Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private So High

Kahlil_Div2.png

Well this was new. A Jedi with a bow.

Maybe not that new, but it was the weapon of the Nightsisters as far as he knew, and Shem was far from a Nightsister. A boy flying around with a bow. He chuckled as he glanced over his datapad. He'd meet the boy soon enough, but right now it was all research and understanding on how best he might be able to help him. Unironically, it was his newest attempt at a fighting style that might help. How to aim through the Force. Now he just needed to find the boy, who was hopefully not off flying somewhere again.

Shem Spinner Shem Spinner

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"WOOOWEEE!"

Shem zipped through the halls of the temple, his astromech Tepp clutched tightly in his talons. It was strength training, or at least that's what the Rishii had told his companion. Instead, however, it was an attempt to try to get the droid to muster up his courage and take flight with his rocket boosters.

"Alright, I'm gonna let go Tepp!" Shem told the R5-unit. "You gotta use your boosters. It'll be easy."

The droid protested, trembling as his head spun wildly.

"Come on, this is important!" the Rishii insisted. "Learning to fly could save your chassis if something bad were to happen. I thought you liked to be safe-"

Tepp let out an alarmed beep in droidspeak. Was it... Stop? Shem's avian eyes focused dead ahead, fixing on the frame of a rather large man. Rather quickly, the fledgling lowered the droid to the ground, using the droids treads (which were locked by default do to his nervousness) to slow his acceleration. The two stopped a good foot in front of Master Kahlil, Shem perched on the shoulders of Tepp.

Oh yeah, he was supposed to meet with him today.

"Uh, hey Master," the boy quickly addressed, improvising. "Am I late?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil slowly looked up from his tablet with a brow raised right up as he watched the Padawan he was searching for fly through the halls. Well, he was flying. At least he could find him without needing to scan the skies. He gave a calm smile as he clicked off the datapad and tucked it away in a pocket. Which had him pause and glance to his hip for a moment. New idea, some sort of storage rune.

He'd work on that later.

"Early, actually. I was just on my way to find you."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Early, actually. I was just on my way to find you."

"Oh, okay," Shem responded with a smile, hopping off his astromech companion. "Cool. Uh..." The Rishii turned to Tepp. "We'll get you flying later."

Tepp was relieved at that remark, turning and setting off to return to Shem's star fighter. The Fledgling would figure all of that out when he was done with Master Kahlil. He'd get the droid over his fear eventually. For now, he had whatever this was to attend to.

"So... what are we doing?" he asked, cocking his head.

Shem admittedly hadn't been paying attention to the instructions he had been given on what this training was.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Flying for the droid, huh? He glanced briefly to it, hiding a chuckle. It didn't seem too excited about the idea, or at least just relieved it was a problem for later him. Probably good for it, honestly. His gaze fell back to the Rishii before he smiled.

"I hear you use a bow. It's unorthodox for a Jedi, so I'm curious. Care to show me how well you can use it?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"I sure can," Shem responded with an excited smile, drawing his bow. "I'd like to think I'm pretty good, but I got some things I need to improve on. I'm not as good as my dad yet."

His dad was a real Bow Master. Rishii warrior, respected chieftain, and a crackshot unmatched by the rest of their flock. Shem wanted to be that good some day, but it would take a lot of practice before such a thing could happen. His bow was top notch at least, the Goldwing. The fledgling had crafted it by hand with guidance from his father, and he always kept the weapon in pristine condition. Shem grabbed hold of it with his talons and began to flap his wings, hovering a little off the ground.

"I'm really good at flying with it," he explained. "My dad taught me how to fire it in the air." The Rishii took a moment to knock a plasma arrow with his beak. "Like thith. Ih taths fummy, buh you geh usth to ih."

Shem didn't fire the bow, instead letting the arrow dissapate. He couldn't just fire at anything after all. That would be a safety hazard, unlike flying at high speeds with a droid.

"Got a target?" Shem asked.

Kahlil_Div2.png

That..

Huh.

Kahlil blinked slowly as he watched the display. Outwardly, he had the same calm smile as ever. Inwardly, he was processing what he was seeing. He'd never thought of how the boy fired the bow while still flying, how any of his species did. With their mouths, beaks. It made sense, but it certainly wasn't something he'd expected to see in the slightest. If anything it made him far more curious on just how mobile a Rishii could get.

So, with a renewed grin suddenly forming, he motioned for Shem to follow him.

"I do. Just outside, actually. I want to see how well you fly."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Oh. Okay!" Shem nodded.

He could do that. He was good at flying after all. For a young Rishii, anyways. Shem was pretty confident that he'd be quite good. The fledgling followed Kahlil outside, fluttering just behind the Jedi Master with his bow clutched in his talons. As he flew outside, the wind blew through the feathers on his head, giving him a refreshing chill. He much preferred being out in the air.

Now it was time to show the Master what he was made of.

"Alright," the boy continued. "I'm ready."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Okay!" Shem nodded with great enthusiasm.

After all, what did he have to worry about? This was the Shield of the Jedi after all, one of the strongest that the Order had to offer. A few low power energy arrows wouldn't bother him much. They may not even fully stun the man as they were intended to. He was, after all, quite large.

Shem shot up into the sky, arching over the top of the Jedi Master. As he did so, allowing his initial momentum to carry him, the Rishii quickly knocked and fired off four arrows with great precision. Two aimed at the hands, two at the feet. They weren't the typical targets of low power rounds, but that wasn't the point. Kahlil wanted to see how good of a shot he was, so Shem was happy to aim for specifics and spread out his area of damage.

All he had to do was wait for one to connect.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Well he didn't hold back. That was a good sign.

Kahlil watched the boy shoot off into the sky like a rocket, immediately going to debilitating shots. Feet, hands, many targets and all hard to evade normally. Thankfully Kahlil had spent a long time learning how to evade. He weaved through them with a slight, calm smile, his eyes never leaving the Rishii. He wanted to see more. He raised a hand, briefly tugging on the Force to see just how stable of a flight the boy had.

"Good! But you'll need to be more clever for me."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

Shem winced as he felt a tug through the force. Master Kahlil was trying to pull him down. The Rishii, however, was determined to remain airborne, his strong wings keeping him in the air, along with a little bit of push back with some force use of his own. From there it was time to change up his strategy.

Three more arrows flew, this time in completely separate directions. They curved rather unnaturally for arrows, and a look of strain grew on the fledgling's face. His limited force training in mind, Shem was doing what he could to direct the projectiles, theoretically to counteract the Jedi Master's dodging. His dad was really good at that, even for being untrained in the force. He would have to work on it, but for now perhaps it was enough to display an area for growth.

If not to at least attempt to get a hit in.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Good, good."

Kahlil mused just a little as he watched the airborne Rishii with the ever calm smile on his face. They fought like nothing the Jedi had ever seen thus far, which had him elated. There was nothing like learning a new way to fight, especially one that he could never replicate himself. Though the next shot was something he felt he could. A brow raised as he moved, and not as subtly as he had before. A full movement, speeding along to get ahead of the arrows. As he thought, they were following him.

Fascinating.

He skirted around the ground, weaving through the arrows as the continued to hound them until he found his moment. Two of them were sent into each other with his own pull of the Force as he finally came to a stop. Then, rapidly, he turned to catch the third just before it hit him.

"Impressive! Where'd you learn that trick?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Woah."

Master Kahlil was really good. He sized control over two of the arrows and sent them into each other and then caught the third? That was raw plasma, even if it was low power. It would be hot to the touch. Still, the master seemed to be impressed by his display, which made the fledgling beam with delight. He landed, slinging his bow over his shoulder and puffing out his chest with pride.

"My dad taught me," Shem explained. "He's not a Jedi, but he's real good at using the force. It's a rare trait that our family has, at least that's what my Uncle Spinner told me. I wanna be just as good as him... eventually. My dad's real good."

It would take him a bit to catch up.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"One doesn't have to be a Jedi to be good at the Force. I think I'd like to meet your father one day, if only to help train you more in this. I don't think there are many who could help hone that skill. And, well, I'm fascinated. Arrows that hone in on their targets. I had a spell once that did something similar, but it had it's limits. This certainly seems much better." And certainly not as dark as his own magic had been.

"Thank you. For showing me."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"You bet!" Shem nodded. "You'd like my dad. He's real cool. He's leading my flock to a new place right now, but after that he said he's gonna come visit."

That had Shem really excited. His flock being in a safer home was great, of course, but he hadn't seen his father in a while. It was always fun for the fledgling to be reunited with his old man, especially if it meant he could show the chieftain how much better he had gotten with a bow.

"Oh yeah," he began again, "What did you wanna teach me?"

This was for teaching, right? Shem had admittedly forgotten about that part.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Honestly, he'd forgotten it too. Not that he showed such forgetfulness on his face. No, instead he smiled. And thought quickly. The lesson he was going to teach as actually the same thing the young Rishii already had a pretty good grasp on it all. He reached up to rub at his chin. What could he show him that might- Ah, right.

"Can you fire without looking?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom