considered Theryn"

He spread his hands "I am one man in a Pantheon otherwise entirely made up of your family ... you will understand why I feel vulnerable"

Darien noted Forrest's wary reaction to the guards, one Shaal one Zaathri as with everything else, so once Forrest was sat beside him on the fallen rubble he turned to the guard. He said nothing out loud but it was clear he had ordered the guards away when both offered him a bow and spoke to accept his order with a simple "Yes Contra-Usul". Darien was sure Forrest was a very formidable opponent but Darien was not entirely incapable of looking after himself.

It seemed Forrest had come not only to talk but also with a plan for the mending of fences he would set out his own offer and in return, he wanted as yet unnamed concessions. Darien was the god of trade he knew nothing was free so he nodded "I understand" he said acknowledging both what had been said and what had been left unsaid. He could tell it took a lot for Forrest to be here like this. He also made a sensible proposal, he would train Darien's forces.

Once again having allowed Forrest to speak he replied "I would certainly appreciate your tutelage of my forces but as to your offer of written assurances that you will not make war with me I do not need that, it would be a paper shield in any event either you are a man of your word in which case your spoken assurance is enough or you are not in which case the written assurance is meaningless... I have no one to show it to who is not already declared for or against me" Arcturus was presently his friend and would not need the paper to stand by him and if Arcturus ceased to be his friend then what use would the paper be?

"There is also something you should know and something else I would have from you, your father has already come to me he has given me all the lands of the desert from my city east to the sea a 50/50 partition, he has also asked that I serve as his right hand and principal advisor and I have decided to accept his invitation when he returns ... as for what I want further to what you have laid out I wish for you to give Theryn a chance and I want him accepted as a god, my priests have satisfied themselves that he is divine and he has been persuaded of the need to accept that he is seen in that way and the good that can be done if he does, I want the pantheon to be united in proclaiming him our brother ... " But Darien would proclaim him alone with Arc's blessing if he had to "I want you to make no more strife with him"

After a moment for Forrest to digest and respond he added "We must turn now to the concessions you would demand of me"

Forrest Dinn Forrest Dinn

Forrest smiled a crooked and wicked smile at his reply. "First of all, it wasn't a concentrated thought to bring them to your doorstep, not by me anyway. The running slavers went to your city, we followed to make sure they were gone for good. I apologize at what that looked like with the circumstances but as far as I was concerned, after Father spoke up, the issue was settled. As for your allegation toward what I would have done, you are entirely wrong. You're correct that I would have come and engaged personally, but I am not entirely kill first and ask questions later. I would have tried to resolve the conflict peacefully first, but I would have put myself into a position where I could have killed the leaders should that not have worked. As your so quick to point out, I'm a 'thing' I believe is the best word to describe your feelings towards me, my life means nothing if the Pantheon isn't safe. All of the Pantheon."

Forrest nodded in agreement. "If I can say anything in my defense it was just that I had just been born. I was still seeing things very black and white, there was no gray in my world. The easiest conclusion for that particular problem was to weed out the threat, and if that meant the God who went against our wishes as well, well, then so be it. In my free time I have done nothing other than train and study to become the man I was made to be. Strategic, deadly, and a leader to both the armies and the Pantheon alike. That is what I am trying to become, and in doing so can see how my initial instincts were......off kilter. As for your concerns, I understand them completely. As you saw at the meeting, however, just being a part of my family doesn't make you safe."

Forrest relaxed visibly as the guards were removed and told to stand back, he presumed anyway with their response. He nodded cordially to Darien as thanks and continued to listen. A sour look crossed his face as the manchild was mentioned, he didn't try to hide the distaste but did take time to think before responding. "Theryn is soft and weak minded, but I will admit, handled himself admirably in our duel. Even though I was holding back, he handled himself well. I agree claiming him as a God is what's best for the Pantheon. I can't make a promise that we will enjoy each other's company, but for now I can agree to these terms. Would you like me to help train him as well as your men? Be warned, if I do I will not hold back. He will come home many nights battered and bruised but he will be better for it." Forrest allowed Darien to think on the offer before answering.

Forrst laughed as he reached over and took the tea that was offered taking a sip. "You misunderstand my intentions here Lord Cordel, I haven't come to demand a thing from you. I have offered you what I have and I assure you, I am a man of my word, all I ask in return is you to come up with a consensus that equals mine and benefits the Pantheon. If you want me to make a specific request, all I would ask is a yet undefined favor of my choosing at a later date. I can't give more details because I have no idea what that would entail until I would need it. What ideas might you have along these lines? So far I have given you myself for training, my word not to move against you, and a promise to acknowledge your ward as a God. All I would ask is a fair share in return, the favor counting as one of your consensuses."

Last edited:
Forrest always managed to make his smiles look so vicious and cruel even when he was going on to speak sincerely. Watching him as he spoke Darien did think Forrest was sincere in what he said. Certainly, he did not seem the type to knowingly start a fight he did not then finish. Nor to bring an army as a show of force and then try to hide it. Darien wondered whether Forrest even had the thought built into his head to hide his intentions or thoughts. He certainly seemed to speak without a filter. He also didn't think that driving the slavers to him was Forrest's idea ... for he did think they were driven to him. Everything now smacked of Rhiannon's doing and perhaps Forrest was just as caught up in it as everyone else.

"Thank you," Darien said when Forrest apologised for how things must have seemed. He did not say it yet but he did consider it a good step to put matters behind them. They would have to at some point after all. Darien spread his hands in a mea culpa gesture when Forrest declared that Darien had misjudged him and he had the decency to look shame-faced when Forrest mentioned that to his mind Darien saw him as a thing and not really a person. He had not said Forrest was a thing ... a dog is what he had called him but the effect was the same. "I spoke out of anger and fear" he confessed "You had not made the best first impression and then it got worse from there, I apologise for insulting you" It was an action which was beneath his normally high dignity.

"Life should not have just one focus ... " he mused "You should find more to your life than war and protection ... if you do wish to be more than just a weapon" he wonder if Arcturus had built things like love and silliness into Forrest. Did he know of music or art?

In making his defence Forrest confirmed what Darien had already suspected. Forrest had not learned to see the grey in life at the time of the meeting where Theryn had almost been killed. He had been in many ways as much of a baby as the twins. The fact that he could admit as much now was a sign that perhaps he had learned as he said he had. He frowned and pursed his lips as Forrest again reminded him of the way Pharos had been strangled by Rhiannon "Quite, but therein lies the issue I do not think your mother saw that boy as family ... " Darien debated how to say what followed. It was a chance to plant a seed in Forrest if he claimed that it seemed Rhiannon would only see her biological children as a family but he wasn't sure if that was true so he did not say as much "I think she viewed him as an outsider like me someone forced onto her by your father"

He hummed "We must try to move past that sorry event now though, all clinging to it would serve to do is keep the pantheon divided."

When Theryn was raised it was clear that Forrest still did not like him. Darien supposed that would be a bridge too far. Forrest didn't need to like him only to accept him and treat him as one of them. He could accept them not enjoying each other's company but he would not stand to have Theryn called weak and stupid "No Lord Dinn he is neither soft nor weak-minded, There is value in him that I hope you will come to see in time" They didn't need to agree on that yet "Still I can not ask that you like him only that you accept him as one of us" Training him ... Darien thought that might assist but he could not speak for Thery "As for your generous offer to train him I can't speak for him you shall have to offer it to him yourself, maybe let more water pass under the bridge first, he needs to rest and recover"

Battered and bruised would only give Darien the chance to dote on Theryn and nurse him back to health.

"Perhaps demand was too unmusical a word" Darien replied, he had merely meant what did Forrest want in return "I can't give you a guarantee to do an unidentified favour ..." he said Forrest could make him do anything "I will say though that if you treat me as your ally and not your enemy I shall do the same to you, I shall do my best to further the stability of the Pantheon and serve as your father's right hand, I can teach the both of you diplomacy and statecraft... you might know how to take a city but I know how to build and keep one ... and I can ensure your army has good supply lines on long campaigns." Those were his talents "I will also help you where I can in other ways, if we are to be a team I will play my part" He hoped that was enough ... it would have to be, he would not commit himself to a blank cheque.

Forrest Dinn Forrest Dinn

Forrest smiled, a sincere smile this time. "I accept the apology, as it seemed as sincere as you stated it. I am not schooled in the ability of lying however, I say what I feel and I'm honest, probably to a fault, so if I had anything to do with my mother's schemes I couldn't hide it if I wanted to. I'm not built that way, not yet at least, it's a skill I will need to develop if I'm to sit in a seat of power."

Forrest waved away the comment. "You sound like my father, but if I'm being honest, I am a weapon." he shrugged nonchalantly. "That was literally the purpose I was made for. I know I have love and emotion because I do enjoy my younger siblings, well small I guess is a better word, and maybe someday that will come, but for now I am the protector of the Pantheon, and I intend on doing my job. I don't really care who acknowledges that or who likes it and who doesn't. Those are the facts. Plain and simple."

Forrest nodded thoughtfully. "I tend to agree, which means I too need to be cautious. I was not born of my mother's womb, and therefore could be snuffed out at her whim. That is, until I find the power to prevent that from happening. I love my mother, half of me is from her, but the fact I'm here puts me in danger. She doesn't like anything that interferes with her schemes. Blocking her war with you, could be considered an act of war against her. Hopefully she will see it for what it is, a way to protect us all, but her paranoia may prevent that. Hopefully father can contain her anger, if she doesn't go through him first." Forrest nodded his agreement. "On that count we can agree, which is exactly why I came to you myself."

Forrest shrugged "We shall agree to disagree. Maybe one day he will show me what you speak of, but I haven't seen it yet. Although, I will admit he handled himself well. As for the offer, I figured it would be better received coming from you. Tell him of my offer, if he wants to accept, I shall offer it myself, if he doesn't, then there is nothing else I have seen to make me look down upon him further. I think that is a fair agreement, all considered. I will say I hope he does show me something different. After his actions against our camp it would seem he has some resolve. Hiding behind and illusion however was not the way to win respect."

Forrest nodded his agreement. "That's all I can ask Lord Cordel, and I accept the opportunity to learn more about statesmanship. I wouldn't ask for an agreement on anything yet to be named, but I would hope that should one arise you remember this conversation and take it into consideration, as I have done for you by coming to block any war against you."

Darien's apology was readily and graciously accepted and that was to be the end of that matter. Both gods had apologised for what had gone before and seemingly that would be enough to let the bad air between them dissipate. Forrest went on to confirm what Darien had pondered claiming he could not yet lie. He had not learned how. Darien pondered then whether that might be a good thing. Did it serve them to have a god of war who could lie? certainly, he needed to be taught discretion and the ability to deploy silence but lying. He supposed it was not his decision to make "There is a difference between not telling the truth and lying and both should be used sparingly, especially by leaders" he did not wish to lecture Forrest though so unless asked for more he would leave that topic there.

It was a sad state of mind that Forrest adopted. Seeing himself only as a tool to be used. Sitting with Forrest now and listening Darien got a glimpse into him. The turmoil he felt and the emotions that lurked behind his icy edges. He was not all blood and steel. It made him smile in part sympathy part amusement as Forrest referred to his young siblings as 'smaller' in place of 'younger'. It was hard to remember that Forrest was not even a year old himself. No doubt it was worse for Forrest to be filled with information which he had not learned to manage yet. "Weapons don't feel or think" Darien replied "Your purpose and job do not make you an object and you should not constrain yourself to that view, you are a protector yes and a fighter but you can and should be more ... you should find something outside of war and pain that makes you happy"

Forrest's fears about Rhiannon were interesting too. He had begun to fear that she might turn on him too. Perhaps because he was now doing something which she would not like. He was confronting the fact that though half Rhiannon she had not grown or birthed him and it was possible that she did not love him as she did her natural children. Darien knew he could use that, nurse it to further isolate Rhiannon but he chose not to. He did not think that Rhiannon saw Forrest as an outsider. He was not born of her it was true but he was born through her and she had seemed very fond of him in all the interactions Darien had seen. He thought for a moment "There is no love lost between me and your mother it is true, my opinions on her are no doubt quite clear to you but I do not think she sees you as an outsider, I do not think she would do anything on purpose to hurt you, your father or your siblings"

They were making progress to mend the rift though and perhaps once the babies were born and the dust had settled Darien and Rhiannon might make peace too. "It is good that you came, I did not want to be at odds with you or your mother"

On Theryn they still could not agree. Forrest saw him as a weakling but even that was an improvement and he was open-minded about the possibility of seeing a better side. Perhaps even foster it himself through training. "Very well Lord Dinn, I will tell him of your offer when he is recovered and settled and we shall see where we go from that point" There was little else to do. Sometimes things could only be progressed by waiting.

The caveats Darien had given were accepted and it seemed they had a deal between the two of them. An unexpected turn of events but one he was glad for. "I will remember that you offered out an olive branch where it might have been easier for you not to and that you have offered me cooperation, I will not unreasonably refuse you aid if I can give it" There seemed to be no other serious conversations to be had then and Darien felt a weight leave his shoulders "It seems there is no more enmity between us".

"You must have had quite the journey to get here, do you need more than tea?" he asked, Forrest seemed the type to carry rations in a saddle bag but he may want more. Not that the ruins could offer much but there were places in the city where Forrest could rest and refresh without troubling Theryn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom